U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:52 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,130,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Most Catholics dont follow the church leaders, exactly the point. Why even bother? It makes no sense. I believe many of the ppl I am reffering too went through a similiar experience to me but for reasons only known to them decide to be half assed catholics instead of having the brains to just stop wasting their own time and breaking free completely of organized religion. I have noticed younger generations seem to have been able to let go of organized religion and accept the fact that what the churches preaches/teaches does not make sense. This is a good thing as it shows more independent thinkers BUT if you are going to follow a religion you should do so completely as they ask otherwise dont waste your time.
Then it makes no sense for dieters to diet in most cases or for people to trying to lead a healthier lifstyle. That's the point that humans are not perfect and faulter.That is the reason you should not judge lso as the bible says. Your points are just the same rants against organized religion that can be applied to politics and even social programs or most thing involving human. There is fraud in welfare their for get ride of oit for example;people riot so take their civil rights away tec.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 01:14 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,585,907 times
Perhaps rather than follow out of touch church leaders, Catholics are choosing to follow God. What better leader than that? Try thinking before shooting off your mouth about others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates