U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 08:33 PM

222 posts, read 540,342 times

Advertisements

I am Pro-Choice because I realize life is crazy and unpredictable, and bad stuff happens to good people, as well as mistakes are made. With that said, I don't think anyone should feel good about abortion and it should be a last resort. A friend once told me she knew a girl who had had four abortions. My response was that should be criminal.

There's nothing worse than an unloved child anyhow. I'd rather the fetus is aborted before the kid grows up to be a criminal or troubled person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 09:33 PM

1,779 posts, read 2,038,518 times
With that logic alot of kids innocent potential lives are lost...if you dont want to be a parent then dont have sex...if you have sex and dont want the baby...give it up for adoption, that way it at least has a chance.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:40 PM

530 posts, read 568,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
With that logic alot of kids innocent potential lives are lost...if you dont want to be a parent then dont have sex...if you have sex and dont want the baby...give it up for adoption, that way it at least has a chance.
That may work nice in your fairytale world, but here in reality, it doesn't.. and all those children in foster care that aren't adopted? you gonna pay for them?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:49 PM

So here is my question...why dont we stop the adoption of children in other countries when our country has so many? I think adoption outside this country should be illegal if you live here. People need to realize the responsibility that comes with our choices...if you kill someone...you will be punished...if you quit your job it looks bad...if you have sex...YOU MIGHT GET PREGNANT. If you dont want to get pregnant DON'T HAVE SEX...ITS THAT SIMPLE...OR TRY USING PROTECTION...BUT REALIZE THAT BY HAVING SEX AND USING PROTECTION YOU CAN STILL GET PREGNANT...SO DEAL WITH IT...

Old 06-04-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
So here is my question...why dont we stop the adoption of children in other countries when our country has so many? I think adoption outside this country should be illegal if you live here. People need to realize the responsibility that comes with our choices...if you kill someone...you will be punished...if you quit your job it looks bad...if you have sex...YOU MIGHT GET PREGNANT. If you dont want to get pregnant DON'T HAVE SEX...ITS THAT SIMPLE...OR TRY USING PROTECTION...BUT REALIZE THAT BY HAVING SEX AND USING PROTECTION YOU CAN STILL GET PREGNANT...SO DEAL WITH IT...
Why do you think people go to other countries to adopt? Ever tried adoption in america, the time, cost and involovement just to sit around waiting for something that may never happen. It is a long difficult process my friend. We need some adoption reform , but that will not solve all the problem especially when you look at the rise in numbers if you FORCED ( against their will, i might add) people to have UNWANTED childern. There are conciquences to everything. Have you ever speed when driving? you could kill some like that too. Ever had a drink and drove? Ever done drugs? People do alot of things they know better than to do , and there is also consiquence for abotion on the mother, mentally and physically. You can not force your level of morality onto other people. It's really that simple. Have you ever had sex, in which you didn't intend on a child? We all have. To say other wise is a outright lie.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Why do you think people go to other countries to adopt? Ever tried adoption in america, the time, cost and involovement just to sit around waiting for something that may never happen. It is a long difficult process my friend. We need some adoption reform , but that will not solve all the problem especially when you look at the rise in numbers if you FORCED ( against their will, i might add) people to have UNWANTED childern. There are conciquences to everything. Have you ever speed when driving? you could kill some like that too. Ever had a drink and drove? Ever done drugs? People do alot of things they know better than to do , and there is also consiquence for abotion on the mother, mentally and physically. You can not force your level of morality onto other people. It's really that simple. Have you ever had sex, in which you didn't intend on a child? We all have. To say other wise is a outright lie.
Actually I knowingly accept that if I have sex that I might get a girl pregnant...if you want the numbers of abandoned children to drop then we need to make consequences real...by allowing abortion we allow the freedom from such responsibilities...To answer your other questions...NO i have never drank and drove, I do not speed, I will not say that i have not done drugs...I have but i knew the consequences of my actions and what they could lead to...People want all the freedom from responsibility these days...So, if you dont want to have a kid, and still want to have sex...use protection...use double protection...but still realize that you could get pregnant...and dont blame alcohal for your actions either..that is a copout....

Old 06-05-2009, 06:03 AM

I find it very hard to believe that you have never acted in a way that you would now set here and condemn. We all have done things in our past that we are not proud of now. People who live in high crime areas are more likely to have a crime happen to them, but in your theory, thet are getting what they deserve, even if they could do no better. You would choose to FORCE your veiws on others, rather than admit there is not always a simple answer. When you start allowing the government to tell you what you can/can't do with your body this is a dark path that most would not like to go down. I wish that every prenancy ended in the happy ever after,that you like to think exist, but here in the real world, thats just not the case. We all agree that abortion needs to be reduced and education needs to be increased, i'm even for free condoms and birth control. But there are still cases where it is going to happen. When you start allowing exceptions to the absolute, then you muddy the waters of your own debate. How many more woman do you think would yell rape, if they thought they had to, or would seek it out anyway( there will always be someone willing to do it). Also what makes a" child conceived from rape" less important than one "conceived from careless sex". "Murder" is "murder" and you can't say well, that one is ok to "murder" or it allows man to become judge and jury on someone they don't know and who in your opinion has the same rights as me. The great thing about america is those with a voice, get a vote. We can all sit here and say I'm right/ your wrong til we are blue in the face, it is not likely to change either sides views. Just remember when you are on the side of the view who would like to see civil liberties taken away at will, it could be you next.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:44 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,582,235 times
I will never have an abortion and I am not about to tell anyone they cannot.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:12 AM

Let's start men castrating men at puberty after a sperm sample is taken ( for future childern) , and see how well that goes over. Personally, to me that sounds like a reasonable solution to abortion. If men can't have sex then there is no chance of accidental pregnancy. OK, all you men who want to tell me what to do/don't with my body, my turn. LINE UP! See how it feels when you have your rights taken away! Ouch!

Old 06-05-2009, 09:34 AM

So here is a question...say two people consent to sexual intercourse. They do the deed and the girl gets pregnant. The girl decides to get an abortion...but the guy wants to keep the baby? How is this right? If one of the people are wanting the child and one doesnt whos is to say who gets what. Just becasue its the womens body she gets to choose? So the man is punished even more so then the woman.

Ok, so you know what...your right. It is murder to either way. I also agree that some people should not have kids...so abortion isnt right in my opinion, however...I think that the government should allow access to the pill after each sexual act...that way at least they dont have to wait for a heart beat. You have to admit that has to be a hard fact for anyone to deal with unless you have not got heart yourself.

You do realize that they cant do an abortion until there is a heartbeat? There has to be another way that stops the birth before the heart begins to beat.

I am only against it becasue it has happed to me. Yes, i have been in the same situation we are discussing...The girl in question decided that she didnt want the child...I DID WANT THE CHILD...I went with her to all her apointments and at one of them there was a heartbeat...the "doctor" said that they could do an abortion but it had to be done soon. Her parents forced her to get the abortion denying my rights as the father to that child. I broke up with her a few weeks later...I could not bare the sight of her...

You have to see it from both sides...I have...Where were my rights when they decided to do this? Yeah, you keep hearing people say all this junk about how prednancy is hard and blah...blah..blah...there are numerous things in life that are harder to deal with than pregnancy...Yes it is the womans body...but the life growing inside of her is not only her responsibility.

SO abortion...fine let it be legal. But please find a way to do it before the heart develops and allow both parties to have the right to make that dicision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates