Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 07:47 PM

177 posts, read 706,018 times

Advertisements

Quite a touch subject, but here it is. Women have a long history of making false rape accusations on men just because they were angry or for no apparent reason. The man's reputation is ruined probably for life.

These types of women give other women a bad reputation. It left me to believe that all women do this.

What do you think of women who make false rape accusations?

Old 03-14-2009, 07:57 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,603,599 times
I believe that not all women do this, but the women who do - do it all the time.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:04 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I say sue them for liable;if tehy don't prove the case.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:42 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,223,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
Quite a touch subject, but here it is. Women have a long history of making false rape accusations on men just because they were angry or for no apparent reason. The man's reputation is ruined probably for life.

These types of women give other women a bad reputation. It left me to believe that all women do this.

What is touchy about it? There is nothing ok about a false accusation.
They should be prosecuted. However, if they retract statements and the prosecutor withholds or suppresses evidence and continues then the prosecutor should be held accountable as well.

Its pretty cut and dry.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:02 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,683,581 times
The same as I think of anyone, man or woman, who makes false accusations. They should be held accountable for the damage that they cause, even prosecuted.

I have never falsely accused anyone of anything; instead, I have been falsely accused a number of times for a number of different things. The most severe was a false accusation of child abuse that took three years and a lawsuit (which got two social workers fired and a judge disrobed) to clear my name. I find liars the most reprehensible form of life on the planet, and do not tolerate them; will do anything, go to any lengths, to expose them. Even my kids knew they could step out of line and just get a talking to or a removal of privileges; but if they lied I would knock the he** out of them. As Mama always said, "Anyone who'll lie, will cheat. Anyone who'll cheat, will kill." Lying is the first step down the road to complete loss of conscience.

Some men lie. Some women lie. But not all do.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:59 PM

668 posts, read 2,186,102 times
My opinion doesnt count! If a woman says I did something, even though nothing happened, then I am screwed every which way including Sundays!

Thats why I never am around women, unless there is someone else there, because I will never be accused of something I didnt do....But, if I did, well, I deserve everything I get. (And, I would have the wrath of my Wife, and that would be worse than death!!).

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 03-14-2009, 10:34 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
The problem is that if you give people the power to make accusations and treat the accuser of being 100% right, and the accused being guilty before the "Formality" of a trail. That leads to a ton of abuse by anyone who has the desire.

Rape especially is one of those where if the accusation is made the person is already considered guilty, and just waiting for people to take them to jail...and say the accuser doesn't make the case many will think it's a travesty of justice. I am all for going after rapists, I think they get off too light in sentencing...but I've seen people's lives ruined for just that accusation.

I remember an instance where there was a news report on soldier who was accused of it, and due to it he was kicked out of the military and his apartment (refused to renew the lease) because of the accusation. Even though the accusation was completely false and thrown out, he was in the Persian Gulf at the time (and quite a bit of time around it), it didn't matter to the military or the people around him.

Last edited by subsound; 03-14-2009 at 10:50 PM..

Old 03-14-2009, 10:45 PM

706 posts, read 3,762,817 times
Falsely accusing anybody of anything which can result in his or her physical, mental or emotional injury, loss of freedom and/or ruin the person's reputation is fugged up, period.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:38 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
That women who make false accusations aren't in the same league as men who rape women & children.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:55 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post

I'll never understand why anyone would give that type of person the power to turn one person against everyone.

Quote:
They suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I believe that not all women do this, but the women who do - do it all the time.
You can count on that. How many times they get away with it is up to the accused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I say sue them for liable;if tehy don't prove the case.
I don't understand why more people don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
That women who make false accusations aren't in the same league as men who rape women & children.
Yah, if "all women do this" then there are a hell of a lot of innocent men in jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates