Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by dcashley
Quote:
So, how is a man to protect himself from these predatory women?
By thinking with your brains instead of your d*ck?

Which is kinda impossible when you're horny.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:40 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,753,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
Quite a touch subject, but here it is. Women have a long history of making false rape accusations on men just because they were angry or for no apparent reason. The man's reputation is ruined probably for life.

These types of women give other women a bad reputation. It left me to believe that all women do this.

What do you think of women who make false rape accusations?
Same thing I think about anyone who lies in order to get someone else in trouble with the law.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:23 PM

6 posts, read 12,314 times
hi i have a question? my son is a senior, he has attended this school for 13yrs. he was recently accused for making pelvic thrust movements to a student teacher, he has several witness stating he didnt do it, to one that is unknown that said he did.. he was sent to the office (upset) because of what was said and was accompanied by the Principal, Assistant Principal and student teacher and at a point before it got heated he asked to call his mother because he fight uncomfortable from the threats and comments and was denied he attempted to walk out of the office to call his mom and was told if he touched the phone they would call the police.. so he feared calling his mother. the second attempted to ask and wantiing to leave the principal forces him which he indicated he just laid his hand on his shoulder but it was more to it than just that.. my son said they were laughing at him and stated they have the authority to say and do what they wanted and even keep him from graduating.. He was upset and was trying to explain to them and ask them why are they doing this his LIFE (career) college acceptance and scholarships were lying in there hands and this was important to him. His GPA 3.3 and he is an active and bright young male and is well like by many. They called me and explain that my son was out of control which he wasnt (yes he was loud) in the background still asking why or they doing this and that he hadnt done anything.. the ending results were he was suspended for 5 days and is not allowed to attend his senior trip (double punishment i think) and was told to me and my son tht if he does anything I MEAN ANYTHING else he wouldnt be allowed to graduate..IS THAT FAIR? i called the board of education and spoke with the director and he told me that the Principal had the (authority) (and this is the word you used most of the conversation)to do what ever he wanted to do. he had the authority to put his hands on my son and aldo not allow him to call his mom... I feel little heres my son that has worked hard to get where he is at and has earned it DEARLY.. and heres someone that can just take it all away from me and him all he has to do is say the word and poof its done.. Its a PARENTS DREAM to see her child especially in these days in time to see her child walk across the stage and receive his DIPLOMA.. and also he looked forward to his senior trip most of the kids do when they become seniors to go on there senior trip to Disney World/Universal Studios.. my daughter gradutated from there last year and went and now he want get the chance.. what can i do.. ?

Old 03-18-2009, 10:51 AM

3,196 posts, read 5,394,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hremeca View Post
hi i have a question? my son is a senior, he has attended this school for 13yrs. he was recently accused for making pelvic thrust movements to a student teacher, he has several witness stating he didnt do it, to one that is unknown that said he did.. he was sent to the office (upset) because of what was said and was accompanied by the Principal, Assistant Principal and student teacher and at a point before it got heated he asked to call his mother because he fight uncomfortable from the threats and comments and was denied he attempted to walk out of the office to call his mom and was told if he touched the phone they would call the police.. so he feared calling his mother. the second attempted to ask and wantiing to leave the principal forces him which he indicated he just laid his hand on his shoulder but it was more to it than just that.. my son said they were laughing at him and stated they have the authority to say and do what they wanted and even keep him from graduating.. He was upset and was trying to explain to them and ask them why are they doing this his LIFE (career) college acceptance and scholarships were lying in there hands and this was important to him. His GPA 3.3 and he is an active and bright young male and is well like by many. They called me and explain that my son was out of control which he wasnt (yes he was loud) in the background still asking why or they doing this and that he hadnt done anything.. the ending results were he was suspended for 5 days and is not allowed to attend his senior trip (double punishment i think) and was told to me and my son tht if he does anything I MEAN ANYTHING else he wouldnt be allowed to graduate..IS THAT FAIR? i called the board of education and spoke with the director and he told me that the Principal had the (authority) (and this is the word you used most of the conversation)to do what ever he wanted to do. he had the authority to put his hands on my son and aldo not allow him to call his mom... I feel little heres my son that has worked hard to get where he is at and has earned it DEARLY.. and heres someone that can just take it all away from me and him all he has to do is say the word and poof its done.. Its a PARENTS DREAM to see her child especially in these days in time to see her child walk across the stage and receive his DIPLOMA.. and also he looked forward to his senior trip most of the kids do when they become seniors to go on there senior trip to Disney World/Universal Studios.. my daughter gradutated from there last year and went and now he want get the chance.. what can i do.. ?
This is important: Make sure your son knows you love him and beleive him. Make sure his dad and other siblings do too. IMPORTANT....

Then, make an appointment with an educational psychologist (an educational social worker would be better--but they are very hard to find). May sure the psychologist does not work for the school. YOU go to see him first. Explain that your son's sense of self confidence needs immediate encouragement. Listen to what the guy says, and THEN make an appointment and take your son to him. Explain to your son that you are NOT taking him there because he needs psychological help. You are taking him there so he (your son) can learn some new skills on how to cope with the morons at school. Explain that he will run into morons throughout his life and that you (mom) need some help in teaching him some of the coping skills. DO NOT let any other siblings, friends, or especially his friends know what you are doing....keep it absolutely secret. If word got out in the school that he was going to a shrink it would be worse for him than not going at all.

I am guessing 2 visits to the psychologist would be all he needs. This will help him -- and he needs to be able to express his anger ---appropriately.

I hope all turns out ok.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:00 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Take care of your son by reassuring him that he did nothing wrong. Keep quiet until graduation. Then sue the bastards! Filing criminal charges (check with a lawyer) might also be appropriate. Tyrants have to be put down where ever they surface.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Take care of your son by reassuring him that he did nothing wrong. Keep quiet until graduation. Then sue the bastards! Filing criminal charges (check with a lawyer) might also be appropriate. Tyrants have to be put down where ever they surface.
If you rant about it too much around your son, you run the risk of teaching him that the right way to deal with morons is through expressions of anger. Sure, anger is important--but there is much more for your son to learn from this encounter with morons.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:52 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Ruining someone's reputation is serious. Someone falsely accused and then exonerated will always have that doubt cast on him.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Ruining someone's reputation is serious. Someone falsely accused and then exonerated will always have that doubt cast on him.

That's true--however, in this context there is something more important than teaching the morons to think before they act. What is more important is the child. The lady's son's development and maturation into an adult--one who can recognize and deal with morons without getting violent, and without getting burning mad, is much more important than the school bureaucrats who can't think for themselves.

Go after the school bureaucrats if you want to --- but the emotions and the maturity of the kid are far more important.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:52 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,127 times
Women making false rape accusastions are few and far between, and if they are caught there are generally severe consequences.

What I find a bigger problem is women who make false sexual harrasment or gender discrimination claims. Certainly both of those do exist, but there are also tons of false complaints made against undesirable coworkers or as leverage for unwarranted promotions.

Since that is more of a civil matter and or private sector policy, the standard of proof is much lower than for a rape case. Much, much easier to ruin someone on a false sexual harrasment claim than it is to do on a false rape allegation. Even if they're caught, there usually aren't any penalties for filing bogus or false sexual harrasment or gender discrimination claims.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Women making false rape accusastions are few and far between, and if they are caught there are generally severe consequences.

What I find a bigger problem is women who make false sexual harrasment or gender discrimination claims. Certainly both of those do exist, but there are also tons of false complaints made against undesirable coworkers or as leverage for unwarranted promotions.

Since that is more of a civil matter and or private sector policy, the standard of proof is much lower than for a rape case. Much, much easier to ruin someone on a false sexual harrasment claim than it is to do on a false rape allegation. Even if they're caught, there usually aren't any penalties for filing bogus or false sexual harrasment or gender discrimination claims.
I was the victim of a false harrassment charge..It was awful, I ended up needing psychiatric treatment because of it. After it was proven that I was guiltless, the firm I was working for fired her and sued her for defamation and the costs her lies incurred. She ened up losing her house, her car, her furniture. I ended up with a long term sense of anguish---by the way--I got none of the money from the lawsuit. It all went to the firms lawyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates