U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 12:08 PM

4,179 posts, read 9,116,890 times

Advertisements

Simple answer - never be alone with anyone not your wife or long-time girlfriend. And never get so drunk or high that you think you are charming and attractive when you are not. Women who prey on men look for those whom they can easily make a fool of, and whom others will believe that they are just stupid enough, just careless enough, and just selfish and spoiled enough to rape a woman for what they want.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:27 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,755,932 times
The problem I have on the subject is this:
Laws seem to favor women. What I mean is that as soon as a woman makes an accusation, in some instances the guy is immediately arrested. DAs tend to immediately portray the guy as guilty and the media seems to do the same.

Now, if you look closely in cases shown in the media, if the woman ends up making a false accusation, she is the portrayed as someone that have been abused, she has mental problems, etc. and ends up getting sympathy and people start thinking of someone that needs help, not punishment for making such accusations and the guy in most cases ended up paying lawyers, explaining himself to the media and generally getting zero restitution for the false accusation.

What if a woman accuses a man of rape a year ago? All evidence is gone. Usually they still try to the guy. It is a point of her word against his yet the DAs push for prosecution.
This seems to be one of those subjects that people do not want to look like they do not care. Women organizations like NOW have very strong political voice and any politician that may not do anything about it has to face some ugly political pressures including the media.

That's just the way it is. With that in mind, some men do take extra precautions to avoid finding themselves in those situations.

You have a great day.
El Amigo

Old 03-16-2009, 01:08 PM

78 posts, read 196,983 times
hmm... false accusations in order to achieve one's own objectives? Is that anything like accusing a country of having WMD in order to wage a war against them? Surely not! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Part of the problem is that you rarely hear of anyone being made an example of when it is revealed that the accusations were false. Especially in the high profile cases where the false accuser should really be made an example of. It's a media circus when the false accusation is made but then nobody really covers the repercussions to the woman so as to dissuade anyone else from attempting it, let alone to recover the reputation of the falsely accused.

For instance we were deluged with the case of the Duke students accused of rape. What happened with the stripper - excuse me, "exotic dancer" in the case when it was discovered that her accusations were fake? Where's Al Sharpton decrying her actions with same fervor as he did the students when they were falsely accused of rape?

I think it goes without saying that such false accusations harm everyone, especially real victims of these horrible types of crimes that have to work that much harder to prove their case.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:11 PM

8,181 posts, read 16,158,422 times
If you change the title to "What do you think of ANYONE that makes false accusations" then you might get better answers.

ANYBODY who falsely accuses ANYBODY of a crime should be sued for libel.

The people that do this make it harder for real victims of real crimes to be believed.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:16 PM

3,486 posts, read 4,939,282 times
Barring rare cases of mental illness which may cause one's priorities to become totally skewed, a woman has NOTHING to gain by making a false rape accusation -- NOTHING. I don't know what woman would enjoy having the defense attorney put her on the stand and call her a **** for weeks on end. Coming out about rape can easily cost a woman her job (there is nothing illegal in firing someone for being raped or coming forward with the accusation), subject her to a deluge of death threats, ruin her relationship, and make her an object of ostracism in her family and social circle. Moreover, there is absolutely no pecuniary gain from a successful rape prosecution. In fact, rape is UNDER-reported, precisely because many rape victims don't want to ruin their lives even further by sticking their necks out. And when they do stick their necks out, rapists often go free anyway.

Ultimately, people who claim to be "concerned" about a supposedly high number of rape accusations are, in reality, rape apologists, who define the crime so extremely narrowly, that virtually no sexual assault can be considered rape. (See, for example, how South Dakota Senator Bill Napoli defines rape: "A real-life description to me would be a rape victim, brutally raped, savaged. The girl was a virgin. She was religious. She planned on saving her virginity until she was married. She was brutalized and raped, sodomized as bad as you can possibly make it, and is impregnated. I mean, that girl could be so messed up, physically and psychologically, that carrying that child could very well threaten her life." So according to Senator Napoli, if a religious virgin is "brutalized, raped and sodomized as bad as you can possibly make it", but doesn't get pregnant, it's not rape -- and if she comes forward with an accusation, it's false and she is a liar and belongs in jail.) Given that in other threads, the OP claimed that women are to blame for everything bad in society, and that women are also to blame for domestic violence against them (in fact, he seemed to suggest that domestic violence victims in fact victimize their beaters by forcing them to be violent in response to provocation), I have no doubt that he belongs in that school of thought that claims there is no rape and that rape victims are all sluts who had it coming.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:09 PM

177 posts, read 626,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
So, how is a man to protect himself from these predatory women?
Simple, don't date anyone and don't give anybody a chance. The enemy could do anything to hurt a man.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:16 PM

177 posts, read 626,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
If you change the title to "What do you think of ANYONE that makes false accusations" then you might get better answers.

ANYBODY who falsely accuses ANYBODY of a crime should be sued for libel.

The people that do this make it harder for real victims of real crimes to be believed.
I'm pointing it at the women because they're the overwhelming majority of false claimers out there.

I personally think if they make a false rape claim, they should get life or capital punishment.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:32 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,716,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
Simple, don't date anyone and don't give anybody a chance. The enemy could do anything to hurt a man.

....that's not a solution. Men and women need each other--generally speaking. Women are not men's enemies. Men are not women's enemies.

A realistic solution is needed. Does anyone have any ideas?

Old 03-16-2009, 06:37 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
re a recent poll, women lie 70% of the time on a regular basis.
the poll on men was lower but i wonder if the women were more honest.
people lie a great deal. sex is used greatly as a weapon by women.
guys can no longer afford to be hormone driven.
we must evolve, some have already-- which is making a whole lota women angry, they call them names, like passive aggressive, they are not ---just getting smarter.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:22 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,716,763 times
Phuey...the best defense seems to be to open, honest, sober, and gentle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or