U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 02:26 PM

656 posts, read 951,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
Abortion is murder. Pure and Simple.

GOD put the child in the Womb, (HE allowed the fertilization of the egg), so, the Mother or Father have no business trying to destroy what the LORD allowed to happen.

Remember, not all sexual activities result in pregnancies, so the LORD has to allow the child to be consumated into the womb.

HE knows every hair on your head before your born, so, it should be that your child is HIS instead of yours, and your just permitted to raise the child for HIM.

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse
Just, can't resist (I swear I'm a glutton).

So is it also GOD that allows miscarriages to happen? Is it GOD that allows children in third world counties to be raped? To be sold into sex trafficking at age 8? To be infected with TB and die before the age of ten? Because, by your logic, GOD allowed for all for it to happen; it is your GOD that allows for death, killing, raping, and murder. He allowed it right?

Can't give him credit for the good in the world without him taking credit for the evil too. He's GOD and he ALLOWED it right? Right...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 12:34 AM

2,639 posts, read 5,057,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Well, at least you're an honest mysogynist.
What sort of punishment does the male partner get in this scenario, since we can be pretty sure it's not masturbation causing the pregnancy?
Call me whatever you will.

My #1 deal is people taking responsibility for their choices, actions, whatever. If parents won't teach their children right from wrong, abstinence, protection, etc...I don't agree that "the system" should provide the right to effectively end a life. I also don't agree that some bratty girl who was just horny should have the right to abort having a child because she doesn't think she's ready. If she wasn't ready for the consequence of her choice, she shouldn't have chosen to sleep with the guy in the first place. Period.

I think what some people fail to realize when they come back with counter arguments about "what about the guy?" What about him? She chose to lay down, get undressed, and spread her legs. This thread is about abortion, not about parenthood; they're two separate issues. To the topic of abortion, I stand by my original statement. It's not about misogyny. I love women. I hate stupid women. I also hate selfish women who don't think before they act, and that's exactly what my statement is geared towards: If all you care about is how hot some guy is and you willingly spread your legs with no protection or thought about what you're doing, get pregnant, then want to terminate the fetus just because you're "not ready"? That's selfish, that's stupid, and I have no sympathy for it.

Think before you give up the pink. Don't do the deed if you're not ready to feed.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:12 AM

14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post

My #1 deal is people taking responsibility for their choices, actions, whatever. If parents won't teach their children right from wrong, abstinence, protection, etc...I don't agree that "the system" should provide the right to effectively end a life. I also don't agree that some bratty girl who was just horny should have the right to abort having a child because she doesn't think she's ready. If she wasn't ready for the consequence of her choice, she shouldn't have chosen to sleep with the guy in the first place. Period.

I think what some people fail to realize when they come back with counter arguments about "what about the guy?" What about him? She chose to lay down, get undressed, and spread her legs. This thread is about abortion, not about parenthood; they're two separate issues. To the topic of abortion, I stand by my original statement. It's not about misogyny. I love women. I hate stupid women. I also hate selfish women who don't think before they act, and that's exactly what my statement is geared towards: If all you care about is how hot some guy is and you willingly spread your legs with no protection or thought about what you're doing, get pregnant, then want to terminate the fetus just because you're "not ready"? That's selfish, that's stupid, and I have no sympathy for it.

Think before you give up the pink. Don't do the deed if you're not ready to feed.
Great post!

I should also add that a man who does not want to be a father should follow the same advice.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:09 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,228,686 times
Quote:

So in your world, no mistakes are allowed and everyone is expected to be perfect? Well things are different here in America, we try to think realistically rather than idealistically. Whether abortion is legal or not, people are going to be having irresponsible sex when they are unable to deal with the consequences. Nothing is going to change that. Abortions are going to happen whether they are legal or not. Nothing is going to change that either. So as Americans, we have to think what is best for our country, and that would be to legalize and regulate abortions.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:47 PM

604 posts, read 1,050,793 times
Quote:

It goes both ways you know. These women you're talking about didn't impregnate themselves. Did you miss sex ed class? Don't plant the seed if you're not ready to feed. THAT is selfish.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
So in your world, no mistakes are allowed and everyone is expected to be perfect?
Listen carefully. I've said this twice now.

There's no mistake being made. People are not thinking before they act. That's not a "mistake", it's ignorance, and I have no tolerance for it. If you believe in a deity, they gave you a brain; use it.

Quote:
Well things are different here in America, we try to think realistically rather than idealistically.
No...we leap before we look; there's a difference. Look at drivers: They tell you over and over in driver's ed to look both ways before pulling out, looking against traffic for oncoming cars first, yet people don't do it. Stop signs at intersections, people ignore them (don't give me that "didn't see it" crap either). And in sex ed class, which I'll go into in a minute, they tell you the biology behind pregnancy yet people just ignore it outright because "sex feels good". No condom, and even still, they tell you condoms are not 100% yet people still make the conscientious decision to do it. Which is fine...but you need to be held responsible for the outcome.

This isn't a coddling lesson. This is to teach responsibility. There is no better way I can think of to teach that responsibility than to face the consequences of an action. Both Merovingian and Morpheus were correct: There is only one truth: causality. Action...reaction. Cause...and effect. BUT, everything does begin with choice. If parents would stand firm on this issue and prohibit any less-than-18-year-old girl from getting an abortion, and telling them from the moment they hit 12 that if they screw around and get pregnant they're keeping the kid, we'd have a lot less child pregnancy. Sometimes you need to scare kids into compliance. As far as adults, I say it's only really appropriate if there was rape involved or some other involuntary means of having gotten pregnant. And that's fair.

Quote:
Whether abortion is legal or not, people are going to be having irresponsible sex when they are unable to deal with the consequences. Nothing is going to change that.
That's fine...get ready to take care of that child and not neglect it, and if you should fail, you go to jail. (Another rhyme for you)

Quote:
Abortions are going to happen whether they are legal or not. Nothing is going to change that either.
Don't be so sure. If they make pregnancy tests prescription only and require recordkeeping of their distribution, there's no getting an abortion without it being noticed. If you don't get a test you won't know until you miss a period, and if you get aborted under the table, people will know about it in 9 months. You can't avoid it. Instant jailtime; log it as Manslaughter 3rd degree UNLESS you can prove you were raped or otherwise not a willing participant to the "act".

Quote:
So as Americans, we have to think what is best for our country, and that would be to legalize and regulate abortions.
In. Your. Opinion.

What is best for this country is that we don't continue the downward spiral under the illusion of the word "freedom". That "freedom" extends to the fact that you are not a slave; nothing more. You are not free to take your own life, so why should you be free to take another?

Think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
It goes both ways you know. These women you're talking about didn't impregnate themselves. Did you miss sex ed class? Don't plant the seed if you're not ready to feed. THAT is selfish.
Irrelevant. This thread is about abortion, not male bashing for poor decisions.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:31 PM

604 posts, read 1,050,793 times

I thought it was important to discuss responsibility. Your comments about women were not gender friendly at all, when you called them stupid and selfish for not using protection, without considering the man's biologically necessary contribution. Your suggestions only hold women accountable for unwanted pregnancies. You can't put women who have abortions in jail. That's just ridiculous.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post

I thought it was important to discuss responsibility. Your comments about women were not gender friendly at all, when you called them stupid and selfish for not using protection, without considering the man's biologically necessary contribution. Your suggestions only hold women accountable for unwanted pregnancies. You can't put women who have abortions in jail. That's just ridiculous.
Read carefully this time.

There are stupid women in this world. That's a fact. There are also selfish women in this world. That's also a fact.

Men do not get pregnant. Women do. Women have the plumbing for carrying a fetus. Women own the womb. Women have the final say in whether or not something enters their womb.

Therefore...

I hold women 100% accountable for making sure that things do not enter their womb if they're not ready for what may come out of it.

The statement is irrelevant, because if women would not allow the men to poke the pig before they're ready for the consequences, we wouldn't be having this discussion now, because there would be no need for pointless abortions by...wait for it...selfish women.

Women have the power. Don't spread your legs, don't give up your eggs. Get pregnant if and when you are ready to instead of using abortion as, in the words of Jack McCoy, "...a free pass to commit murder."

Old 04-11-2009, 06:13 PM

4,469 posts, read 6,161,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Why are you so anti-dad? You don't have to answer, of course, but it seems you are pretty anti-father or anti-male.

Suggesting I'd've been thrilled if my husband could have taken over my pregnancy eleven years ago is anti-dad? After about the seventeenth week with my head in the toilet throwing up my toenails I would have happily shared the experience with him....or anybody else.
I wasn't crazy about the six weeks in the hospital antepartum unit, the liver damage, or the threat of a subclavian line, either. And considering he'd had a hand (purely a figure of speech) in me getting to that point...yeah, I would have shared.

I just don't think men should have ultimate dominion over women's bodies. But that doesn't make me anti-male. I have a husband, son, and a couple of nephews I'm quite fond of. (In fact, I'm pretty sure my son is my reward for letting his older sisters live through adolescence.)

Old 04-11-2009, 06:20 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,184,827 times
While you're at it, why not make women cover themselves in a burkha(because let's face it men are not going to be able to cope if women start withholding sex, they're not coping now) return the law to the good old days where women were chattels, stop education for the female of the species, limit their work opportunities to child rearing and slavery to their husbands, fathers and brothers and in general make women the second class citizens you appear to want them to become.

Oh and when your rape statistics climb through the roof because of your plan don't forget to change the law so that any woman that is raped gets stoned to death for participating.

Are you sure you're living in the USA?

All those poor men that can't control their urges and have a god given right to spread their seed with no consquences whatsoever, yeah, let's make things more peachy for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates