U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 09:30 PM

15,592 posts, read 14,581,618 times

Advertisements

Pro Choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 09:45 PM

530 posts, read 565,315 times
[quote=allah truth;9454193]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
To this i'll ask you, how do you know the wishes of the unborn? How can you! (the wishes of any living thing is to live.)You can't, so how do you pretend to speak for them. There are many reasons, alot of which are medical for someone to have an abortion. What about rape,(the choice to have sex wasn't made so I guess it's arguable) incest,( disgusting but killing the result is just as obscene) or danger to the mother.(this is the only situation I can actually support abotion for) What kind of society do we live in where the life of a fetus trumps the life of everyone else? (any life shouldn't trump another) Thinking people won't have sex is like living in a bubble surrounded by pins, possible, but very unlikely.(the sex isn't the issue. Understanding what it does, taking responsible precautions, and being ready to deal with it is.) It's not really a realistic view and is more likely the reason alot of teenagers get pregnant, because the can't talk to their parents about sex. (no, it's mostly the hormones.)
The wishes of every living thing isn't to live otherwise why do so many people commit sucide? You would force a young woman who got pregnant from incest(which is rape in my opinion) to carry a child to remind her of that...wow, shows how sympathetic you are. Also due to genetic defects, wouldn't be very sympethic to the fetus either. Thank you for admitting that a fetus' rights should not trump a womans. I think everyone knows how babies are made, it isn't a big secret, and if your teenager doen't know that babies are a result of sex, that is a failure on the parents part for not sitting down and having that talk with your child. My daughter is 10 she ask and i sat her down and explained it. Hormones do play a great role in it, but refusing the reality of it and preparing children with birth control is the root of it. No child should raise another child. No person should be forced to raise a child when they aren't capable, and if they think they aren't, they aren't!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:55 PM

613 posts, read 1,149,570 times
[quote=trmihall01;9454450][quote=allah truth;9454193]
The wishes of every living thing isn't to live otherwise why do so many people commit sucide? (people don't commit suicide because they don't want to live, but because they feel they can't live comfortably) would force a young woman who got pregnant from incest(which is rape in my opinion)(in most cases) to carry a child to remind her of that...wow,(what if she consented or even made the first move) shows how sympathetic you are. Also due to genetic defects, wouldn't be very sympethic to the fetus either.(some people with those genetic defects live very happy lives.) Thank you for admitting that a fetus' rights should not trump a womans. I think everyone knows how babies are made, it isn't a big secret, and if your teenager doen't know that babies are a result of sex, that is a failure on the parents part for not sitting down and having that talk with your child.(no, the teenager would have to be disabled) My daughter is 10 she ask and i sat her down and explained it. Hormones do play a great role in it, but refusing the reality of it and preparing children with birth control is the root of it.(hormones are the root of everything in teenagers. Parenting does play a big role in stopping teen prenancy but it starts with teaching them self respect and responsibility before the sex talk.) No child should raise another child. No person should be forced to raise a child when they aren't capable, and if they think they aren't, they aren't! (I don't think anyone should be forced to raise a child. In fact I think most shouldn't be able to. I do believe however that the life of the child they chose to create shouldn't be taken because of the inconvienience of the incapable parents. There are ways out of raising a child.)

Old 06-25-2009, 06:32 PM

[quote=allah truth;9463786][quote=trmihall01;9454450]
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
The wishes of every living thing isn't to live otherwise why do so many people commit sucide? (people don't commit suicide because they don't want to live, but because they feel they can't live comfortably) would force a young woman who got pregnant from incest(which is rape in my opinion)(in most cases) to carry a child to remind her of that...wow,(what if she consented or even made the first move) shows how sympathetic you are. Also due to genetic defects, wouldn't be very sympethic to the fetus either.(some people with those genetic defects live very happy lives.) Thank you for admitting that a fetus' rights should not trump a womans. I think everyone knows how babies are made, it isn't a big secret, and if your teenager doen't know that babies are a result of sex, that is a failure on the parents part for not sitting down and having that talk with your child.(no, the teenager would have to be disabled) My daughter is 10 she ask and i sat her down and explained it. Hormones do play a great role in it, but refusing the reality of it and preparing children with birth control is the root of it.(hormones are the root of everything in teenagers. Parenting does play a big role in stopping teen prenancy but it starts with teaching them self respect and responsibility before the sex talk.) No child should raise another child. No person should be forced to raise a child when they aren't capable, and if they think they aren't, they aren't! (I don't think anyone should be forced to raise a child. In fact I think most shouldn't be able to. I do believe however that the life of the child they chose to create shouldn't be taken because of the inconvienience of the incapable parents. There are ways out of raising a child.)
And will you raise it? Will you sign up for a mandatory registery that forces you to take one or two or more of those children to raise? If you and others care so much about these fetus' before birth, you should be willing to spend your own money without help from the government to raise them. Also, imagine the litigation if you force someone to carry a child to term and in doing so the fetus kills the mother. Due you know the % of women who die in child birth? I'll bet you some pro- choice att. would just love to litigate that!

Old 06-26-2009, 01:43 AM

613 posts, read 1,149,570 times
[quote=trmihall01;9469460][quote=allah truth;9463786][quote=trmihall01;9454450]
And will you raise it?(maybe in a few years when I'm financially stable. I'm only 20. That's why I practice safe sex. ) Will you sign up for a mandatory registery that forces you to take one or two or more of those children to raise? (?...)If you and others care so much about these fetus' before birth, you should be willing to spend your own money without help from the government to raise them.(sure) Also, imagine the litigation if you force someone to carry a child to term and in doing so the fetus kills the mother.(if the mothers life would be put in serious risk by giving birth an abortion should be allowed in a hospital.) Due you know the % of women who die in child birth? (No I due not. Due you? What is it?) I'll bet you some pro- choice att. would just love to litigate that! (oh I'm sure. There are many many more abortions being done then women dying from birth. Some pro life dude can litigate that.)

Old 06-26-2009, 05:23 AM

1,244 posts, read 2,424,777 times
I'm pro-life but the thought of abortion becoming illegal terrifies me. I guess that kind of eliminates the point of pro-life but all the women bleeding to death in elevator shafts makes me horrified at the idea of making it illegal. Like, I don't think it's right, but if your going to do it at least get it done where it will be safe. Then again I wouldn't tell someone to go kill someone else in a controlled environment where they'll be safe, but if the options are two people die or one person then clearly less deaths are better. I've never known any body that didn't regret it though. I feel like the demand is so high for adopting newborns in America though why would you need to have one (unless it was medical)?

International Adoption Rate in U.S. Doubled in the 1990s

by Allison Tarmann
(January 2003) The United States adopts more children from abroad than any other country. The number of foreign children adopted by U.S. parents has increased sharply, and nearly doubled during the 1990s (see Figure 1). At just over 20,000 in Fiscal Year 2002 — less than 5 percent of legal immigrants — international adoptees add relatively little to national population growth, but they contribute to the United States' racial and ethnic diversity and links to foreign countries. And because many adopted children come from a different racial or ethnic background than their American parents, they contribute to the blurring of racial and ethnic boundaries.

Figure 1
Number of International Adoptions by U.S. Parents, Fiscal Years 1989-2002

Note: Parts may not sum to 100 due to rounding.
Source: U.S. State Department, "Immigrant Visas Issued to Orphans Coming to the U.S." (Welcome to Travel.State.Gov orphan_numbers.html, accessed Nov. 12, 2002).

One reason for the rise of international adoptions is the dwindling supply of adoptable children within the United States.1 Increased access to contraception, the availability of legal abortion, decreases in the teen birth rate, and reduced social stigma surrounding unmarried parenting are among the reasons that there are fewer U.S.-born children available for adoption. Some demographers also point to the postponement of marriage and childbearing as fueling the demand for adopted children. Women in their 30s or 40s are more likely to encounter problems getting pregnant and carrying a pregnancy to term than younger women, and some turn to adoption to have the child they want.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:05 PM

5,018 posts, read 5,452,291 times
Pro-choice. Like many Norwegians, I guess.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
I'm pro-life but the thought of abortion becoming illegal terrifies me. I guess that kind of eliminates the point of pro-life but all the women bleeding to death in elevator shafts makes me horrified at the idea of making it illegal. Like, I don't think it's right, but if your going to do it at least get it done where it will be safe. Then again I wouldn't tell someone to go kill someone else in a controlled environment where they'll be safe, but if the options are two people die or one person then clearly less deaths are better. I've never known any body that didn't regret it though. I feel like the demand is so high for adopting newborns in America though why would you need to have one (unless it was medical)?

International Adoption Rate in U.S. Doubled in the 1990s

by Allison Tarmann
(January 2003) The United States adopts more children from abroad than any other country. The number of foreign children adopted by U.S. parents has increased sharply, and nearly doubled during the 1990s (see Figure 1). At just over 20,000 in Fiscal Year 2002 less than 5 percent of legal immigrants international adoptees add relatively little to national population growth, but they contribute to the United States' racial and ethnic diversity and links to foreign countries. And because many adopted children come from a different racial or ethnic background than their American parents, they contribute to the blurring of racial and ethnic boundaries.

Figure 1
Number of International Adoptions by U.S. Parents, Fiscal Years 1989-2002

Note: Parts may not sum to 100 due to rounding.
Source: U.S. State Department, "Immigrant Visas Issued to Orphans Coming to the U.S." (Welcome to Travel.State.Gov orphan_numbers.html, accessed Nov. 12, 2002).

One reason for the rise of international adoptions is the dwindling supply of adoptable children within the United States.1 Increased access to contraception, the availability of legal abortion, decreases in the teen birth rate, and reduced social stigma surrounding unmarried parenting are among the reasons that there are fewer U.S.-born children available for adoption. Some demographers also point to the postponement of marriage and childbearing as fueling the demand for adopted children. Women in their 30s or 40s are more likely to encounter problems getting pregnant and carrying a pregnancy to term than younger women, and some turn to adoption to have the child they want.
Have you ever tried to adopt in the us? The reason most don't is the red tape and yrs of crap they must endure. Also there are tons of children in foster care, just not alot of newborns, but children over age 6 thousands. If people really wanted to adopt american children they could, after yrs of homestudies and red tape, but most likely a 10 or ^ one. No one seems to understand that making it illegal won't stop it, just make it twice as hard for someone who is too poor already.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:23 PM

[quote=allah truth;9474787][quote=trmihall01;9469460][quote=allah truth;9463786]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
And will you raise it?(maybe in a few years when I'm financially stable. I'm only 20. That's why I practice safe sex. ) Will you sign up for a mandatory registery that forces you to take one or two or more of those children to raise? (?...)If you and others care so much about these fetus' before birth, you should be willing to spend your own money without help from the government to raise them.(sure) Also, imagine the litigation if you force someone to carry a child to term and in doing so the fetus kills the mother.(if the mothers life would be put in serious risk by giving birth an abortion should be allowed in a hospital.) Due you know the % of women who die in child birth? (No I due not. Due you? What is it?) I'll bet you some pro- choice att. would just love to litigate that! (oh I'm sure. There are many many more abortions being done then women dying from birth. Some pro life dude can litigate that.)
Even that dear isn't fool proof! I'm saying that as a pro- choice person i shouldn't have to pay to raise these 800,000 children a year if abortion becomes illegal. Also the number of women who die a yr during child birth according to the cdc 20,000. Factor in that if abortion becomes illegal you can factor in another 800,000 birth a yr. So imagine another 10,000 or so, all of who's family can find an attorney to sue the federal government, once again who's paying for it? The tax payers. If you believe that abortion is ok if the mothers life is @ risk, then whats the difference. Abortion is abortion no matter the reason. So a sick mothers rights outweigh a fetus' and a healthy mothers? Where's the logic in that?

Old 06-27-2009, 10:30 AM

711 posts, read 1,813,358 times
The post about being pro-life but making illegal abortions "terrifies you."

Got an illegal abortion in a back alley from the neighborhood crack dealer turned abortionist and now you're bleeding to death? Good riddance, I'm going to eat a sandwich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates