U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2009, 06:29 PM

3,651 posts, read 8,111,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
By coincidence, I just happened to read an interestring German quotation in a book---"Der schlechte Affe hasst seinen eigenen Geruch", which loosely translated, means that people tend to be most deeply offended by that which mirrors themselves. Not unlike "Methinks the lady protests too much".
Methinks that's pretty ridiculous. So if I'm offended by people biting the head off of bats and having them for lunch, that means deep down I really want to do it? uhh no, sorry, here's a copy of the home game and thanks for playing.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:44 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,523,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Methinks that's pretty ridiculous. So if I'm offended by people biting the head off of bats and having them for lunch, that means deep down I really want to do it? :
This is a widely-held psychoanalytic view, studied in greatest depth with respect to homosexuality:

""Psychoanalysts use the concept of repressed or latent homosexuality to explain the emotional malaise and irrational attitudes displayed by some individuals who feel guilty about their erotic interests and struggle to deny and repress homosexual impulses. In fact, West stated, 'when placed in a situation that threatens to excite their own unwanted homosexual thoughts, they overreact with panic or anger." Slaby ( 1994 ) contended that anxiety about homosexuality typically does not occur in individuals who are same-sex oriented, but it usually involves individuals who are ostensibly heterosexual and have difficulty integrating their homosexual feelings or activity. frontline: assault on gay america: the roots of homophobia: putting freud to the test

Every one of you who lividly foam at the mouth about incest would immediately trigger a suspicion in the mind of a psychoanalyst about your your own latent incestuous desires. Perhaps even fear of your own past being found out.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:58 PM

901 posts, read 2,610,229 times
Quote:
This is a widely-held psychoanalytic view, studied in greatest depth with respect to homosexuality:

""Psychoanalysts use the concept of repressed or latent homosexuality to explain the emotional malaise and irrational attitudes displayed by some individuals who feel guilty about their erotic interests and struggle to deny and repress homosexual impulses. In fact, West stated, 'when placed in a situation that threatens to excite their own unwanted homosexual thoughts, they overreact with panic or anger." Slaby ( 1994 ) contended that anxiety about homosexuality typically does not occur in individuals who are same-sex oriented, but it usually involves individuals who are ostensibly heterosexual and have difficulty integrating their homosexual feelings or activity. frontline: assault on gay america: the roots of homophobia: putting freud to the test

Every one of you who lividly foam at the mouth about incest would immediately trigger a suspicion in the mind of a psychoanalyst about your your own latent incestuous desires. Perhaps even fear of your own past being found out.
ROFLOL

Yes, those of us who think it is wrong for a father to have sex with his daughter secretely think it's great. This is priceless.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:11 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,523,609 times
You just red-flagged yourself, Sam82.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
You just red-flagged yourself, Sam82.
OK. Somehow if I have a son, I don't think that I will be having a relationship with him. Seriously, thanks for the entertainment. I really did lol when I read your post.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:16 PM

3,651 posts, read 8,111,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam82 View Post
ROFLOL

Yes, those of us who think it is wrong for a father to have sex with his daughter secretely think it's great. This is priceless.
Exactly.

I mean....you sicko!! You're just saying that because you have sexual fantasies of doing it with your daugher! Wait apparently we're talking about homosexuality now so it's probably your son! Psychoanalysts told me so! yadda yadda yadda!

Old 03-25-2009, 07:19 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
OK, OK -

This topic is emotional for some - and that is understandable.

But, let's not get into the back and for personal attack type "thingy" - OK?

We are having, IMHO, some excellent discussion and I'd hate to ruin that -

Thanks

Greatday

Old 03-25-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
Exactly.

I mean....you sicko!! You're just saying that because you have sexual fantasies of doing it with your daugher! Wait apparently we're talking about homosexuality now so it's probably your son! Psychoanalysts told me so! yadda yadda yadda!
Actually, I'm a woman. But I guess I'm still sick because I don't think that fathers (or mothers) should be having sex with their children.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
OK, OK -

This topic is emotional for some - and that is understandable.

But, let's not get into the back and for personal attack type "thingy" - OK?

We are having, IMHO, some excellent discussion and I'd hate to ruin that -

Thanks

Greatday
One more thing...I would also have a problem with a man who had sex with a child he adopted and raised. It's sick and once again an abuse of the parental relationship. I'm not sure if it would be illegal, but still disturbing to me.

BTW, you asked for opinions and you've received them. Did you honestly think that many people would think it's okay for a father to have sex with his daughter?

Old 03-25-2009, 08:09 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam82 View Post
BTW, you asked for opinions and you've received them. Did you honestly think that many people would think it's okay for a father to have sex with his daughter?
No, it did not cross my mind that anyone would say it was OK - My question was the prosecution of the parties involved - should they go to jail. Some here have said yes, they should go to jail - some said no - some said only the father (referencing the original post).

I have found it interesting though how opinions change with different parties - i.e. Brother / Sister etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates