U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 11:32 PM

339 posts, read 628,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Even if only one out of a hundred is, it makes America unsafe at any speed---because they are collectively and individually given way too much power.
Have you or would you ever call a cop for anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 11:36 PM

339 posts, read 628,232 times
Quote:
And that doesn't even count the deaths that were not recognized as homicides. About a third of known homicides are never solved.

Several yes ago, the San Francisco paper reported (I'm taking this from memory) that of about 90 known homicides so far that year, the police didn't even have a suspect in about 87 of them.
You shouldn't even be concerned with this. Get on with your life you know. I highly doubt that statistic too...highly.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:38 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,767,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD View Post
You shouldn't even be concerned with this. Get on with your life you know. I highly doubt that statistic too...highly.
In the 5-year period 2002-2006, there were 82,000 homicides in the Unites States. 36,000 of those (44%), the identity of the offender is "unknown". Easy Access to the FBI's Supplementary Homicide Reports: 1980-2006

What the hell are you doing on a site like this, if this kind of information falls into the category of "you shouldn't even be concerned with this".

Switch on reruns of Survivor, and get on with YOUR life.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:07 AM

10,425 posts, read 43,617,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
so do you think that society would be better off without cops!! and we should go back to the old west concept..everybody carries a fire arm.

i would not frequent bars to much if everybody had rum and guns they don't mix very well.
Society will be better off if the pigs did the job they were supposed to do which is to protect and serve. Ever notice more and more city/town/municialities are removing that "To protect and serve" from the doors of the patrol cars? Yea.....look next time. They are pretty hard to find.

Today the pigs job is to bring in revenue for the state and town coffers. that's it. Detectives investigate real crimes. Traffic duty pigs just hide behind whatever they can shooting their radiation at us hoping to score. They harrass us for not coming to a completes stop at stop signs. They invent a story which by communist rule gives them permission to do an illegal search. Illegal under the constitution but not under the good ol boys law.

Yet they break the very same silly little laws on a daily basis that they are trying to jamb down our throats. Sorta like your parents smoking but telling their children not to. Do as I say, not as I do.

We still have pigs pulling over innocent motorists and stealing their money or they go to jail. If you are pulled over and offered to pay a bribe and be set free or go to jail....whataya gona do?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:21 AM

In fact, revenue is exactly and specifically the role of many cops. "License and registration please" means "Identify yourself and show me the reciept for having paid your motor vehicle tax". The cop is the tax collector for the DMV. Whether or not your vehicle is properly registered is not a public safety issue. It is a tax revenue issue, and it is the first thing a traffic patrol cop enforces when he confronts you in a car. If you don't have a valid tax reciept, you go directly to jail, and all other issues (including the probable cause for which he stopped you in the first place) are a lower priority.

Last edited by jtur88; 04-15-2009 at 09:34 AM..

Old 04-15-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD View Post
A lot of people don't like cops until they need one.
Maybe that is true but that would make them 2 faced. I have one face and live it like I say it. I can assure you that I will never ever ever need a big fat donut bellied domestic terrorist who bought his badge in the Dollar Store to save me. Never.

Look at it another way using your words "a lot of people hate pigs till they need one"........yes they think they like them until they get shaken down for money by being stopped because they have long hair, or are black, or are young, or laughing with friends or.........get the point? That can change an opinion or attitude in a real hurry.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
In fact, revenue is exactly and specifically the role of many cops. "License and registration please" means "Identify yourself and show me the reciept for having paid your motor vehicle tax". The cop is the tax collector for the DMV. Whether or not your vehicle is properly registered is not a public safety issue. It is a tax revenue issue, and it is the first thing a traffic patrol cop enforces when he confronts you in a car. If you don't have a valid tax reciept, you go directly to jail, and all other issues (including the probable cause for which he stopped you in the first place) are a lower priority.
Generally your posts are informative and a pretty good use of facts. But this one is so off the wall I have no idea what to say or how to answer it.

YIKES !!!!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:24 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,090,724 times
for some reason i had a hunch it was a race related crime. well once i say NC, i got this hunch. maybe i been watching cold case too much, or maybe becuase that was so common in the south, unsolved race related crimes i mean.

i would give some informaiton, but only after getting more details and talking to the person who has more info on it. the family deserves to know. and if the perp is dead, well what can happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Exactly, like I said, I'm not really sure of the details. Maybe when I talk to this person again, I'll ask her if she's ever had the urge to report it since the perptrator is dead anyhow. Basically the story goes something like this, " John ran over a guy and killed him just because he was black." Disgusting, but I can't seem to not think about it and all the implications. If the guy died let's say, 5 years ago, then I'm sure the guy he killed has some living relatives somewhere. Don't you think?

Last edited by the one; 04-15-2009 at 04:34 PM..

Old 04-15-2009, 04:30 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,090,724 times
you obviously dont live in the hood. and you sound very young.

we that do [live in the hood], are happy when the cops do good. do they always do good? no. are they all good guys? no. do we need them? yes. some cops are corrupt, but they do what they can. if i had information that would help prevent or solve a crime i would help them out. thats my obligation as a citizen to serve my community... even if my community is south central. i take pride in it.

live
from
florence
and
graham

the
one
calling the po po
(sometimes calling the police ON the police, i seen some crazy stuff)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
NO and I dont need tickets to know what a waste of human flesh those donut munching domestic terrorists are. But you are close. I have made attempts to report crimes but they do not respond. It's more profitable to shake down innocent motorists for money then it is to respond to a break-in.

A rat is a rat is a rat. I will not call those fat azzed pigs under any circumstances. If I dont like something I see then I will choose if I want to stop it or if I am capable of stopping it or walk away. I carry and I can fight. I do not need to call mommy everytime I see something wrong. There are weak people and there are strong people. There are leaders and there are followers. The weak followers will call mommy everytime the neighbor calls them a name. The strong leaders will handle it either by words or by fist.

So lose the attitude and learn your enemy. The pigs are not your friend. To win you need to know who the enemy is. The only thing more dangerous then a pig are those who like and trust a pig.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Generally your posts are informative and a pretty good use of facts. But this one is so off the wall I have no idea what to say or how to answer it.

YIKES !!!!!!
So, in addition to shouting YIKES, you are prepared to defend your position that

A) When a traffic cop make a routine stop, he doesn't request your registration, or

B) Valid registration is a reliable indicator of the public safety of that particular driver being on the road, and

C) It is of vital importance that the cop examine the registration/tax receipt prior to making any other public safety or criminal justice determinations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates