Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 04:16 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,531,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the question was...BESIDES the unborn children.
I'm empathetic with everyone who deserves my empathy. I start with the most defenseless and go from there. The ones I have the least empathy for are those who would sacrfice others for their own selfishness.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:17 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
E doesn't answer lots of questions
That is probably because he has insuficient command of his view points to be able to craft a cogent arguement. I run into people like that (sometimes) in the classes I teach at the university. The best thing, IMHO, to do with them is to continue refocus them on the question. Eventually they just get tired and go away.

Only once did such a person tell me that the question was invalid. That was an interesting discussion.

In this case EEEEEEE is just destroying his credibility for his stance on ... well ... almost anything.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:18 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I'm empathetic with everyone who deserves my empathy. I start with the most defenseless and go from there. The ones I have the least empathy for are those who would sacrfice others for their own selfishness.
OK<..... you are empathetic. ... I'll give you that....
Now that we've agreed on that one topic, tell me...using your best empathy now: At what age is a child too young to be tortured? Or is torture ok at any age?

Old 05-03-2009, 04:18 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,356 times
Quote:
We've already covered that, dear. If you can't remember our conversatiions, I don't have time for you.
I remember our conversations quite well. And you have yet to explain your support of the slaughter of innocent children as collateral damage in a war that protects Americans.

You state over and over that the klling of ALL children is immoral; yet you then turn around and condone killing in war.

And apparently you DO have time for me because you respond to every one of my posts. I must be hitting a few nerves, huh?

Old 05-03-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
"all" countries.

Bush's war cost the lives of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens.
Bush's war drove the terrorists from Afganistan into Pakistan.
Bush's war in Iraq was unjust.
Bush's war in Afganistan wasted valuable resouces, even though it was necessary, it was poorly prosecuted.
Bush was incompetent.

As to your assertion that someone can't read--get real. If they couldn't read, how could they argue with you on a text driven forum?
Bush turned a bitter ally who threatened America into a stable prosperous peaceful democracy. There isn't much better result you can have from a war. In addition, Bin Laden threatened to kill millions of Americans. Bush prevented that from happening. At most, 65,000 died in the Iraq War. Well under the carnage Bin Laden promised. We will never be able to thank George W. Bush enough.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:20 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,356 times
Quote:
By the way, it's not "empathetic". It's "empathic". There's no such word as "empathetic". Get a dictionary.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
That is probably because he has insuficient command of his view points to be able to craft a cogent arguement. I run into people like that (sometimes) in the classes I teach at the university. The best thing, IMHO, to do with them is to continue refocus them on the question. Eventually they just get tired and go away.

Only once did such a person tell me that the question was invalid. That was an interesting discussion.

In this case EEEEEEE is just destroying his credibility for his stance on ... well ... almost anything.
Good God, it's scary if this kind of liberal pap is getting anywhere NEAR our young people. I'm so glad my son got 5s on his AP tests. Now he doesn't have to take History and English classes in college; areas of study that are hotbeds of kooky liberal professors. Thank God he's in Engineering, an area that is relatively devoid of the leftwing crap.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:23 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
EEE - it wasn't dumbass Bush's role or place to turn any country into a "peaceful democracy."

That's not OUR problem...we need to focus on Americans, not people 6,000 miles away.

They didn't want it anyway, yet Bush still felt the need to risk the lives of millions of AMERICAN young men for his little folly, not to mention digging us down the crapper economically.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Why havn't you answered this simple question yet? You are in favor of torture...so tell me at what age is a child too young to be tortured?
Are you talking about the little babies you want tortured through abortion?

Old 05-03-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
By the way, it's not "empathetic". It's "empathic". There's no such word as "empathetic". Get a dictionary.
It can be either one, dear. Get a dictionary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates