U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 10:55 AM

750 posts, read 2,446,064 times

Advertisements

Heres my take on it. Its the womans choice, its not my business. the person who has to carry the baby in her body has the decision as to whether they want to do so, the person who has to feed, clothe, and raise the child makes the decision, not me. Its a personel choice, not a choice to be made by the masses. I had one in 1982 and while it wasnt an easy decision, it was mine to make, no one elses.

My peeve is all the people who speak out about abortion, let me ask you....are YOU willing to adopt an un wanted child? Put your money where your mouth is and be part of the solution. How dare you tell a woman what to do with her body and her life when you are not willing to step up to the plate yourself? There are thousands of unwanted children already, waiting to have homes.....so the adoption argument holds no water with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 02:14 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigansnowflake View Post
My peeve is all the people who speak out about abortion, let me ask you....are YOU willing to adopt an un wanted child.
Yes.

And have.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:06 PM

341 posts, read 342,794 times
Quote:
Heres my take on it. Its the womans choice, its not my business. the person who has to carry the baby in her body has the decision as to whether they want to do so, the person who has to feed, clothe, and raise the child makes the decision, not me. Its a personel choice, not a choice to be made by the masses. I had one in 1982 and while it wasnt an easy decision, it was mine to make, no one elses.

My peeve is all the people who speak out about abortion, let me ask you....are YOU willing to adopt an un wanted child? Put your money where your mouth is and be part of the solution. How dare you tell a woman what to do with her body and her life when you are not willing to step up to the plate yourself? There are thousands of unwanted children already, waiting to have homes.....so the adoption argument holds no water with me.

Agreed.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:12 PM

341 posts, read 342,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serena nisha sattar View Post
I don't think people have the right to be discriminating towards these people that have had abortions. It may not be the right thing to do for many across the world, but it is legal and used by many as a solution to the problem they are dealing with. A reason for an abortion? Maybe you were sexually molested by your daddy or brothers and ended up pregnant. Maybe you were raped by a person and ended up pregnant. I understand why these people have abortions.

Yep. I know MANY ladies that ab. for these very reasons. People are ignorant to what is really going on..and the pain and suffering women are subject to so often...the silent shame.

I have a friend who was raped from the ages of 4 to 13..and wound up pregnant..by her 1/2 brother. She had no idea what was going on with her body..and her 1/2 brother was threatening her to have an abortion. She had an illegal one @ 26 weeks and watched the abortionist take her baby girl and place her on a counter to die in front of her while she was passing in and out of consciousness.

I have another friend who was drugged @ a party @ a young age and gang raped by several guys. She had an ab. and still struggles with the depression everyday..for something that wasn't even her fault. Her MIL calls her trash for having had one. As though she is marked.

One of my friends was raped by her own father from 10 until 17. In BRUTAL ways.

The majority of abs. may not be listed as rape etc. But how in the world does anyone even know the statistics? Many of my friends were pressured, threatened, and coerced into their abortions. Some were being SEVERELY beaten by the ab. father.

I'm a lucky enough person that people open up to me. I can only imagine what I DON'T know. Thank goodness that I DO know the reality of the mounds of women who have had to go thru with an abortion, including myself. It helps to keep me on the opposite side of the ignorance spectrum. When you gain knowledge..you gain power. The power to be compassionate.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:21 PM

1,779 posts, read 2,037,515 times
There will always be a valid reason for abortion.
I have a great idea that would teach and force people to be responsible. Make it so that the only people that can get an abortion are:

• the woman will die or the baby will be ill if born
  • Who are forced into sexual intercourse
  • Those that used protection
That only leave those that are not responsible and those that want children. Now you can say that there are many children who are then lost in the foster system, yes that is true that is why the laws need to be changes so that it is not so impossible to adopt a child. Why should someone have to pay thousands of dollars to adopt a kid? They are not buying a car and will have to pay to support this child the rest of their lives.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:07 AM

530 posts, read 568,292 times
Quote:

No they don't want to adopt them, they don't want to talk about other ways to prevent them , they just want to set up on their soap boxes and scream to the masses it's wrong, it's wrong. Guess it makes them feel like a better person or something. Many pro- choice people have come up with alternatives but no one wants to hear them because it's easier to point the finger at the "bad" person than it is to commonly look for a solution. But hey, that's life.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes.

And have.
And are you willing to adopt "49 million" more? Where you goona house them? How you gonna feed them? How you gonna pay for them? I have an idea...after we force people to have unwanted childern, then lets force all those pro- lifers to adopt one and raise it, and oh by the way with out help from the government and also, they will be stopping by every month for a mandatory visit to make sure you raise it to their standards. See the road we could go down when you take personal rights away.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
There will always be a valid reason for abortion.
I have a great idea that would teach and force people to be responsible. Make it so that the only people that can get an abortion are:

• the woman will die or the baby will be ill if born
  • Who are forced into sexual intercourse
  • Those that used protection
That only leave those that are not responsible and those that want children. Now you can say that there are many children who are then lost in the foster system, yes that is true that is why the laws need to be changes so that it is not so impossible to adopt a child. Why should someone have to pay thousands of dollars to adopt a kid? They are not buying a car and will have to pay to support this child the rest of their lives.
Hey, i have a better idea, mind your own business about why a woman has one. That sounds better to me and while we are at it you need to talk to someone about this rage/ hate you seem to have against women. You have stated many times on this thread and others, views ,that from the outside look to be hate/rage against them. Statements like the word WH*re, trashy, sleeping around, irresponsible, ect. If this offends you maybe you should go back and read your post as if they were someone elses. I understand that once upon a time you were wronged by a woman and so now you think all of them are the same, but we are not and you can not lump all of women kind into that category. There are plenty of women out there who have been wronged by men as well( some of them do the same). Get over it, it's part of life. No one ever promised it would be easy or fair. You have to work on you and let others work on them. Just a little hint calling a woman a Wh*RE will get you no where with women!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:57 AM

1,779 posts, read 2,037,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
Hey, i have a better idea, mind your own business about why a woman has one. That sounds better to me and while we are at it you need to talk to someone about this rage/ hate you seem to have against women. You have stated many times on this thread and others, views ,that from the outside look to be hate/rage against them. Statements like the word WH*re, trashy, sleeping around, irresponsible, ect. If this offends you maybe you should go back and read your post as if they were someone elses.
I do not think it is only women who are this way, many men as well. But men do not have the choice to get an abortion yet do they? Nope, the only choice they had was to have sex, and if you dont think that compared to men, women are more sexually active, you are wrong from the experience I have.

Quote:
I understand that once upon a time you were wronged by a woman and so now you think all of them are the same, but we are not and you can not lump all of women kind into that category. There are plenty of women out there who have been wronged by men as well( some of them do the same). Get over it, it's part of life. No one ever promised it would be easy or fair. You have to work on you and let others work on them. Just a little hint calling a woman a Wh*RE will get you no where with women!
Wow, could not have said what you said in Bold better. LIFE ISNT FAIR AND STUFF HAPPENS, HOW YOU DEAL WITH THAT STUFF WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER OR WORSE PERSON.

By offering abortions to everyone who wants one without any real long lasting repercussions we offer them an escape from reality that if you have sex things can happen. Just as if you where to cut off a limb it would have long lasting repercussions. Sexual education is a joke these days.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
I do not think it is only women who are this way, many men as well. But men do not have the choice to get an abortion yet do they? Nope, the only choice they had was to have sex, and if you dont think that compared to men, women are more sexually active, you are wrong from the experience I have.

Wow, could not have said what you said in Bold better. LIFE ISNT FAIR AND STUFF HAPPENS, HOW YOU DEAL WITH THAT STUFF WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER OR WORSE PERSON.

By offering abortions to everyone who wants one without any real long lasting repercussions we offer them an escape from reality that if you have sex things can happen. Just as if you where to cut off a limb it would have long lasting repercussions. Sexual education is a joke these days.
Really and who are all these morally corrupt women sleeping with? Let me guess, men. It actually statnds to reason that men and women are having sex at about the same rate as that it take TWO people to have sex. You don't think there are consequences to having unprotected sex besides abortion, how about hiv/ aids, hep. clymidia, genital warts...etc. BUt lets make all thosee people deal with aids and bring a child into this world that has it to because, that's more responsible. I' am not too sure how old you are but one day when you grow up, i hope your a little more opened minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates