U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 11:38 AM

857 posts, read 1,228,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
You did not grow up raising one of your parents while almost not having the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 11:58 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,557,510 times
I will never have one. I do not have the right plumbing. I will not presume to tell anyone with the correct plumbing what they are to do with it.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:54 AM

857 posts, read 1,228,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I will never have one. I do not have the right plumbing. I will not presume to tell anyone with the correct plumbing what they are to do with it.

whoa whoa whoa slow down with all the technical jargon there Mr. Science

But seriously am I the only one who thinks its ridiculous to not promote stem cell research here in America?? Use aborted fetuses to find cures for diseases that the living are still dealing with. Its morally comparable to using the organs of a dead person in a transplant.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:25 AM

79 posts, read 190,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
whoa whoa whoa slow down with all the technical jargon there Mr. Science

But seriously am I the only one who thinks its ridiculous to not promote stem cell research here in America?? Use aborted fetuses to find cures for diseases that the living are still dealing with. Its morally comparable to using the organs of a dead person in a transplant.
I would like to add that we could then stop using animals in research... Stem cell research results would be more valid, obviously, and countless amounts of living feeling non-consenting animals could be spared subjects of painful research experiments. Just my 2 cents. Oh yea, I am 100% PRO CHOICE BABY!

Last edited by kellieann; 02-28-2009 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add all my thoughts

Old 02-28-2009, 01:21 PM

8,221 posts, read 10,949,170 times
I too am Pro-choice. but with care, education and good communication hopefully unwanted pregnancies can be avoided. It is a hard process on a woman and is best avoided with caution. And no i don't buy the line of ...stop having sex..... that won't happen, its fun, get over it. people will always seek out that. for women, know most men will say I love you in order to have sex.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:29 PM

12,842 posts, read 24,478,691 times
Hey, no shortage of women who want to have sex, in love or not.
Prochoice all the way here, for myself and for the legal/medical system.
For those who call themselves "pro-life," I wonder if they mean for themselves, or also for rules and laws against others' choice.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:29 PM

253 posts, read 686,418 times
Default tough call

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESFP View Post
My "pro-choice" is that I am "pro-life". I think there's no difference in stopping a 3-week old unborn's life or a 2 year-old's. Both are a heck of an inconvience, but both are alive. However, since abortion is legal (Roe v. Wade 1973) I will accept it. It's just not for me. Glad my Mother felt the same way.
I dont believe in abortions, and like this poster, im glad my mama didnt belive in them either, she had me at 19, as alot of moms did back when, married young, kids came fast.

im a firm beleiver in birth control and talkiing to your kids about safe sex. accidents happen, yes, but in todays world, there should be alot less accidents when birth control is no longer a secret, let alone proper use of it. have all the sex you want....but dont have one abortion after another cuz you messed up.
same for rape....i know its hard to think about raising a child of rape...but same for all the "accidents" out there, there is lots of people who cant have a child and would give yours lots of love, but on that note....ya cant kill off a child cuz you was raped, its not the childs fault...they didnt do this to you, same as someone who likes to sleep around without a care...that child didnt ask for you to be stupid, why should that child pay for it with their lives???
for everyone out there that sees no wrong with abortions, just remember, your mama could have had one,,, and you wouldnt be here to debate it then. be gratefull for life, it was given to us generously.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:34 PM

253 posts, read 686,418 times
Default what???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I too am Pro-choice. but with care, education and good communication hopefully unwanted pregnancies can be avoided. It is a hard process on a woman and is best avoided with caution. And no i don't buy the line of ...stop having sex..... that won't happen, its fun, get over it. people will always seek out that. for women, know most men will say I love you in order to have sex.
NO way.....men say "i love you" just to get in your pants??? crap....i knew 14 yrs ago my hubby was up to something when he told me he loved me.....and i feel for it!!!.\
seriously thou, by now, woman know this already, sad to say, but lets not forget...woman can play her hand to snag a man to....we are all capapble of it, sadly.
but this is a good point to bring up to our kids as they reach age of sex, so they know not to fall for it, my daughter and older son are 13 and 14, and we have already told them about these famous lines. less teen pregnancies and abortions if we all talked to our kids more, sure beats them learning it from their stupid friends on the bus.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:38 PM

1,525 posts, read 3,294,246 times
Pro choice for the law.

Pro life for any child I father.

I believe life begins at conception, however the mother has to suffer the consequences of the pregnancy.

Personally I believe the unborn child has a right to life, liberty, pursuit of happiness and that it begins at conception.

Discussions about conception via rape, etc. I'll leave out for now.

Bottom line, as an agnostic that believes largely in science, a "human" to me starts when a viable set of chromosomes exists, and thus rights must begin at that point, not some other arbitrary point. However there is also a need to balance those rights against those of the mother. And of course, that's where it gets tricky.

So for the moment I stay "pro-choice for law, but pro-life in my heart".

Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,698,822 times
abortion is a necessary thing the world would have like 10 billion people if it weren't for abortion. who's going to pay for all those unwanted kids the church. don't think so..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates