Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 09:08 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,923,279 times

Advertisements

What would we do with all those Chinese babies? 250,000,000 Chinese foot-soldiers would be plenty to occupy America after WW3. Aren't you glad they were aborted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 10:07 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,262,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
What would we do with all those Chinese babies? 250,000,000 Chinese foot-soldiers would be plenty to occupy America after WW3. Aren't you glad they were aborted?
Well, maybe you're joking, but seriously, many American couples have been and would continue to adopt Chinese infants. Apparently, though, so many people have wanted to adopt them that the Chinese have tightened the requirements now for adoption there.

Just saying...

Old 05-01-2009, 10:18 AM

No, I'm not joking. Id like people on this forum to speak up and tell us whether or not they are glad that those Chinese babies were aborted, or do you wish those quarter-billion souls were over there alive now.

Kaykay, do you realize what a tiny number your "many" is, out of 250-million?

Old 05-01-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
No, I'm not joking. Id like people on this forum to speak up and tell us whether or not they are glad that those Chinese babies were aborted, or do you wish those quarter-billion souls were over there alive now.

Kaykay, do you realize what a tiny number your "many" is, out of 250-million?
Well, I just know that right now the "demand" is higher than the "supply" for Chinese children...if that's not putting it too crudely. (which also points back to how high the demand is for "adoptable" babies in the US...but that's another topic.)

Last edited by kaykay; 05-01-2009 at 10:35 AM..

Old 05-01-2009, 10:35 AM

So you are going record as saying abortion is a supply-and-demand issue, and not a moral issue?

Old 05-01-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
So you are going record as saying abortion is a supply-and-demand issue, and not a moral issue?
No, but it does point out that there other options for unwanted pregnancies besides abortion.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
No, but it does point out that there other options for unwanted pregnancies besides abortion.
Options for 250,000,000 of them?

I'm not picking on you, kaykay. This is a challenge to everyone. If each fetus is precious and deserves life, those 250,000,000 should have been saved, and they would all be alive somewhere, presumably China. Is everyone OK with China having an additional quarter-billion people, in addition to those they already have?

I want people who look at abortion as a moral right-to-life issue to address the huge number of additonal people, poised to compete with us either economically or militarily, that would have been saved by the imposition of a global abortion policy that addressed the concerns of the moralist right-to-lifers.

Everyone keeps avoiding the issue. If you are a right-to-lifer, and you could turn back the clock, would you be in favor of China's population being 250-million larger than it is now, so as to save all those precious fetal lives?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Options for 250,000,000 of them?

I'm not picking on you, kaykay. This is a challenge to everyone. If each fetus is precious and deserves life, those 250,000,000 should have been saved, and they would all be alive somewhere, presumably China. Is everyone OK with China having an additional quarter-billion people, in addition to those they already have?

I want people who look at abortion as a moral right-to-life issue to address the huge number of additonal people, poised to compete with us either economically or militarily, that would have been saved by the imposition of a global abortion policy that addressed the concerns of the moralist right-to-lifers.

Everyone keeps avoiding the issue. If you are a right-to-lifer, and you could turn back the clock, would you be in favor of China's population being 250-million larger than it is now, so as to save all those precious fetal lives?
Well, let me say that as for me, I think whatever problems additional people causes, it represents a far lesser problem than the moral evil of having destroyed all these lives by abortion.

But in actuality, how many of these abortion may represent "repeat abortions?" What I'm saying is that had actual births been the result, it's possible that more care might be taken to avoid future pregnancies. Maybe not, but I think that is likely. If population were spiraling out of control without the option of abortion, I think the same thing might apply. People might be more serious about the number of children actually conceived if that makes any sense. We don't really know, but I think it's probably erroneous to assume that the the abortion statistics necessarily represent a totally accurate portrayal of what the actual birth rate would be if abortion were removed from the picture.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:08 AM

You're still trying to wiggle off the hook. OK, I'll give you 20% adjustment for what mighta-coulda-shoulda been. Still, 200-million. Should the Chinese fetuses all been saved or not?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:09 AM

160 posts, read 342,505 times
I like this abortion song

YouTube - adimw22 - Ali G - Abortion Song
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates