U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 03:34 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,514,836 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by rlchurch
Quote:
Well for one you could have recognized that I came down on the side of only letting women have a voice in the choice question because as you correctly point out, there are no pregnant men.
True, but it also unfair to see men only as sperm donors.
I mean even when a woman accidentally became pregnant this doesn't mean that the father could not provide for the child's upbringing.
The pregnant mother could give the child to the father and then break off the relation or get a divorce.

But I agree that in case of rape it is the pregnant woman who should decide if she wants to deliver the baby or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 05:20 AM

1,245 posts, read 1,228,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by rlchurch True, but it also unfair to see men only as sperm donors.
I mean even when a woman accidentally became pregnant this doesn't mean that the father could not provide for the child's upbringing.
The pregnant mother could give the child to the father and then break off the relation or get a divorce.

But I agree that in case of rape it is the pregnant woman who should decide if she wants to deliver the baby or not.
Its such a hard issue to figure out, because there is no real right answer. I mean should a woman have to go through the agony of child birth just because the man wants a child? So then its all up to the woman, but then a man should be denied his first born because the female fell out of love or had a change of heart? its a double edged sword. But really I think it should be the woman's choice, its her body.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by nickeldude
Quote:
I mean should a woman have to go through the agony of child birth just because the man wants a child?
The point is to determine if the pregnant woman is against having children or just doesn't wanna go through labour.
If she simply doesn't want a family I see no reason why she shouldn't go through labour if the father is willing to raise the child.
In that case the father should have a say in the decision, which doesn't mean that it is solely up to the father.
I agree that it is the woman's body, but if the woman just doesn't want to start a family the father has the right to influence the mother in the decision making.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:35 AM

550 posts, read 1,070,891 times
Childbirth should only be allowed if both parts officially confirms they want to have the baby and the father has been confirmed with DNA testing imo. As I stated before, the planet is overcrowded, so there is no need for masses of children, why try to have them at any price?
If a woman wants a child she'll simply have to find a man who is willing to father one together with her, same goes for guys who wants children.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Niceguy89
Quote:
If a woman wants a child she'll simply have to find a man who is willing to father one together with her, same goes for guys who wants children.
The thing is that a father doesn't need a mother to raise a child, he only needs a mother to deliver the child.

Quote:
As I stated before, the planet is overcrowded, so there is no need for masses of children, why try to have them at any price?
I wouldn't call a loving father who is willing to raise a child on his own 'at any price'.
I agree that the world is overcrowded, but this doesn't mean that people should not have any children.
I guess 1 child per family (or single father/mother) is better than saying that some people aren't allowed to have children.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:46 AM

857 posts, read 1,228,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
Childbirth should only be allowed if both parts officially confirms they want to have the baby and the father has been confirmed with DNA testing imo. As I stated before, the planet is overcrowded, so there is no need for masses of children, why try to have them at any price?
I assume by parts you meant parents... So if the father does not want the baby the mother should be forced to abort it?? good luck getting that policy passed by any woman. and i agree about the world is over populated but that doesn't mean the only people conceiving children would have to both be willing to be parents. There are plenty of self-sufficient women who could raise children on their own and we have no reason to stop them.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
I assume by parts you meant parents... So if the father does not want the baby the mother should be forced to abort it?? good luck getting that policy passed by any woman. and i agree about the world is over populated but that doesn't mean the only people conceiving children would have to both be willing to be parents. There are plenty of self-sufficient women who could raise children on their own and we have no reason to stop them.

You did not grow up raising one of your parents while almost not having the other.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:02 AM

8,240 posts, read 14,894,928 times
Pro choice. I think that abortion is ultimately the woman's decision. Men who are anti choice have a very easy way to prevent abortions: only have sex with women who want children and with whom they want to have children. Isn't that easy???

Old 02-26-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Pro choice. I think that abortion is ultimately the woman's decision. Men who are anti choice have a very easy way to prevent abortions: only have sex with women who want children and with whom they want to have children. Isn't that easy???
It's alot harder when you find out too late that you accidently cut the condom with your fingernail in the dark and heat of the moment, she wants to have the baby she got pregnant with, and you can't do crap aout it.

So always make an abortion unless she wants it and he;
*After DNA tests have confirmed he is the biological father
*He has signed that he wants the baby and intends to raise it (or has agreed with the woman to adopt it away, and somebody has signed an agreement to do this)
*The fosterdiagnostics have been done without any indications of defects

Im pro unanimous positive choice.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:56 AM

8,240 posts, read 14,894,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
It's alot harder when you find out too late that you accidently cut the condom with your fingernail in the dark and heat of the moment, she wants to have the baby she got pregnant with, and you can't do crap aout it.

So always make an abortion unless she wants it and he;
*After DNA tests have confirmed he is the biological father
*He has signed that he wants the baby and intends to raise it (or has agreed with the woman to adopt it away, and somebody has signed an agreement to do this)
*The fosterdiagnostics have been done without any indications of defects

Im pro unanimous positive choice.
I'm prochoice ,too. My point is for men who are ANTI CHOICE....instead of protesting abortion clinics and marching, they should be out telling men not to have sex with women unless they want children with the woman they're sleeping with. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates