U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:02 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,288,725 times

Advertisements

Do you know anyone who openly declares him/herself being a racist? Probably not, unless you know members of groups such as the Klan.
For me, it's hearing people start talking about how they don't care about the color of skin, but then they endlessly rant and rave about mistakes and shortcomings of another race. I think this is the technique used by talk radio show hosts.
What are the things you look for to determine if a person is a racist or not?

Old 04-14-2009, 09:18 PM

40,053 posts, read 30,474,264 times
As regards postings here on C-D...I just look for the hatred. It appears that the genuine racists simply cannot disguise it (although they seem to think that they can, by being "clever.") All such attempts fail miserably--they reveal themselves time after time.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 1,921,030 times
Most people aren't rascist.. i believe in closet rascist.. those that continually bring it up!
Look.. their skin is purple.. and they were being talked down to by someone that had skin of green..

I also belive that those that continually segregate us.. are the true rascist.. thus they are closet rascist.

just my 2 cents.. people that rant and rave are just ignorant idiots.. not rascist.. just ignorant idiots.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:27 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,838,791 times
It is really not very nice to call someone a racist, so why would you be wanting to find a reason to do that? If someone is a racist, I really don't want to know that. And yes, I do see it here on the threads, but it is my opinion also that the real racists are the ones calling someone else a racist. Whether someone is a racists or not is not something I think about on a daily basis. I think a more important question is whether a person is a Christian.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:29 PM

55,569 posts, read 74,447,824 times
by posting nonstop 24/7 on the subject.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:34 PM

887 posts, read 2,664,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I think a more important question is whether a person is a Christian.
What does this have to do with anything? I know plenty of good people who are Hindu, atheist, Muslim, Buddhist, etc. I think Christians shouldn't judge a person on their religion but the character of their heart.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:46 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,082,666 times
I'm a racist. Or at least, I've been called that. I notice that nearly the players in the NBA are black. I have to detect that for myself, because the commentators never make any reference to that. I notice that when a driver drives a car with rims and a boomer in the trunk, slumped down in the drivers seat so he can barely see over the hood, cruising real slow through malls and supermarket parking lots, but never stopping and getting out, I notice that he is always black. It is racist to notice that. Being blind is not an asset nor a virtue. But it is politically correct.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:03 AM

9,371 posts, read 10,150,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I'm a racist. Or at least, I've been called that. I notice that nearly the players in the NBA are black. I have to detect that for myself, because the commentators never make any reference to that. I notice that when a driver drives a car with rims and a boomer in the trunk, slumped down in the drivers seat so he can barely see over the hood, cruising real slow through malls and supermarket parking lots, but never stopping and getting out, I notice that he is always black. It is racist to notice that. Being blind is not an asset nor a virtue. But it is politically correct.
Are you as quick to notice that the players in the NHL are nearly all white? are you as quick to notice when an old pick-up with a Rebel flag cruises real slow at night past a Farmers Anhydrous Ammonia tanks. The driver is always white? Then you might not be a racist

Last edited by thriftylefty; 04-15-2009 at 09:26 AM..

Old 04-15-2009, 08:31 AM

3,566 posts, read 4,613,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Do you know anyone who openly declares him/herself being a racist? Probably not, unless you know members of groups such as the Klan.
For me, it's hearing people start talking about how they don't care about the color of skin, but then they endlessly rant and rave about mistakes and shortcomings of another race. I think this is the technique used by talk radio show hosts.
What are the things you look for to determine if a person is a racist or not?
Yeah, I do know lots of people that have no problem declaring it. In fact, when I bartended they had no problem making sure that everyone knew it. Some of them, scream outside of the window while passing by a group of African Americans.

Tats. Hammers, swastikas, etc. If you know what your looking for, they have still expressed it without having to verbally do so. The Confederate flag in a window or on a pole or best yet, an entire vehicle painted as one sends a pretty clear sign. You could spend all day stating the 99 ways one can display that flag and it have no meaning but the reality is, one knows exactly the type of reaction one is going to get. AND IN KNOWING IN ADVANCE CONTINUES TO DO SO.

These types of sayings and or questions,
"We have to sell because the value of our property is about to decline"
"Am I a racist if..."
"Lets compare the crime statistics"
"they have the victim mentality"

They may even dance around it and without so much as stating race, drum up the picture of the pink caddilac African American welfare mother. Illegal immigrants=only Mexicans.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:44 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,082,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Are you as quick to notice that the players in the NHL are nearly all white? are you as quick to notice when an old pick-up with a Rebel flags cruises real slow at night past a Farmers Anhydrous Ammonia tanks. The driver is always white? Then you might not be a racist
At the NBA game, I notice that the officials and the spectators who can afford the high-priced seats right behind the bench are white, and the players are black. The human eye evolved to recognize contrast. I see about 20 guys cruising through the mall right after school lets out, but I once sat in front of the Anhydrous plant all weekend, and didn't see a single pickup truck cruising through, so I think I based my observation on a more statistically valid sample.

But you're right, it is mostly white people who commit the high-profile crimes . I wonder if they become high profile because the "color blind" media publicizes crimes in which white people are the victims?

How many black guys wives died while they were on fishing trips in SF Bay? How many glamorous little black models were found dead in their house Christmas Eve? How many black girls were kidnapped in Salt Lake City? How many black girls disappeared in Aruba? How many black girls with big eyes jilted their BF on their wedding day? What an odd coincidence, that the PC media doesn't notice what color anybody is, but all the crimes they sensationalize have white victims. And I'm the racist, because I notice that. Almost exactly half of all homicide victims in the USA are black, and I must be a racist because I just looked that up. http://www.ojjdp.ncjrs.gov/ojstatbb/ezashr/

Last edited by jtur88; 04-15-2009 at 08:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or