U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2009, 11:50 PM

20,355 posts, read 20,525,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
It's none of the Pope's business what I choose to put on a hamburger or polish sausage.
Oops, my mistake. I thought the OP said condiments! Carry on Pope, my advice is just don't purchase a place if you think your going to move within a year or two, you'd be better off renting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 11:52 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,206,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This sure turned into a heated "debate" didn't it.
Dunno Chow. I got bored somewhere in the middle there when it went off on the gay/pedophile tangent, or perhaps a little early when I heard the distinct sound of bible thumping.

Anyway, I think it's interesting that so much discussion has gone on about the comments right around the world and it's great to see so many people including Catholics rejecting what was said and focusing on the better solutions.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:42 AM

14,969 posts, read 13,798,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
The only pedophiles attracted to both boys and girls are bisexual ones.
No...bisexuality and pedophilia are different.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Dunno Chow. I got bored somewhere in the middle there when it went off on the gay/pedophile tangent, or perhaps a little early when I heard the distinct sound of bible thumping.

Anyway, I think it's interesting that so much discussion has gone on about the comments right around the world and it's great to see so many people including Catholics rejecting what was said and focusing on the better solutions.
These "better solutions" IMO include handing out free condoms and handing out free formula to mothers.

Also...making it a crime for a person with AIDS to have sex with another person unless that person is informed their partner has AIDS.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:44 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,048,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post

Ninth time for dense liberals. The church doesn't change it's principles based on people's gripes. Are we going for 10?

Old 03-29-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
These "better solutions" IMO include handing out free condoms and handing out free formula to mothers.

Also...making it a crime for a person with AIDS to have sex with another person unless that person is informed their partner has AIDS.
The West has distributed a billion condoms each year in Africa. if it isn't working, why do you want to keep doing it?

Let's try the pope's message of changing hearts and minds.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No...bisexuality and pedophilia are different.
Nobody said bisexuality was the same as pedophilia. Do liberals not read?

Old 03-29-2009, 01:00 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,474,428 times
Quote:
Ninth time for dense liberals. The church doesn't change it's principles based on people's gripes. Are we going for 10?
You just keep on trying to make liberals look bad, and end up making conservatives look ridiculous. I'm ashamed if you identify yourself as conservative.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:11 PM

3,566 posts, read 4,501,652 times
With the Darfur refugees, Japan was supplying water. Japan wanted into the Big Five. When that was nixed, Japan stopped supplying water.

It would be interesting to see how many times an organization has to back track due to the political intrests of a given country who is supplying stuff. Especially, if we know that in rural areas condoms are hard to come by.

Most of us have a plan A and a plan B, they have to operate with a C and D or not operate at all.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Nobody said bisexuality was the same as pedophilia. Do liberals not read?
You're right that I should have worded that differently. I'm not going to try and explain this any more to you. You'll never get it.

And, BTW, I am far from liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates