Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:13 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times

Advertisements

Well, it was a bit too silly to buy into. Although, the first things that came to mind for me was Chenney, and the old guy that shot the kids that were pegging his McCain sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 08:37 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Well, it was a bit too silly to buy into. Although, the first things that came to mind for me was Cheney
Well, he did come after the Vice President with a duck

Old 02-25-2009, 08:54 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,920 times
Something else that was not mentioned is that Executive Orders only apply to those who are employees of the federal government, and subordinate to the POTUS. These executive orders do not apply to most American citizens. If that weren't the case, why would we bother to have a three branch government? Decrees of the King are not applicable in our system of government, no matter how much some would like them to be.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:38 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
Something else that was not mentioned is that Executive Orders only apply to those who are employees of the federal government, and subordinate to the POTUS. These executive orders do not apply to most American citizens. If that weren't the case, why would we bother to have a three branch government? Decrees of the King are not applicable in our system of government, no matter how much some would like them to be.
Yes. But this is "great debates" which is nearly as bad as "political" at times.
Facts are meaningless silly things.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:05 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Well, just for the record, Obama was one of the people who helped get rid of the D.C. firearm ban, I kinda hate to say this, but.... the NRA is leary of anyone who is a Democrat. Obama is not anti-firearms, dang rumor mongers!

Old 02-26-2009, 09:37 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Well, just for the record, Obama was one of the people who helped get rid of the D.C. firearm ban, I kinda hate to say this, but.... the NRA is leary of anyone who is a Democrat. Obama is not anti-firearms, dang rumor mongers!
I hate to break it to you but the NRA (along with AARP) are one of the truly non-party aligned PAC's....it what makes them so successful.

They are issues driven.

Check out this NRA link talking about upcoming Senate races...note that they don't even ID WHAT PARTY the candidate is...just their position on gun ownership etc.
NRA-ILA :: Elect A Second Amendment Safe Senate (http://www.nraila.org/Issues/Articles/Read.aspx?ID=148 - broken link)

Old 02-26-2009, 12:37 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Darn - I thought I'd have to go set up the mini-gun in the back of the old wagon just to prove us old geezers still have a bit of kick left.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:36 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,414,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Yes he is.
How exactly did he help get rid of the DC gun ban?
The only remotely pro gun thing he ever did was sign on to protect gun ownership following a natural disaster. In his state that he represented as a senator a mere citizen simply cannot get a permit to carry, one of only two such states in the union. Obama is anti gun, period.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:54 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
It is very much like driving. Your reflexes deterioriate as you get older. That is why people over a certain age need to be tested on a regular basis to see if they still possess the skills necessary to either drive safely, or own a gun.

I am 60. Yes, I favor restrictions based on performance/testing for older adults.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:05 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
In Obamas and his courts minds we are all but simple minded subjects that need the enlightenment offered by the glowing and ethereal new "leader". How can we NOT be swayed by his assurances that he has no desire to see us disarmed? He supports our "hunting rights". Why do they always say how hunting is a "right". Having arms is a "right". Hunting is a privelege. Why do the gun haters always bring up "sporting purposes"? The right to bear arms has NOTHING to do with "sports" of any kind. Why do the weapons we can own have to be defined by their "suitability for sporting purposes"? First the semi autos were defined as "assault weapons" next, bolt actions will be defined as "long range sniper weapons", then lever and slide actions will be defined as "manually operated assault weapons", then ALL shotguns will be deemed to be "mass projectile launchers" following this .22 rimfires will be labeled as "assault weapon training devices" and on down the list , finally, air rifles and pellet/BB guns will be named as "recoiless projectile launchers". None of these being suitable for "sporting purposes" of course.. Obama and his adoring fans need to realize that we are an armed nation and leave it at that. Instead they hide in closed sessions dreaming up terms that make firearms ownership seem insidious and evil. They just can't stand the fact that we, the unenlightened people, have access to arms. Why do we honest citizens who exercise our rights under the Constitution bother them so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates