U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2009, 08:50 AM

75 posts, read 73,667 times

Advertisements

WOW that is your response? you didnt even read the rest of the post if you had you would realize I too believe that the earth is alot older than 6000 years, so therefore it is my stand as well, please keep reading! OH why is it you originally stated my numbers were faulty then all of the sudden said " his arithmetic is close enough" is it because you realized the difference of 1 billion people and 113,000 acres would only cause us to use a bit of Canada too! LOL. You cannot discredit anything I say and you base your posts on semantics about the basics of debate rather than the issue at hand!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 08:53 AM

My posts are already very long if I put spaces between the paragraphs there's no doubt in my mind you would be even more intimidated by the size of the post alone!(It would span a whole page and clog up the forums with facts you don't like to hear) Your ALREADY not reading the whole post anyways so what difference does it make? Besides if I didn't emphasize my key points with capital letters you would miss the points like you have been doing ! I have read EVERY word that you have typed! Can you say you have done the same for me? How can you debate when you do not get past the first three sentences of the opponents posts? Or better yet how can you debate when you don't even talk about the subject at hand? You dismiss EVERYTHING no matter how true it is and instead focus your whole strategy around TINY IRRELEVANT "mistakes" that your opponent has supposedly made ! Oh by the way when you read a book written by a professional author, do the pages look like MY posts or do you see a whole bunch of tiny 3 sentence paragraphs wasting space on the page like yours? I have not seen a "paragraph" from you longer than 3 sentences! What grade are you in? It is not my fault if your reading comprehension is poor and so you therefore cannot take in a REAL PARAGRAPH NOT A CHILD'S PARAGRAPH! Do you even know the definition of a paragraph?

Last edited by godstabilize; 04-25-2009 at 09:14 AM..

Old 04-25-2009, 09:19 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godstabilize View Post
My posts are already very long
That is something you might work on.

If you want people to read your posts, here are a few more suggestions:

1. Change your screen name to something that doesnt have God in it.
2. Make absolutely no references to Christianity, scripture, or the firstgen ministries.
3. Learn the difference between verifiable, peer-reviewed research and dogmatic articles of faith.
4. Break up your page into paragraphs and stop screaming at people with caps.

Most people who engage in reasonable discourse scan a long post for Biblical Buzzwords, and if they see one, they immediately abandon the post and move on to the next one. People who want to read biblical passages know where to find them, and this is not where they look. Biblical passages might help get the writer into heaven, but do not help the reader to understand anything.

If my opponent makes TINY IRRELEVANT MISTAKES like saying the world is 6,000 years old when it is 13-billion, or vice versa, that can have a significant impact on the legitimacy and authority of any argumentation that follows.

Last edited by jtur88; 04-25-2009 at 09:36 AM..

Old 04-25-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
That is something you might work on.

If you want people to read your posts, here are a few more suggestions:

1. Change your screen name to something that doesnt have God in it.
2. Make absolutely no references to Christianity, scripture, or the firstgen ministries.
3. Learn the difference between verifiable, peer-reviewed research and dogmatic articles of faith.
4. Break up your page into paragraphs and stop screaming at people with caps.

Most people who engage in reasonable discourse scan a long post for Biblical Buzzwords, and if they see one, they immediately abandon the post and move on to the next one. People who want to read biblical passages know where to find them, and this is not where they look.
What does this tell you about the extent to which you have been indoctrinated to assume anything at all with GOD in it is FALSE.( Even though you yourself have to admit it is impossible to prove or disprove the existence of GOD) But you cannot deny the fact that the sheer concept of the existence of GOD holds a great political power in our present world otherwise ALL of our presidents would not CLAIM to be christians when you and I both know they are not! The words are capitalized not to scream but to emphasize key points that you are repeatedly missing. This was the original meaning of capitalizing words in english. Not to scream but to emphasize. If you knew anything about literature you would know this and you would also know exclamation points signify screaming or excitement in text! Please read the posts it's not hard! I've read all of yours. P.S I have not posted a single passage of scripture what are you talking about? Oh and you tell me to change my name to something without GOD in it. Yet I'm willing to bet if my name were something like godisnotreal or goddoesntexist you would most likely read everything I have to say! And excuse me if the topic at hand is so important that it requires more than a few sentences to reveal the truth!

Last edited by godstabilize; 04-25-2009 at 09:54 AM..

Old 04-25-2009, 09:45 AM

Once again you are not reading my posts I did not say the world was 6000 years old! Your making yourself look foolish to any outsider!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:46 AM

Are you afraid to read my posts? Why do you keep responding to the first sentences only?

Old 04-25-2009, 09:48 AM

And the statement I made had NOTHING to do with the age of the planet but rather how long humans have populated the earth! That is the TINY MISTAKE I was talking about I typed earth instead of humans!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:50 AM

I have not posted a single passage of scripture what r u talking about?

Old 04-25-2009, 09:52 AM

Regardless of where the info came from be it a ministry or a college you have already admitted yourself in your own words: His arithmetic is "close enough" LOL You know that I'm right thats why you have nothing logical to say whatsoever!

Old 04-25-2009, 10:02 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
nope not at all--- just an overaboundance of people that cant read or write and love to have kids
the rich are utterly unwilling to have kids bek when they do they turn out rotten.
how come?
bek whenever a strong man makes it to the top he marries a spoiled rich girl,
he then makes sure his kids are far removed from the harsh experiences that made him a success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates