U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 05:19 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,760 times

Advertisements

What's my racist agenda?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,507,035 times
Painting all white people as racists perhaps ?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:37 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Painting all white people as racists perhaps ?
Nope, try again.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:41 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,507,035 times
Whatever Rhymetime..I have tried to explain over and over again to you why I feel the way I do about this situation and you do nothing but twist my words around.

We're going round in circles and obviously will never see eye to eye on this issue so I'm done with this conversation. You can think I'm a horrible person as much as you want. I can live with that because I don't know you from Adam.

This has become boring. I'm going to go post in some of the more "fun" forums. You should as well. We both need to lighten up a little, don't you think ?

Old 08-10-2011, 09:14 AM

15,901 posts, read 10,954,801 times
Default zero tolerance at too low a level

First off, everyone has racist tendencies.

Social and political activists use race as a tool to thwart argument especially when on the losiing end.

The threshold is set so low, people who show some 'racist tendencies' but act in a non racist manner townd other races are grouped in with cross burning KKK members. No degree, all or nothing at all. Unfortunately we are dealing with humans and not programming exception reports on emperical data. Tendencies are used as symptoms to diagnose a patholgy.
Problem is so many different pathologies list headache and nausea as a symptom. Racism is attempted to be diagnosed by the equivalent of a 'headache'.

Social philosophy set by money hungry federal grant seeking PhDs and Human Resource managers justifying their existence, has been that of zero tolerance for any hint of 'racism' as they define it. This lack of tolerance to basic human tendencies has done more harm than good isolating would be supporters.

The charge of racism may now be considered a weapon.

The institutionalization of charging racism as a weapon was revealed in the emails of a group of journalists exposed last year. They promoted a strategy of attacking political opponents with racism.

Hardly a week goes by when the news doesn't feature some wannbe publicity seeking, government granted PhD claiming some story in the Golden Book series as racist.

Calling someone a derogatory name now qualifies that person as racist.
It used to mean you really wanted to insult the idiot that cut you off on the highway and really meant to direct a derogatory remark in his direction. Racist I think not, but with the zero tolerance policy imposed by the politicaly correct watchdogs you are definitely a card carrying KKK member who at the drop of a hat will burn a cross first chance you get.

Zero tolerance only makes sense at a higher threshold. The human condition needs room to breathe.

Consider everyone has racist tendencies and you won't need to analyze oral and written language to reveal a hint of racism. The racists as we know them will easily reveal themselves to stand out in the crowd.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:15 PM

14,506 posts, read 23,177,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
Stick around a person long enough and you will know if they are racist or not. People talk a certain way about others, like tearing them down for the slightest thing.

Commenting on thier lineage or that they arent 'good enough' is a sure sign of discontent, and malcontent... Then there is thier actions. Do they put down people, make snide remarks about silly stuff that doesnt make sense to get a raise out of someone, to either set them up for a fall guy or the butt of jokes.

Its not hard to notice an idiot, or fool, and its the fool tht will start the entire mess going to disrupte someones day''Later...

May the LORD Bless each of you

I wish you well...

Jesse
well said. Its really simple. Perhaps some people havent come across it. Not talking on a national scale here, but in our case its rather disappointing to have neighbors like that.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:24 PM

7,497 posts, read 9,272,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
My neighbor, who when we were discussing fannie Mae and bank bailouts said it was "those people in florida" who demanded mortgages and houses they couldnt afford... yes "they" caused the whole recesssion...[sarc]

she also is not the sharpest tool in the shed, which seems to go hand in hand with closet racists.
Sounds like most of my family.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:21 AM

8,004 posts, read 9,651,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
My neighbor, who when we were discussing fannie Mae and bank bailouts said it was "those people in florida" who demanded mortgages and houses they couldnt afford... yes "they" caused the whole recesssion...[sarc]

she also is not the sharpest tool in the shed, which seems to go hand in hand with closet racists.

....and yet "those people", who demand mortgages and houses they can't afford, seem to exist in every race, do they not? IMHO, "those people", should be a reference to "those people" who borrow well above their means...for anything! Good grief, it's not as if spending/borrowing habits can actually be tied to a race or color.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:28 AM

4,980 posts, read 8,211,064 times
So much indoctrination and repeating mantras taught in schools.
People need to turn off the TV and think for themselves.
We are taught race is a "social construct" and does not exist, but when it comes to someone getting something or getting chosen for their race, it darn well does exist.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:39 AM

4,120 posts, read 3,694,840 times
The problem I see in this thread is that people are misusing the word racism when they should be using the word prejudice. Two different things people. Still bad though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or