U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 11:05 AM

6,952 posts, read 8,878,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
It takes a seriously disturbed individual to desire to mate with his own offspring. No matter how nice it (the relationship) seems, it's still something that would require a major mental defect for any father to engage in such heinous activity. This is Oedipus but with the opposite sexes. I find no real harm in two cousins getting it on if it's consensual (though it's nasty), but for a father to have sex with his daughter is seriously disturbing and wrong. Freud says that children live to please their parents, so a father is abusing his power by allowing his daughter to take the place of her mother. That man should be like a good father and nurture his daughter without thinking with his pen|s for a moment. She may be hot, but she's still his child, someone who he changed the diapers of...that's not disturbing to you?
I find the daughter more disturbed than the dad, honestly. I can see dad looking at his daughter, who probably looks just like her mom at the same age, and getting all dumbass gaga in love with her like a lot of grieving people do...although they normally fall for someone outside the family. How the daughter can look at her dad that way, suddenly starting as an adult, is just bizarro to me. Of course, if he HAS been making the moves on her all her life she's just responding to what she's been raised with, and it's understandable in that sense -- a lot of these child molesters treat one daughter as the "second wife." Dad is by far the sicker of the two, in that case, although she definitely still needs an overhaul herself.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:13 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,518,646 times
Originally Posted by Cliffie
Quote:
How the daughter can look at her dad that way, suddenly starting as an adult, is just bizarro to me.
She could be guilt tripped into the whole affair, especially when she is a real daddy's girl.

Men who prey upon the weakness of women can be real manipulative and it is only logical that a father knows his daughter best since he knew her from birth.
He probably knew which psychological button to push.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:35 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Nope, only in the states Massachusetts and Connecticut.
You are off topic totally. This is NOT A THREAD about Same Sex relationships.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Gay sex is legal in most states. Gay marriage may only be legal in MA and CT. There is a difference.
This thread IS NOT ABOUT SAME SEX MARRIAGE.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
but the op tried to spin it around by emphasizing that the sex was between a father and his adult daughter, 2 consenting adults.
I did not try to spin anything - the FACTS are exactly as I stated. The question remains - should the crime of incest be Prosecuted when the parties are two consenting adults -

Now, don't YOU try to spin this thread into something else

Old 03-23-2009, 12:21 PM

5,230 posts, read 7,321,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin KnockerOnly since 2003, yet it still is illogical to not accept gay marriage when the sex is between consenting adults and not illegal.
So approving incest between adults while still outlawing gay marriage is highly illogical since both cases involve consenting adults.
Show me a prosecution for it Tricky. I'm 43 & have never seen nor heard of a gay person being arrested for having sex.
Its against the law to spit on the sidewalk too.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:30 PM

5,230 posts, read 7,321,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I did not try to spin anything - the FACTS are exactly as I stated. The question remains - should the crime of incest be Prosecuted when the parties are two consenting adults -

Now, don't YOU try to spin this thread into something else

I c ontributed I supose if only by taking the bait. My apologies.

As asked I'd say no, it shouldn't be prosecuted.
As repulsive as it might be to most people adults are free to have consensual sex with other adults, period.
Mental health & ect. are beyond the scope of your topic & the expressed opinions so far regarding mental health are emotion based drivel.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:46 PM

65,150 posts, read 16,023,404 times
What I don't understand is,if you don't think it's a problem,why are you bring up this subject? You are saying that your wife is a psychologist,then she would probably tell you. Don't you think? Why argue with people here in CDF?

Old 03-23-2009, 01:55 PM

8,567 posts, read 14,518,646 times
Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
This thread IS NOT ABOUT SAME SEX MARRIAGE.
Since you are the 1 who 1st brought up same sex relationships in post #12*(which include gay marriage) I don't see why I'm suddenly off topic.
Probably because you, as the thought police, don't like my arguments.
If ya wanna stop prosecuting incest on the basis of 2 consenting adults having sex without a pregnancy as a result, you automatically approve of same sex marriage.

FYI your arguments in post #1** also make a case for gay marriage.

Quote:
*There are even same sex relationships that I'm aware of
Quote:
**Are they hurting anyone? No. Yet, society will condemn them (if society found out).

Why should that be?

Originally Posted by Tin Knocker
Quote:
Show me a prosecution for it Tricky. I'm 43 & have never seen nor heard of a gay person being arrested for having sex.
Ah, the infamous if-I-never-heard-of-it-it-never-happened argument.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:29 PM

656 posts, read 951,687 times
I am absolutely repulsed by the though of incest (my stomach is churning as I write this) but, I do not think it should be criminally prosecuted. To his/her own. If they feel this way about each other fine by me - it's not as if I'll ever meet incestuous couples in the years to come (at least not in the place I live at currently).

Bleh.

I'll excuse myself so I can go puke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates