U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 02:15 PM

113 posts, read 455,904 times

Advertisements

They have 2 confirmed deaths in California now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 03:59 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,034,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psouth View Post
Just another great benefit of our bleeding heart open borders and people pouring in from Mexico. The Haitians are bringing Tuberculosis and AIDS and now the Mexicans are bringing in Swine Flu. If I were a restaurant owner down here now I would be very afraid that one of my Mexican dishwashers or cooks can infect all the customers. You talk about a lawsuit waiting to happen. You look in any restaurant kitchen and you will find mostly Mexicans or Guatemalens working on the cheap. Way to go guys.

*5 stars for you.

The reason the Pres is trying to keep this under wraps is he does not want the people to get angry and want all these illegals to be sent home.

I have been telling you all this for a while, they are bringing huge amounts of diseases to our country and infecting our own people.

With out free health care plan to anyone who needs car they head to the ER and infect everyone there also.

Close the damn borders and send all illegals home and the problems will end.

This is just a tip of the problems we will be having if we do not stop the flood of illegals to the US.

What scares me is the infected kids coming over the Texas border and sending them into OUR schools to infect or carry the diseases to OUR kids.

And to think this Pres just came back from Mexico... hummmmm

We all need to be worried, this is not something to just forgot, tons of other diseases are on the rise and the main stream media wont cover it because most of it is COMING FROM MEXICO !

Old 04-28-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
This is the biggest case of BS we have seen this year! You know, there aren't any deaths in the U.S. because it is not much different from any other flu! Most of the infected are reported to be recovering already with thermaflu and the like! To think that President Obama got away with handling this "emergency" from the golf course is outrageous! If a republican had done the same there would have been hell to pay.

There should be no cause for concern for this "disease," because believe it or not America does have really good healthcare and we know how to treat the flu here better than in Mexico, hence why there are some deaths attributed down there. This whole thing is merely a distraction and is going to provide another excuse for government to step in.
5*'s

Finally someone gets it! If this was Bush the Katrina whiners would blame him for the hurricane even happening all over again. Funny how we have had 5 majors hurricanes since Katrina and NO PROBLEMS...

If I had my first 100 days considered a disaster like Obama has I would not be playing any golf that is for sure.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:39 PM

7,282 posts, read 15,288,684 times
The people who had to deal with the Hurricane Ike recovery process would beg to differ on that one. And that's really been the only bad one to hit the American mainland between 2006-08. It's just that the national news gets bored and moves onto the next story while a lot of people are still staring at the debris field where their house used to be.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,089 times
I don't think swine flu knows what nationality a person is. If you come in conactt with people who have traveled into an area where the disease is active is what really counts or if you travel into an infected area is If you keep your hands washed, your house clean, and your hands off your face, you have a better chance of not contracting the disease.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascuayaqui View Post
I don't think swine flu knows what nationality a person is. If you come in conactt with people who have traveled into an area where the disease is active is what really counts or if you travel into an infected area is If you keep your hands washed, your house clean, and your hands off your face, you have a better chance of not contracting the disease.

In this case it has been already known where it is coming from.

And you mentioned cleanliness, have you even been to Mexico? I have been the Cancun and outside of Cancun has sewage running down the streets.

The place is a total dump.

Look up towns along the Mexican border in the US, the hospitals are seeing diseases they have not seen for many many years and it is coming from Mexico.

Do not forget, they do not force immunization of their kids and many of them come here carrying diseases.

So to answer you yes, we are getting nailed with all kinds of different diseases in the US and most of it is coming from Mexico.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:42 PM

8,287 posts, read 11,476,861 times
way to go for a few jerks to politicize everything. If you want to get technical there is no physical way Obama can shut off the border or stop people from travelling to Mexico since Dubya as Governor & Prez couldn't or wouldn't do it either. The vast majority of the people infected are Americans who travelled to Mexico and brought it home not Mexicans bringing it over here.
As to the poster who suggested Haitians brings AIDS to the US I have to ask, are you really that dumb?

Old 04-28-2009, 11:24 PM

324 posts, read 874,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkagy View Post
Most if not all the cases here in the U.S. has been to Americans, not Mexicans. So it's not the Mexicans you need to be worried about really. Americans travel to Mexico just as much as Mexicans do. Either way, I really think the media's making this out to be a much bigger deal than it is.
Agreed, just like everything else.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 AM

8,181 posts, read 16,158,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I know the President has declared a National Emergency on this. My daughter, who works as a NYC teacher, has told me they are talking about shutting down the schools because of the numerous outbreaks there. She is very worried about it.

With such a large Mexican population in Florida why aren't there any reported cases here? I work in the schools with very low functioning (feeding and diapers) kids, most of whom are Mexican/Americans, but we use Universal Precautions all the time with them. How much of a concern should there be in this state given its demographics?

So help me out here....just because Mexicans live here they have this flu?
What if they haven't been to Mexico in years? Or since the outbreak?
Do they get it anyway?

I'm very confused at this reasoning?

Old 04-29-2009, 01:48 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,650,713 times
There was the first DEATH reported today in Florida; a toddler whose family had been to Mexico. There are at least 3 cases reported. My guess would be there are probably more that aren't being reported so "panic" doesn't set it. Yesterday morning, there was a boy in HS who kept saying that his DAD (works in a hospital) told him they are bringing in cases with it. Staff told him to "shut up" and not let it out.

I had salmonella posioning last year during that outbreak with the tomatoes/peppers. It was NOT REPORTED by any of the medical personnel at the facility where I went. They asked me NOTHING about where I had eaten, etc. My case went UNDER THE RADAR. It would not surprise me that this swine flu is not being swept under the rug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates