U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 10:12 AM

353 posts, read 884,931 times

Advertisements

EEEEE: a few questions:

1. What are your views on contraception?
2. Whose definition is "A human embryo from the moment of conception is exactly the same genetically as the adult human being it will become (barring premature death) except in stage of development. There is no other difference. Period. " that you use in your OP?
3. What about Euthanasia if the person has signed a living will?
4. Isn't capital punishment wrong assuming you can not guarantee that everyone who dies is guilty? If abortion should have "no ifs ands or buts" shouldn't capital punishment too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 10:28 AM

44,592 posts, read 43,126,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I've been asked to repeat this several times. Here it is. This simple definition should effectively end the abortion debate for all time. But it won't, because the pro-abortion side isn't interested in facts or logic.

Here it is. Short. Simple. Ironclad.

A human embryo from the moment of conception is exactly the same genetically as the adult human being it will become (barring premature death) except in stage of development. There is no other difference. Period.

This definition has ended many abortion arguments. Nobody has ever been able to dispute or find an exception that invalidates any part of it.
Human life starts at conception, with the embryo. This is one of the main reasons I am against abortion.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:56 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,747,485 times
Quote:
Do you still not know how to use Google, dear? Plenty of stories out there about Obama's threats on Americans. Go find them for yourself. K?
Just because it's on Google, doesn't make it true. It's al conjecture.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Hmm. 1000 responses in 2 days. Pretty good work. This tells me I am getting through to people. I know it's uncomfortable for y'all to have your ideas scrutinized, probably for the first time, but hopefully you're taking your first real look at facts, logic, and science, then applying them to your preconceived and irrational biases.

When your finished and if you've applied yourselves, I think you'll come to the same conclusions I have. Hopefully I can lead you there. Remember. The whole goal is to respect ALL human life and eliminate abortion as much as possible in the process.

Cheers.
I think all you've succeeded in doing is making those of us who are pro-choice, even more convinced we're right. And you've hurt the anti-abortion movement with your hypocrisy (yeah, like you respect ALL human life).

You're quite smug, and you're deluding yourself into thinking this thread has converted many people, but if you go back and read through, you'll see that nobody has come around to your way of thinking.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
oh and on a side note, not sure where you're getting that figure from.

There's been 1,414 VIEWS of this thread and only 177 replies (responses).
This is typical for him. He twists and manipulates facts to suit his agenda.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Apparently I'm an excellent debater because I've won this debate. Nobody has been able to refute my OP.
You haven't won this debate. But if it makes you feel better to think you have, then go right on believing it.

I've read through a lot of the posts, and you've fought a hard battle, babbled and rambled, twisted and manipulated facts, touted "proof" that is only, in actual fact, only "theory", and smugly claimed victory.

I feel sorry for you.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:59 AM

412 posts, read 813,307 times
Scientists have been able to clone human embryos from adult skin cells. So, human skin cells meet your definition of human life. Skin cells = human life.

I'm pro-choice. Why? I don't want the government to tell me what I can and can't do with my body.

I think pro-life people would be better off spending their time preventing unwanted pregnancies in the first place, through better education and access to contraceptives.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:53 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,042,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
I never claimed to care, and I never said I was pro-choice, you do. I just asked a simple question, what are you going to do with all the unwanted children if abortion becomes illegal? Since you are the one who cares about their lives (or potential lives) so much it is your burden to help all of them. Hint: there are far more than four unwanted children in the world. So far, you failed to come up with a solution and instead rely on passive aggressively insulting me. And please don't call me "luv" it sounds ridiculous.

Oh and please provide proof for your statement that "It's the pro-lifers who do most of the adopting in this country."
I'm tired of doing homework for LWers. I went against my better judgment and tried that yesterday. Here's what happens when you do that: 1) they question the source. Unless it's from some leftwing MSM source, it's invalid. 2) They divert the topic into a side issue and demand a link for that. The end result in getting links for lazy leftwingers is they're never satisfied and you end up chasing your tail.

Hey. That's just what you did when I answered your question "What are you doing about all those kids who weren't aborted?" I replied that I've adopted four. And of course, that wasn't good enough for you. Why didn't I adopt more? I could adopt 1000 and it wouldn't be good enough. Then it would be "Well, how many crack babies did you adopt?"

The point remains. You liberals want conservatives to do all the heavy lifting while you sit on your brains, do nothing while sniping at the doers.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:53 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,717,419 times
Pro-lifers: How many of you have adopted an unwanted child? (not a baby--a child?)
How many of you have opened your home to foster children?

If you have not done any of this, then YOU have created evidence that you don't want the children either. How could you be so cruel, as to insist that people bring children into this world, then turn against the children.

Yes there is a big shortage of adopable babys. But what about the unwanted older children? The ones people were told that they MUST have, and then at about age 4, things go so poorly that the government has to take these kids away from their natural parents.

I think the duplicity of some of the pro-lifers is astonishing.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:05 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,042,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skchi View Post
Scientists have been able to clone human embryos from adult skin cells. So, human skin cells meet your definition of human life. Skin cells = human life.

Sorry, the guy who tried that six years ago used cow eggs. His claims have never been peer reviewed. In other words, he's a publicity-seeking quack. Next?

I'm pro-choice. Why? I don't want the government to tell me what I can and can't do with my body.

You can do whatever you want with YOUR body. Go knock yourself out. It isn't your body we're talking about here, however.

I think pro-life people would be better off spending their time preventing unwanted pregnancies in the first place, through better education and access to contraceptives.
We prevent unwanted pregnancy through the teaching of moral values and behavior. Ask AIDS-ridden Africa how well teaching promiscuity and distributing millions of condoms have worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates