U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 02:56 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,211,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Please stop embarrassing yourself, until you know what you are talking about..

In India, there are 18 official languages, and 13 of them are spoken by more than ten-million people each. In South India, most people's skin is as black as Africans (although they are nor related) and in much of the rest of India, there a many people who are as light as Arabs.

In Brazil, the people in the southern states are as white as Argentinians. In the north, most are quite dark from Caribbean influence. In the middle are all shades.
You really want me to stop embarrassing you. Because you know everything I am saying is true and you can't handle the truth. Light skinned my as-s? They are all dark Indians who don't wear deodorant. Now, I don't hate Indian people, as some are nice people, but I just think that people should stay with their own and it's really not the white man's burden to help everybody else. So, staying on topic, I would reiterate that multiculturalism does not work.

The overwhelming majority of Brazilians are mixed. They might have light skin but you can still tell that they are mixed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 03:15 PM

38,744 posts, read 37,434,708 times
Oh, now I understand. Multicultural is defined as "Not all are blue-eyed blondes---there are some bad people in there, too". If only some of the people wear deodorant, that does not qualify as multicultural?

Old 04-30-2009, 03:19 PM

549 posts, read 1,106,012 times
USA`s melting pot is composed by all the nationalities in the world.
It is a multirracial country.

That`s what makes this country unique and strong.

It`s not about being Euro, Asian, Black, or a red skin.... It is about being the best at what you do (job/skills).

Have you people heard about globalization?.... it is very important for a nation to be competitive in the world market (Science/labor force/productivity/etc).

That`s why legal/highly skilled immigrants are needed.

I don`t want Australia and Canada to assimilate all of them. USA must maintain its leadership in science and technology and in many other fields with the help of these immigrants.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:22 PM

11,441 posts, read 8,939,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Against ... it simply doesn't work and you end up with increasing social tension and alienation.
Right. America should set strict rules how everyone should be. Everyone should be required to follow the rules...or else. Once the rules are established America, with god's help, can begin a program of cultural cleansing.
If everyone thought alike we wouldn't even need freedom of speech.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:54 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,054,206 times
I'm a believer of "One Law(The Constitution), One Language(English)". Beyond that, ish is cool.

I don't believe in "Multiculturalism", which is an even more idiot concept in Europe. However, alot of people go the other way and use the word "Multiculturalism" to critize the fact they see successful non-white faces and it bothers them. Dishonesty is rife on this issue.

Remember, if you want to live in a white country, go to Europe!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:38 AM

857 posts, read 838,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
I'm a believer of "One Law(The Constitution), One Language(English)". Beyond that, ish is cool.

I don't believe in "Multiculturalism", which is an even more idiot concept in Europe. However, alot of people go the other way and use the word "Multiculturalism" to critize the fact they see successful non-white faces and it bothers them. Dishonesty is rife on this issue.

RACE AND CULTURE ARE NOT THE SYNONYMOUS

Also what do you mean you do not believe in multiculturalism, its not a pixie or a unicorn. Maybe you meant you do not agree with multiculturalism, well good luck with that. Who established the original culture of America? Native Americans?? The founding fathers were all British so maybe we should just adopt all the British customs .

Multiculturalism IS America, if you want a nation with one uniform culture good luck, because it does not exist anywhere in the world.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:31 AM

38,744 posts, read 37,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
If everyone thought alike we wouldn't even need freedom of speech.
If everyone was kept in a bar-coded jar on a shelf, we wouldn't need freedom of anything. Try not to limit your thinking so much. There's a big beautiful world of socio-technology out there, just waiting for the right "president" to be "elected" in an America that sets strict rules on how everyone should be.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:26 PM

8,972 posts, read 10,473,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
RACE AND CULTURE ARE NOT THE SYNONYMOUS
Multiculturalism IS America, if you want a nation with one uniform culture good luck, because it does not exist anywhere in the world.
Agreed...then why argue about it? Why "push" multiculturalism in the schools? Why set up "diversity task forces" in corporations? Why 'celebrate our differences' instead of our similarities?....If multiculturalism is EVERYWHERE....and it's what America is "all about", why discuss it at length as if it were some exotic, hard-to grasp concept? Why talk about "ethnic restaurants" and "ethnic music"? Isn't every human being on earth a member of SOME ethnicity, or more?

Old 05-01-2009, 03:48 PM

5,917 posts, read 5,011,650 times
IMO Multiculturalism and Diversity are weasel words that schools and corporations use to cover their butt to show that they have made a reasonable effort to curb discrimination in their institutions. It seem anywhere there are Federal dollars you're going to find a person who's job it is to be the point person on Multicultural or Diversity issues.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:34 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,211,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post

If you want to live in a dark country, go to that dark country.

I personally don't care if dark people are successful. There are plenty of dark people in dark countries, that I don't care anything about. I just think that they should stop looking to white countries and be successful in their own dark countries--that's if their own dark leaders will allow their own dark people to be successful. If dark people can't be successful in dark countries, then think how much it must really bother their own dark leaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates