U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2009, 05:45 PM

11,425 posts, read 16,659,834 times

Advertisements

I'll take the yummy cow but then I've never had a dolphin steak, I thinks canned tuna was better before they stopped adding the dolphin so maybe dolphin is really good.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 02:48 PM

13,341 posts, read 10,902,291 times
I like a good top sirloin as well as anyone, but I'm not to keen on eating Flipper. Lol, I guess if I was hungry and thats what was going to keep me alive I could do it, but I've come to think that Dolphins are borderline sentient. Now Mahi, thats some good stuff. Ono is even better. Ive been up close with Dolphins in Hawaii, the Spinners, and they were just TO cool. Couldn't look at them as food. They just seemed so....knowing. Call me silly but it looked that way to me. I'd rather be buddies with the Dolphins.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:15 PM

509 posts, read 1,044,111 times
I was kinda surprised to find out that whale and dolphin (porpoise) meat was red meat. I guess I just considered them as fish meat like tuna but they are mammals descended from land animals.
While I have never tasted marine mammal meat, iIm sure it has a distinctive flavor.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:37 PM

2,776 posts, read 6,965,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Uhh, dolphin is the fish, not the mammal. Read "Old Man and the Sea" sometime.
Actually there is the dolphin, fish: *The mahi-mahi (in Hawaiian)[1] (Coryphaena hippurus) and the dolphin, mammal **Dolphins are marine mammals that are closely related to whales and porpoises. There are almost forty species of dolphin in seventeen genera. The family Delphinidae is the largest in the Cetacea.

I imagine dolphin, the mammal, is a dark meat like beef.

*Wikipedia:Mahi-mahi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
**Wikipedia; Dolphin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-23-2009, 05:40 PM

5,273 posts, read 11,907,338 times
Well, since the dolphin I eat is blended in to my can of tuna (along with discarded medical waste and mercury), it's hard to tell.

So I think I'll stick with cow for now.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,627 times
"Well, Cow, naturally. I couldn't eat a dolphin. Dolphins are smart. Cows are not as smart as dolphins, therefore, cows are easier to eat." ==> I could never train a dog like you. Because you are an idiot. You are not as smart as dogs, therefore, dogs are easier to train than you."When I see a steak, I don't see "Dead Cow." I think, "mmm delicious steak." However, when I see a dolphin served up for dinner, I think, "Oh, how sad." Shouldn't they be the same level of sad? " ==>When I see an idiot like you, I see " a complete fool." I think, "mmm, what a moron." However, when I see a cute untrained dog, I think, "Oh, how cute, it would be so awesome to train a dog like that."

Old 02-08-2010, 11:38 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Quote:
"Well, Cow, naturally. I couldn't eat a dolphin. Dolphins are smart.
The sponge is certainly one of the stupidest animals on earth. Bon appetite. Would you like ketchup on your sponge?

I've eaten whale, but I did not detect any of the intelligent overtones in its flavor. I think I have probably eaten dolphin, but where or when I can't specifically remember. Whale is not bad, it's a fairly tasty red meat, and not overly tough, but there is no marbling because there are no fat layers within the fleshy part of the body.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:45 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,013,914 times
I liie both the fish and the steak. Overall I would pick the steak and I like red snapper much better than both.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:45 PM

2,005 posts, read 5,122,446 times
I'm too cheap to try some obscure, hard to find protein like dolphin. If you can't find it at the grocery, I'm not interested quite honestly.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:40 PM

408 posts, read 610,042 times
i'll need to actually try dolphin before I'll make a decision, besides if it was THAT tasty, it would be eaten more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or