U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2011, 05:42 PM

8,004 posts, read 9,651,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So if you were to ask someone "Are you a racist?" then what do you expect them to say?
"No, I'm not a racist....but I AM a liar!"

Old 08-08-2011, 05:56 PM

28,906 posts, read 45,194,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Do you know anyone who openly declares him/herself being a racist? Probably not, unless you know members of groups such as the Klan.
For me, it's hearing people start talking about how they don't care about the color of skin, but then they endlessly rant and rave about mistakes and shortcomings of another race. I think this is the technique used by talk radio show hosts.
What are the things you look for to determine if a person is a racist or not?
Everybody is a racist. Because everybody has irrational biases. Including you.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:10 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,507,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Oh, you saw more than one mexican throw trash, ergo it's cool to generalize about all hispanics.

AGAIN, this is the TEXTBOOK DEFINITION of racism. You're generalizing about all of them based on the actions of a few. And you're (of course) suffering from selection bias. You've seen white people litter too, I'm sure, but you don't seem to think excessive littering is a white cultural phenomenon. Why is that?

I'm not making assumptions about what your area is like. I'm making the assumption that you're a racist because you KEEP SAYING INCREDIBLY RACIST THINGS.
Whatever you say, Rhymetime

Old 08-08-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
lol

Who considers people racist based on their attraction preferences? I mean, it's fun to "throw this around" because it's basically unprovable either way, right?
And I suppose Muslim fathers putting death contracts on daughters that refuse to marry the men they choose for them or falling in love with men of other races/religions isn't racist them ? Unprovable ?

Old 08-08-2011, 06:41 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
And I suppose Muslim fathers putting death contracts on daughters that refuse to marry the men they choose for them or falling in love with men of other races/religions isn't racist them ? Unprovable ?
Whatever. The actions of those guys don't excuse your actions.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Whatever. The actions of those guys don't excuse your actions.
I never said it did. But it does point out that other cultures besides caucasions can be racist, which was all I was trying to point out in the first place but you ignored of course.

And of my actions you know nothing As another poster has said to you, you know jack squat about me.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:04 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,760 times
Quote:
I never said it did. But it does point out that other cultures besides caucasions can be racist, which was all I was trying to point out in the first place but you ignored of course.
Well it's funny how every time someone on this forum correctly points out that a poster did something blantantly racist, the accused poster quickly shifts to an "oh pay no attention to me, look at how racist THESE OTHER GUYS ARE" handwaving defense.

I am very well aware that other people are racist.

Quote:
And of my actions you know nothing As another poster has said to you, you know jack squat about me.
I know what you post here, and what you post here is blatantly racist. I guess it's POSSIBLE that you're actually not, and you just mistyped all that stuff, but seeing as you go so far as to repeat some of the things (several times!) I am not going to hold my breath too much.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:13 PM

11,449 posts, read 13,911,504 times
Quote:
Maybe that's based more on religion than race.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:09 PM

711 posts, read 1,280,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So if you were to ask someone "Are you a racist?" then what do you expect them to say?

I,d expect them to give the secret sign.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:

I know what you post here, and what you post here is blatantly racist.
That's your opinion. You see what you want to see because it furthers your own racist agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or