U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2009, 08:46 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,042,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdreamer View Post
There are plenty of gay priests, but these men are carrying on secret affairs with other gay men. These are not the ones going after children.
And how would you know this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Exactly.

Gay = same-sex

Pedophilia = child

Completely different
Anybody ever heard of Mark Foley? The media really went after him for being a gay man chasing after young boys. Ooops? I thought that wasn't possible.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:53 AM

14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Anybody ever heard of Mark Foley? The media really went after him for being a gay man chasing after young boys. Ooops? I thought that wasn't possible.
It is possible but what you're not getting is that many true pedophiles do not have an adult sexual orientation at all. Once the children hit puberty, everything changes.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
It is possible but what you're not getting is that many true pedophiles do not have an adult sexual orientation at all. Once the children hit puberty, everything changes.
So why were the victims of the priests 95% boys? coincidence?

Old 03-28-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
So why were the victims of the priests 95% boys? coincidence?
Because they have more access to boys. The mere fact they may have a preference for young boys does not show that they are not also attracted to young girls and it most certainly doesn't show that they are not attracted to adult women.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation

"The distinction between a victim's gender and a perpetrator's sexual orientation is important because many child molesters don't really have an adult sexual orientation. They have never developed the capacity for mature sexual relationships with other adults, either men or women. Instead, their sexual attractions focus on children – boys, girls, or children of both sexes."

Ch 2 c PAEDOPHILIA AND HOMOSEXUALITY

"Another study showed that nearly half of the men convicted of sexually molesting boys were actually married at the time."
Interesting these "facts" are always from sites with a well-defined agenda.

Also, plenty of bisexuals marry, then come out later on.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Interesting these "facts" are always from sites with a well-defined agenda.

Also, plenty of bisexuals marry, then come out later on.
I think you fail to understand human sexuality.

Using your logic, a heterosexual adult should be attracted to pre-pubescent children of the opposite sex.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:10 AM

604 posts, read 1,629,177 times
okay pedophiles who are attracted to boys are gay
pedophiles who are attracted to girls are straight
homosexual means being attracted to the same sex. Therefore, when a man rapes a boy he is gay and a pedophile. WHen a man rapes a girl he is a straight pedophile. It's not hard to understand, but liberals make a big deal out of everything and have such thin skin. We are not attacking gays, we are attacking gay-pedophiles.

And to that person who made that huge rant, a religious biggot is someone who is prejudice against a religion, stop trying to act smart, you come off as a fool. And I wasn't "poking" you so dont poke me. I never said anything rude about atheists, just liberals, so you have the right to rebuttle about conservatives, but you are too imbecelic.

Now, that the whole pedophile thing is settled, can we get back on topic?

Old 03-28-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken.or.the.nugget View Post
okay pedophiles who are attracted to boys are gay
pedophiles who are attracted to girls are straight
homosexual means being attracted to the same sex. Therefore, when a man rapes a boy he is gay and a pedophile. WHen a man rapes a girl he is a straight pedophile. It's not hard to understand, but liberals make a big deal out of everything and have such thin skin. We are not attacking gays, we are attacking gay-pedophiles.

And to that person who made that huge rant, a religious biggot is someone who is prejudice against a religion, stop trying to act smart, you come off as a fool. And I wasn't "poking" you so dont poke me. I never said anything rude about atheists, just liberals, so you have the right to rebuttle about conservatives, but you are too imbecelic.

Now, that the whole pedophile thing is settled, can we get back on topic?
I am certainly not a liberal. At the same time, I think many of you fail to understand that before puberty, children of opposite sexes may have different anatomy, sure, but there is a distinct difference in the sexual attraction and whether the child is male or female is not nearly as relevant as in the case of a teenager or an adult.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:50 AM

656 posts, read 951,687 times
Quote:
So you're saying gays can't be pedophiles?

Yes, because in order to be a pedophile you have to have an attraction to prepubescent children. In order to be a homosexual, you have to be attracted to members of the same sex. Here's an article for ya.

Pedophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the case of the priest molesting children who had reached puberty, he was a hebephile.

Hebephilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And for priest that molest children who are in mid to late adolescence, they are described at ephebophiles.

Ephebophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you see, a homosexual, does not fit into any of those categories. It seems to me that you use pedophilia as an excuse to bash and hate gays; before you start doing that, maybe you need to do a little research on the words you are using.

Last edited by kb09; 03-28-2009 at 11:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates