U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2009, 12:12 PM
 
1,330 posts, read 1,041,579 times
Reputation: 202

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
hahahaha!

Yep! Of course that's what happened.

Is english your second language?
LOL. I just used two of your quotes that showed you talking out of both sides of your a**. Don't blame me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2009, 05:07 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 12,183,162 times
Reputation: 7257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
LOL. I just used two of your quotes that showed you talking out of both sides of your a**. Don't blame me.
No dear, you used two of my quotes to illustrate that you are struggling with reading comprehension but that's ok, that's what you've been doing all along and I'm used to it now.

Happy Easter!

ps: for the record, I'm not religious so my life does revolve around blame and guilt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 06:13 PM
 
44,577 posts, read 43,103,689 times
Reputation: 14376
I choose to practice abstinence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 07:10 PM
 
1,330 posts, read 1,041,579 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
No dear, you used two of my quotes to illustrate that you are struggling with reading comprehension but that's ok, that's what you've been doing all along and I'm used to it now.

Happy Easter!

ps: for the record, I'm not religious so my life does revolve around blame and guilt!
Is tjhat something to be proud of? Admitting your life revolves around blame and guilt because you're not religious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 08:52 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 12,183,162 times
Reputation: 7257
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
1) the idea that condoms have done nothing is wrong, we just do not have a statistic for how many people have been protected by using condoms. How do you think we have relatively stemmed the spread of aids in the civilized world???

2) Its presumptuous to say that since you can remain celibate everyone else should, what you can do in your culture is very different from what you can do in theirs. Unless you live in Africa and are remaining celibate your point is mute.

3) Maybe religion does need to have a role in Africa, I personally do not believe in it but I also believe it has played a role in allowing society to become civilized. I do not see how Western civilization could have happened without the Church. And if we think more societies need to be like us then I think we have to allow religion. But I really do not like the Catholic church, mainly because it has a leader that tells its followers what to do and believe, so I would advocate more of a protestant type religion.
Think it already does unwa and has done for a long time.

Religion in Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roman Catholicism in Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personally I think most of the problems that Africa faces can be attributed to economics, over population and the lack of adequate use of birth control. None of which any religious organization seems to have been able to manage successfully, either in relation to the AIDS epidemic OR in terms of poverty and starvation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 09:07 PM
 
Location: planet octupulous is nearing earths atmosphere
13,624 posts, read 10,697,085 times
Reputation: 19956
thats a good way to rid the world of some population they will all get aids good idea!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 09:17 PM
 
Location: planet octupulous is nearing earths atmosphere
13,624 posts, read 10,697,085 times
Reputation: 19956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Chowhound:
I think you missed the most important part of this. What does a Pope know of condoms and how they truly work unless he has tried them out? I thought these guys were celebate beyond a question of doubt? I am Catholic and always wondered how a priest or the Pope can possibly discuss birth control issues or sex and know what they are talking about.

I believe that true life experiences are the best teacher and the best way to make a point. How could the Pope possibly not say that we need to help the African Nations who are being devastated by Aids and if it takes sending truckloads of condoms over there then that is exactly what we should do. He should educate himself a little more so he can talk with more common sense about the Aids issue.

This absolutely floors me.
them africans screw anything that wigles condums will not work!!!! they won't use them sex is the only thing that gives them pleasure ..they are the poorest of the poor and will never play in the rain with a umbrella.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 10:11 PM
 
1,330 posts, read 1,041,579 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Think it already does unwa and has done for a long time.

Religion in Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roman Catholicism in Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Personally I think most of the problems that Africa faces can be attributed to economics, over population and the lack of adequate use of birth control. None of which any religious organization seems to have been able to manage successfully, either in relation to the AIDS epidemic OR in terms of poverty and starvation.
Christ, this is unbelievable. It's still religion's (Christianity's) fault even though by the liberals' admission the pope has no influence there because nobody's Catholic. And they still think getting people to use birth control is the answer even though it hasn't worked.

You people keep saying the same stupid-assed stuff over and over and over.

Let me repeat the problem. The reason for the failure in solving the so-called AIDS epidemic is African men are promiscuous. Sanctimonious liberal atheists who have decided they are somehow uniquely qualified, have inserted thesmelves at the exclusion of all others, to "save" Africans. Again, they have failed because they distribute case after case of condoms, but have dismissed or don't understand the need for spirituality and a center of morality. They dismiss these necessities because they 1) don't think anyone 'has the right' to advise people on personal matters or 2) don't believe in them themselves.

It's time for you liberal/atheists to put on your big boy pants, admit that your way has been an utter failure, to please step the hell aside and allow the Catholic Church and the pope to send the message of love, fidelity, and monogamous marriage to turn the AIDS crisis around, assuming there really is one.

I realize it's only a matter of time before some moron gives the same rant about the Church somehow being responsible for AIDS on a continent of which they are barely an outpost, and which I've had to refute no fewer than five times in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2009, 10:51 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 12,183,162 times
Reputation: 7257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Christ, this is unbelievable. It's still religion's (Christianity's) fault even though by the liberals' admission the pope has no influence there because nobody's Catholic. And they still think getting people to use birth control is the answer even though it hasn't worked.

You people keep saying the same stupid-assed stuff over and over and over.

Let me repeat the problem. The reason for the failure in solving the so-called AIDS epidemic is African men are promiscuous. Sanctimonious liberal atheists who have decided they are somehow uniquely qualified, have inserted thesmelves at the exclusion of all others, to "save" Africans. Again, they have failed because they distribute case after case of condoms, but have dismissed or don't understand the need for spirituality and a center of morality. They dismiss these necessities because they 1) don't think anyone 'has the right' to advise people on personal matters or 2) don't believe in them themselves.

It's time for you liberal/atheists to put on your big boy pants, admit that your way has been an utter failure, to please step the hell aside and allow the Catholic Church and the pope to send the message of love, fidelity, and monogamous marriage to turn the AIDS crisis around, assuming there really is one.

I realize it's only a matter of time before some moron gives the same rant about the Church somehow being responsible for AIDS on a continent of which they are barely an outpost, and which I've had to refute no fewer than five times in this thread.
Excuse me eeeeee (k) but don't you have to be up early for Mass in the morning?

Anyway, I see you are just waiting for you chance to blow it out your...ears from atop your soapbox and we've already established PAGES back that we don't agree and that I find you both tedious and boring.
Now do yourself a favour and go get some sleep. It's a big day tomorrow.

I've given up all hope that you will actually provide some evidence that a) you don't have a learning disability and b)your great solution will work.

Have a Happy Easter, PLEASE don't get back to me unless you're planning on making this a Great Debate. I feel like I'm swapping ***** slaps with a Paris Hilton wannabe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2009, 03:09 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,181 times
Reputation: 10
First of all Africa is not a country. It's a continent with a lot of countries.Second the Pope is right... the speech about and the distribution of condoms only aggravates the AIDS epidemic. Look at the numbers.Third... yes if people weren't having sex out of their marriage, in Africa or in any other continent, the AIDS epidemic wouldn't be getting worse and worse.Of course I defend free will for all people to make mistakes and to put other people lifes at risk but... don't expect the Pope to be supportive of those people. Take your own responsabilities and let the Pope be free (He is entitled to free will to) to speak to his followers and support those who are faithful.The Pope is not (and will never be) a Health representative. If you want to get support for using condoms go to your doctor. The Pope is the spiritual leader of the christian faith. And for the christian faith the best way to entail the AIDs (and others) pandemic is abstinence and fidelity. (Don't you think that it's the best way even for those who are not christians... think about it).Peace and God bless you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top