U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-30-2009, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Here and There
2,539 posts, read 3,272,645 times
Reputation: 3766

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I've been asked to repeat this several times. Here it is. This simple definition should effectively end the abortion debate for all time. But it won't, because the pro-abortion side isn't interested in facts or logic.

Here it is. Short. Simple. Ironclad.

A human embryo from the moment of conception is exactly the same genetically as the adult human being it will become (barring premature death) except in stage of development. There is no other difference. Period.

This definition has ended many abortion arguments. Nobody has ever been able to dispute or find an exception that invalidates any part of it.
And another thing, there is no such term "pro-abortion". Last time I checked abortion clinics weren't running any two for one specials. The correct term is pro choice, enough already with the crazy christer mentality and their tired manipulations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-30-2009, 06:05 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,165 posts, read 8,079,123 times
Reputation: 2007
Until an organism can survive on its own with no (physical) support, it is a parasite. No, a baby is not the woman who is carrying it, but until it can live without her support, it is technically part of her body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2009, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
2,868 posts, read 8,444,336 times
Reputation: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Neither can a 2-day-old child. Your point?
A 2 day old child is no longer 'leeching' off of it's mother. A 2 day old can live off of the father...the father can feed it formula...and embryo can not survive outside of the womb or without the mother hosting it inside of her body. I think it is pretty cut and dry.

Last edited by *Danielle*; 04-30-2009 at 07:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2009, 07:38 PM
 
1,330 posts, read 1,041,579 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
And another thing, there is no such term "pro-abortion". Last time I checked abortion clinics weren't running any two for one specials. The correct term is pro choice, enough already with the crazy christer mentality and their tired manipulations.
No, it's pro-abortion. You people want abortions to be legal. The choice thing is a smokescreen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2009, 07:40 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,165 posts, read 8,079,123 times
Reputation: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
No, it's pro-abortion. You people want abortions to be legal. The choice thing is a smokescreen.
And social conservatives claim to be pro-life, but for the death penalty. Is a criminal (guilty or innocent) not a living thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2009, 07:46 PM
 
1,117 posts, read 1,747,010 times
Reputation: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I've been asked to repeat this several times. Here it is. This simple definition should effectively end the abortion debate for all time. But it won't, because the pro-abortion side isn't interested in facts or logic.

Here it is. Short. Simple. Ironclad.

A human embryo from the moment of conception is exactly the same genetically as the adult human being it will become (barring premature death) except in stage of development. There is no other difference. Period.

This definition has ended many abortion arguments. Nobody has ever been able to dispute or find an exception that invalidates any part of it.
One question: How do you feel about the U.S. military? How do you feel about U.S. soldiers who go to war and kill our enemies to protect YOUR freedom?

Why aren't you pitching a fit for all the BORN human beings who die every single day from starvation, disease, war, murder, etc?

It always blows my mind the way anti-abortion zealots fight like hell to protect blobs of cells and developing humans the size of a walnut, when REAL LIVE HUMAN BEINGS die horrible deaths every day.

As much as you zealots don't want to accept it, killing is part of life. We kill animals for food. We kill humans in self-defense, to punish, and to protect our country, freedom and democracy. And we kill embryos and fetus' for the health, well-being and betterment of women's lives and the world in general.

Last edited by FormerCaliforniaGirl; 04-30-2009 at 08:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2009, 07:50 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 12,183,162 times
Reputation: 7257

YouTube - Every Sperm is Sacred
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2009, 07:50 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
2,868 posts, read 8,444,336 times
Reputation: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
One question: How do you feel about the U.S. military? How do you feel about U.S. soldiers who go to war and kill our enemies to protect YOUR freedom?

Why aren't you pitching a fit for all the BORN human beings who die every single day from starvation, disease, war, murder, etc?

It always blows my mind the way anti-abortion zealots fight like hell to protect blobs of cells and developing humans the size of a walnut, when REAL LIVE HUMAN BEINGS die horrible deaths every day.

As much as you zealots don't want to accept it, killing is part of life. We kill animals for food. We kill humans in self-defense,to punish, and to protect our country, freedom and democracy. And we kill embryos and fetus' for the health, well-being and betterment of women's lives and the world in general.
I agree!! Most pro-lifers are pro death penalty as well...Makes a lot of sense to me?!? It is not OK to abort a blob of cells but it is OK to fry and adult to death. MmmmK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,165 posts, read 8,079,123 times
Reputation: 2007
Well, since pro-lifers are going to argue that all life is sacred, just note that by ejaculating into a woman, you've basically wiped out whole civilizations. A fertile male's semen contains 50 to 500 million sperm. The ones who don't reach the egg (and sometimes, none of them do) die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2009, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,091 posts, read 10,487,344 times
Reputation: 4104
If any life is sacred, then all life must be sacred because it's life...weather a 1 month old child or a multi-murderer. If you force a person to keep a child or murderer, you will have to be responsible for what happens by forcing the decision. In every way. You can't force some one to keep a child and not help financially and you will be part of the responsibility if the sociopath murders again. If you refuse then you won't put your money where your mouth is when you come to your beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top