U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 05:35 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,556,197 times

Advertisements

So we have the Mafia on the one hand, with the Omerta against ever cooperating with the police, and on the other hand, we have the Police themselves, hamstrung by either their own incompetence or restrictive regulations, refusing to be of any value if they are called. There is an in-between area, where a conspicuous felony may have occurred, and the police are trumped by the judicial process which is so heavily overburdened that all they do is make deals. Everything fits into one of three boxes, none of which benefits the general public in any way.

So far, the American public is pretty docile, but what happens when people get mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore, and the police are cartoon cutouts. What's Plan B?

Old 05-09-2009, 05:41 PM

485 posts, read 903,396 times
I have a ex brother inlaw who is a cop and he smoked pot like most most marlbros! He would joke about taking the young kids drugs and giving them a warning and tell them he would let them go and not tell the parents meanwhile he would enjoy the drugs he took from them! So i guess you could call that a crooked cop? I think it goes deeper than that in a lot of cases?

Old 05-09-2009, 05:45 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
...refusing to be of any value if they are called.
OK - we know you hate the Police. Every one of your posts reinforces this. And, you may have had a bad experience with one or two officers in your life.

But, by in large, the police officers today are upstanding, caring, dedicated individuals who do a job that I dare say you would not have the testicular fortitude to do.

You made a statement I quoted above (bolded) that is very easy to refute as there are countless number of illustrations of Police officers putting their lives on the line to save "civilians"

Or, where in my area last week - when a child was abducted - the police were able through very good police investigative work, found the child in a relatively short period of time, and arrested the kidnapper - a person with a record of child abuse.

So, for you to try to portray that the police refusing to be of any value if they are called is flat out wrong - it is also flat out bull s hit.

And you know it - or should.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:47 PM

I think its all a joke..the whole system..parking tickets speeding tickets,its all a crime! But you pay MONEY or a fine as they call it it makes everything o.k If you dont pay then you are a criminal! It all is based on the omighty dollar....it has a way of fixing everything!

Old 05-09-2009, 05:54 PM

And they are good if they come thrue for you! But you dont hear of most cases where they dont catch the bad guy! When they catch one out of fifty they glorify it so they can move up the totem pole! I have seen cops live in million dollar homes! How can they do so living on a average income?

Old 05-09-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
I have seen cops live in million dollar homes! How can they do so living on a average income?
I sold a home in the 2 million range to a Phoenix PD officer and his wife. He made a cops salary -

She on the other hand clears over 800K a year with her private practice (she is a surgeon)

Don't make assumptions -

Old 05-09-2009, 06:03 PM

149 posts, read 351,016 times
Exactly. It's all a joke. And I tell you honestly, I know ALOT of cops, I've grown up around cops. I have never met a straight one. I know too many cops that smoke pot to count (but I think marijuana prohibition is ridiculous, it will be reversed here very soon I believe), but I know cops that will be working a wreck and will get in their car with people and sell them stuff and tell them as their getting out of the car to buckle up and dont drink and drive! They're all high on various drugs but they all get the biggest buzz of all from power. And judges are even worse. The whole judicial system is twisted.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:08 PM

Boy - you guys sure have different cops and judges than we do

Old 05-09-2009, 06:12 PM

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBradley View Post
Exactly. It's all a joke. And I tell you honestly, I know ALOT of cops, I've grown up around cops. I have never met a straight one. I know too many cops that smoke pot to count (but I think marijuana prohibition is ridiculous, it will be reversed here very soon I believe), but I know cops that will be working a wreck and will get in their car with people and sell them stuff and tell them as their getting out of the car to buckle up and dont drink and drive! They're all high on various drugs but they all get the biggest buzz of all from power. And judges are even worse. The whole judicial system is twisted.
Its all a power trip for most of them,if they wanted to realy help people there is not enough firemen in most places and the pay is probably close? But there is a lot more guys wanting the authority position! I just watched a program where a cop was taking sex in trade for tickets!

Old 05-09-2009, 06:18 PM

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Boy - you guys sure have different cops and judges than we do
Either that or your not paying attention to whats going on around you? or maybe your in the system? But to think there isnt caruption around is living in a fairy tale world! I would like to think every town was like mayberry and all cops was like Andy and Barney Fife but its just not like that in our perfect country!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates