U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 07:05 AM

1,383 posts, read 2,066,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
It isn't any different than calling a black person a n-----
Truth be known neither group feels any real pain at these utterances. Other than contrived. The proper response to having one directed at you should be surprise because it is just so rare. I guess "I am angry in an historical context" might be OK. But hardly soul piercing.

Last edited by robertjohnson; 11-21-2009 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: lost an e
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 07:14 AM

1,383 posts, read 2,066,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
I don't ever use racial slurs because they can offend and hurt ppl. However if someone chooses to its their right.
Not according to some hate crime laws coming our way. It will be a federal crime.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:27 AM

2,424 posts, read 1,815,498 times
Now we have hate police?

Old 11-21-2009, 07:58 AM

2,637 posts, read 3,884,570 times
Correct me here if I'm wrong, but isn't name calling supposed to hurt peoples feelings? That's why I do it, when I do it. to hurt someones feelings. to insult them, to try to make them start a fight, so I can defend myself, and put some hurt on them. that is the idea anyhow, even if it doesn't always work out in my favor.---there is no point in calling names, if it makes a person feel good, is there?---I'm not saying it is right, just saying what it is.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:13 AM

2,637 posts, read 3,884,570 times
Guys like this don't help either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DVKfOQRCSc

Old 11-21-2009, 10:38 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,653,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Now we have hate police?
Lord help us when we can be arrested for hating the New York Yankees.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:14 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,954,590 times
I just can't believe that this thread is still going, it started so long ago.

But yes there is a double standards and it's a full time job keeping up with what different people want to be called. Blacks are no longer black. Midgets are now "little people", hell even the garbage man isn't the garbage man anymore.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:49 PM

3,408 posts, read 3,464,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
I just can't believe that this thread is still going, it started so long ago.

But yes there is a double standards and it's a full time job keeping up with what different people want to be called. Blacks are no longer black. Midgets are now "little people", hell even the garbage man isn't the garbage man anymore.

Then please enlighten us on what blacks are, if they are no longer black. In all your wisdom, I would truely like to know.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:11 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,653,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Then please enlighten us on what blacks are, if they are no longer black. In all your wisdom, I would truely like to know.
I think they're African Americans, but then I don't subscribe to the latest PC update bulletins, so I'm not sure. I have acquaintances who do, and I could ask them, but they would probably tell me that I need to enroll in sensitivity training classes, because my case is too hopeless to be reprogrammed by a simple one-word answer.

I'm still trying to figure out the logic that said Ross Perot cannot be president, because he thinks it is OK to use the pronoun "you" to refer to the people you are talking to.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:20 PM

3,408 posts, read 3,464,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I think they're African Americans, but then I don't subscribe to the latest PC update bulletins, so I'm not sure. I have acquaintances who do, and I could ask them, but they would probably tell me that I need to enroll in sensitivity training classes, because my case is too hopeless to be reprogrammed by a simple one-word answer.

I'm still trying to figure out the logic that said Ross Perot cannot be president, because he thinks it is OK to use the pronoun "you" to refer to the people you are talking to.
Well, I will tell you, that even my 6 and 7 year old will tell you that you must be a fool if you think they are african american. They will tell you, they have never been to Africa, and neither have their parents or grand parents. etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates