U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 12:47 PM

530 posts, read 568,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJohnston_STL View Post
The post about being pro-life but making illegal abortions "terrifies you."

Got an illegal abortion in a back alley from the neighborhood crack dealer turned abortionist and now you're bleeding to death? Good riddance, I'm going to eat a sandwich.
What a backwards and arrogant statement. Shows how little you actually care about human life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 12:25 AM

13,756 posts, read 18,420,342 times
I'm pro-choice.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:38 PM

341 posts, read 343,585 times
I found out I was pregnant at barely 4 weeks gestation. Due to the medical circumstances, I felt it was best to make a decision right then and there...it was already going to be hard enough and something I was so against...never in a million years did I think I was going to be in a medical situation where there was a risk to my unborn fetus due to several vaccines and pills. I always figured I would accidentally get pregnant before marriage, at a bad time, and just have my baby.

Well, just to let you all know..the ab. clinic told me I had to wait until 6 weeks so that the "blood clot is in a perfect position". That was horrific to me. I wanted to strangle the woman thru the phone and couldn't believe I would have to carry my precious angel and know what I was about to have to do...later on I found out I could have just gone with a medical..but unfortunately I was working and had no off days and couldn't afford to be bleeding and cramping/miscarrying in agony at work..I had a super evil boss.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:17 PM

420 posts, read 297,877 times
I fully support abortions. I also have no problem carrying one out if I had to.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:54 PM

141 posts, read 243,126 times
On the topic of adoption vs abortion. I don't understand why so many people think adoption is the caring option. Maybe if you knew for a fact that the child was being taken by parents, but the US adoption system is a big mess.

I have to wonder why so many pro-life people who advocate adoption over abortion don't consider adopting one of these kids in the system. Especially a disabled kid, who may not have ever been given a chance to have a family.

I'm curious.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:35 AM

530 posts, read 568,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaomao View Post
On the topic of adoption vs abortion. I don't understand why so many people think adoption is the caring option. Maybe if you knew for a fact that the child was being taken by parents, but the US adoption system is a big mess.

I have to wonder why so many pro-life people who advocate adoption over abortion don't consider adopting one of these kids in the system. Especially a disabled kid, who may not have ever been given a chance to have a family.

I'm curious.
Because they don't care after the kid id born, that's not their problem. Their goal is the birth of the fetus. Whatever mess happens after that...oh well. Also no one wants to admit it but there are currently 1.3 million families waiting to adopt( a new born, no one wants a damaged child ) in the US. There are 800,000 avg abortions a year so at that rate it would only take two yrs and there would be no one else wanting to adopt. Then what? What do we do with the other 800,000 unwanted children a yr? That seems to be something no one wants to discuss. Because the truth is, they don't have a solution. If they did there would be no kids in foster homes or homeless on the street. They don't care what happens afterward their only blindsided goal is to get them here. I think better to have a plan than just to wait and see......Oh well, guess some people just don't get it!

Old 07-04-2009, 12:40 PM

12,850 posts, read 24,511,901 times
Healthy white infants are easily adopted in America. The "adoption system" that is a disaster is the "adoption from foster care system" of kids who have been removed from so-called "parents."
Anyway, I say again and again, one's opinion of abortion is of interest for a discussion. What I worry about is how that person will vote or send contributions or do something about the legality of abortion *for everyone*.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:47 AM

20 posts, read 28,265 times
I'm a woman and i'm a 100% pro-life, i personally think that child is a gift. One of my close friend had an abortion when she was a teenager, she said to me that she would do evertyhing to undo it. It just doesn't make sense, why would you get rid of you own child,your own blood ?
Some people say that it's about woman's right to control her life, but what about that unborn child's right to life ?
Remember that it's not your right to take someone's life especially your own child

Old 11-17-2009, 09:25 AM

2,637 posts, read 3,884,570 times
the day I can become pregnant, is the day I will have a stand on abortion.---and It won't be a call for a vote neither. I do as I please, when I please. It's called Freedom.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:03 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,939,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
the day I can become pregnant, is the day I will have a stand on abortion.---and It won't be a call for a vote neither. I do as I please, when I please. It's called Freedom.
Absolutely.

If it were men not women who got preg there wouldn't even BE a "Right to Life" anti-abortion movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates