Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 08:13 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
and now this has become a gay marriage thread

its lock time
No. But it is time to direct any additional conversation regarding gay marriage to a different thread, if someone wants to continue that conversation. I personally don't. I was simply explaining that he/she does not understand the laws.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:29 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,411,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker Nope, only in the states Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Homosexual sex is legal everywhere in the US. We are not discussing marriage.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:07 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
May I ask why you feel the father is "sick"?
I understood you to have said or hinted he is having sex with his daughter, that's why he is sick....

That is something a father Does NOT do...

A fathers children are not for his sexual pleasure...

Old 03-23-2009, 10:24 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker
Quote:
Homosexual sex is legal everywhere in the US. We are not discussing marriage.
Only since 2003, yet it still is illogical to not accept gay marriage when the sex is between consenting adults and not illegal.
So approving incest between adults while still outlawing gay marriage is highly illogical since both cases involve consenting adults.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:27 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Tin KnockerOnly since 2003, yet it still is illogical to not accept gay marriage when the sex is between consenting adults and not illegal.
So approving incest between adults while still outlawing gay marriage is highly illogical since both cases involve consenting adults.
I'm almost 100% sure incest is against the law in every state in the U.S.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:31 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,271 times
Default Incest between consenting adults

You can't really think that an adult involved in voluntary incest is a normal person?? How sick is that?? What the hell is the matter with the father you spoke of going out and finding a woman who is not his daughter? Is he getting some souped up high from having sex with his own child? God what is wrong with people.

My father "bothered" three of my four sisters that I know of and wouldn't get anywhere near me because I told on him. Instead of sex with me or trying to have sex with me, I got beaten...because I told and was trying to protect my younger sisters. Did my Mom know...I think so, I told her enough times. As a result of this, I have 3 messed up sisters and a fourth who moved all the way across country to get away from where we were raised.

This is sooooo wrong that it leaves me totally at a loss for any further comment.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:37 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok
Quote:
I'm almost 100% sure incest is against the law in every state in the U.S.
That may be so, but the op tried to spin it around by emphasizing that the sex was between a father and his adult daughter, 2 consenting adults.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times
There was a case just like this in Hillsdale, MI a few years ago, except the dad and his daughter already had 3 or 4 kids. CPS was called when someone found out, they found no abuse to the children and determined that no laws had been broken.

I really question the wisdom of having children with your own child, but otherwise -- well, consenting adults, etc. The thing is, I would suspect a sexual or sexualized relationship between the two of them BEFORE she was an adult, and if true that is a whole new ballpark -- definitely a crime, for good reasons. How else would the daughter overcome the normal bond with her father to have sex with him, unless he was grooming her from an earlier age? What I REALLY don't get it how they can imagine their wife/mother looking down on them from the afterlife with anything but horror and revulsion. How the hell could they live with themselves?

Old 03-23-2009, 10:51 AM

62 posts, read 173,808 times
Both of them are sick consenting adults or not how could they look at each other in that manner, I know they aren't the only ones who commit incest but give me a break this is crazy. Having a relationship with your own parent, the one who got your mom pregnant with you ohh my.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:55 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
May I ask why you feel the father is "sick"?
It takes a seriously disturbed individual to desire to mate with his own offspring. No matter how nice it (the relationship) seems, it's still something that would require a major mental defect for any father to engage in such heinous activity. This is Oedipus but with the opposite sexes. I find no real harm in two cousins getting it on if it's consensual (though it's nasty), but for a father to have sex with his daughter is seriously disturbing and wrong. Freud says that children live to please their parents, so a father is abusing his power by allowing his daughter to take the place of her mother. That man should be like a good father and nurture his daughter without thinking with his pen|s for a moment. She may be hot, but she's still his child, someone who he changed the diapers of...that's not disturbing to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates