U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 03:27 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,247,284 times

Advertisements

I'll go with pro-choice; however. . .

I want that choice to be financially reliable on the person who makes that choice ~ NOT the tax-payer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 04:10 PM

32,227 posts, read 49,778,003 times
Pro-choice !! Unwanted pregnancies happend.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:38 PM

2,756 posts, read 5,175,913 times
What a woman does with her own body is her own damn business. And I'm not a liberal, either. Politically, I'm an Independant, and idealogically I'm fairly conservative. But while there is no easy, pat answer to the abortion question, I just feel the mother has more rights in regards to how something as drastic as having a child would affect her life than does an unborn, unthinking, unrereasoning fetus.
That being said, I support Pro Choice with these caveats:
1) Women under 18 must have parental or legal guardian's permission.
2) 48-hour waiting time on receiving abortion procedure, after counseling with docs and counselors on options and effects.
3) Abortions to be performed in 1st trimester only, except of course where mother's life is endangered.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:07 PM

2,383 posts, read 5,329,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
I'll go with pro-choice; however. . .

I want that choice to be financially reliable on the person who makes that choice ~ NOT the tax-payer!
AGREE!!! That being said, those that choose not to abort and to carry a child to full-term, should not be dependent upon taxpayers!

Old 11-18-2009, 02:15 AM

744 posts, read 1,033,967 times
I have not read through this entire thread but wanted to say, we are all here because our mothers chose life. We should always be greatful for that and wonder what the world would be if they did not. The choice should be made before a sexual encounter not after a missed period.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:28 PM

5,651 posts, read 6,421,759 times
I support it.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:05 AM

13,452 posts, read 13,603,513 times
pro-choice

Old 11-19-2009, 06:44 AM

5,748 posts, read 10,347,978 times
Pro-choice

Old 11-19-2009, 12:32 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,624,007 times
Unfortunately, what other people do is not my business. I don't care whether my neighbor puts a big dreidle in their front yard, or a red blow up homer simpson santa, or a kwanzaa... um... whatever it is people do for kwanzaa. Their beliefs is their business, whether those beliefs are religious or about abortion.

If I was pro-choice, that is my business. If I was pro-life... also my business. I don't need to push my beliefs on others. Who do these pro-lifers and pro-choicers think they are? (I'm talking about the ones that lead protests, bomb abortion clinics, etc) Keep it to yourself and go on with your life.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:16 PM

4,037 posts, read 7,725,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
What a woman does with her own body is her own damn business. And I'm not a liberal, either. Politically, I'm an Independant, and idealogically I'm fairly conservative. But while there is no easy, pat answer to the abortion question, I just feel the mother has more rights in regards to how something as drastic as having a child would affect her life than does an unborn, unthinking, unrereasoning fetus.
That being said, I support Pro Choice with these caveats:
1) Women under 18 must have parental or legal guardian's permission.
2) 48-hour waiting time on receiving abortion procedure, after counseling with docs and counselors on options and effects.
3) Abortions to be performed in 1st trimester only, except of course where mother's life is endangered.
See I agree and disagree to a point. I say that it isn't about the woman's body. There is a life inside her and terminating that life shouldn't be put on the same level as having a tattoo removed or getting her hair cut. So it's not about the woman's body it stopped being about her body when she became pregnant intended or not. I think there are circumstances where terminating the pregnancy is the best option particularly when health is concerned. But I will admit to getting a little up in arms when someone talks about it being a woman's body no it's a living thing inside the woman so it's not her body it's their body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates