U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-02-2009, 01:11 PM
 
177 posts, read 641,923 times
Reputation: 101

Advertisements

Some sources in the US Census say that the percent is 73%, others say 76%, and others say 80%. It's so confusing!

What is the actual/current percentage of White Americans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-02-2009, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Washington DC
5,915 posts, read 7,263,481 times
Reputation: 948
Why does it matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2009, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Denver 'burbs
21,873 posts, read 23,184,239 times
Reputation: 37276
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Why does it matter?
You beat me to it - who the heck cares?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2009, 01:59 PM
 
7,099 posts, read 24,518,274 times
Reputation: 7302
Do you mean 100% white, as in AngloSaxon white, no asian, african or latino blood?? Because if you do, I would think the percentage would be much lower?

Would you include anyone that's 90% white? Even though everyone else considers them whatever the remaining 10% is?

What I am getting at is that if someone that is 90% black is considered black, then why isn't someone that's 90% white considered white?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2009, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Barrington
45,985 posts, read 34,128,699 times
Reputation: 15359
Here's a souce that says it's 66%:

Distribution of the U.S. Population by Race/Ethnicity, 2007 - Kaiser Slides

Why does this matter to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2009, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,560,432 times
Reputation: 10490
It seems that he's 'dreaming' about something that may not actually exist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2009, 04:33 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh but I'm ready to relocate......
727 posts, read 1,689,056 times
Reputation: 398
90% of posts on CD is race related......gosh....get over it already!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Denver 'burbs
21,873 posts, read 23,184,239 times
Reputation: 37276
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
90% of posts on CD is race related......gosh....get over it already!!
Wow - I must be missing a lot then. I see it but certainly not to that extent. I'm just mainly hanging out in the 10% that don't care then...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2009, 04:54 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh but I'm ready to relocate......
727 posts, read 1,689,056 times
Reputation: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Wow - I must be missing a lot then. I see it but certainly not to that extent. I'm just mainly hanging out in the 10% that don't care then...
I was clearly exaggerating!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2009, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,020 posts, read 25,592,462 times
Reputation: 11309
% of droolable female population would be of much better use for many of us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top