U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 04:28 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,042,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
EEE - it wasn't dumbass Bush's role or place to turn any country into a "peaceful democracy."

That's not OUR problem...we need to focus on Americans, not people 6,000 miles away.

They didn't want it anyway, yet Bush still felt the need to risk the lives of millions of AMERICAN young men for his little folly, not to mention digging us down the crapper economically.
FormerCaliforniaGirl just blasted me (unjustly) for favoring Americans over foreigners. Why didn't you come to my defense? And why isn't she outraged at you?

As far as the Iraqis, yeah, I guess they were so happy living under Saddam's deadly dictatorship. Nobody wants freedom. Damn that George Bush for forcing freedom on people who wanted to be enslaved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 04:29 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,716,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Bush turned a bitter ally who threatened America into a stable prosperous peaceful democracy. There isn't much better result you can have from a war. In addition, Bin Laden threatened to kill millions of Americans. Bush prevented that from happening. At most, 65,000 died in the Iraq War. Well under the carnage Bin Laden promised. We will never be able to thank George W. Bush enough.
Which country is stable and prosperous as a result of Bush's wars? Afganistan? --don't think so--they are still fighting, killing and growing opium.
Iraq?--don't think so--they are still fighting, killing and now they even have "insurgents" in the police forces.

Prosperous: Recession/Depression--oh, maybe you didn't mean in the USA, maybe you meant in Iraq (dirt roads=prosperity?) Afganistan (dirt trails=prosperity).

At most 65,000 died in Iraq war? So far the documented deaths of non-combatant civilians between 151,000 (New England Journal of Medicine). Surprisingly a Lancet study showed 694,965 deaths.

So once again your information is significantly wrong. Your inaccuracies are destroying your credibility on all issues you speak about.

Yet, you still have been unable to craft a cogent answer to my question. "At what age is a child too young to be tortured?"

Old 05-03-2009, 04:31 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,716,763 times
Quote:
Are you talking about the little babies you want tortured through abortion?
You are misquoting me. Yet, you have not answered the question. Is it true that you are unable to respond to a question? So, answer the question: "At what age is a child too young to be tortured?"

Old 05-03-2009, 04:32 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Quote:
FormerCaliforniaGirl just blasted me (unjustly) for favoring Americans over foreigners. Why didn't you come to my defense? And why isn't she outraged at you?
First off, I just jumped in without reading too many previous posts so I will go back and see if FormerCaliforniaGirl did that....but you are MOST LIKELY only twisting her words and my words.

Second off, if she and I disagreed on something, we wouldn't attack each other. Therefore, she wouldn't be outraged...we'd simply disagree.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:32 PM

412 posts, read 813,196 times
Quote:
Yeah. Maybe government should be able to tell a rapist what he can or can't do with his body. I know what you mean.
You seriously want to argue that rape should be legal? I guess it makes sense - then you would want the government to force a raped woman to go through with a pregnancy, right?

Old 05-03-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Which country is stable and prosperous as a result of Bush's wars? Afganistan? --don't think so--they are still fighting, killing and growing opium.
Iraq?--don't think so--they are still fighting, killing and now they even have "insurgents" in the police forces.

Prosperous: Recession/Depression--oh, maybe you didn't mean in the USA, maybe you meant in Iraq (dirt roads=prosperity?) Afganistan (dirt trails=prosperity).

At most 65,000 died in Iraq war? So far the documented deaths of non-combatant civilians between 151,000 (New England Journal of Medicine). Surprisingly a Lancet study showed 694,965 deaths.

So once again your information is significantly wrong. Your inaccuracies are destroying your credibility on all issues you speak about.

Yet, you still have been unable to craft a cogent answer to my question. "At what age is a child too young to be tortured?"
Icasualties.org, a LIBERAL site, puts Iraqi casualties at about 40,000 since January, 2005. The 700,000 figure floating around for years is utterly ludicrous. That would mean we killed at least 600,000 in the intial invasion. Nobody believes that. You need to get away from kook sites like DemocratUnderground. Are you teaching your students this crap?

Old 05-03-2009, 04:34 PM

dcashley asked a good question - do you have an answer? "At what age is a child too young to be tortured?"

Old 05-03-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchi View Post
You seriously want to argue that rape should be legal? I guess it makes sense - then you would want the government to force a raped woman to go through with a pregnancy, right?
So you're outraged at the idea of rape being legal, but have no problem with something far more violent and ALWAYS deadly? It ain't me that's screwed up.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
So you're outraged at the idea of rape being legal, but have no problem with something far more violent and ALWAYS deadly? It ain't me that's screwed up.
I'm OUTRAGED at all of the skin cells, potential human beings that they are, just dying, with no chance of ever becoming an adult. These cells are exactly the same genetically as same as the adult human beings they could become. Why isn't anyone doing anything to save the skin cells?

Seriously, think about the women/girls that you love - wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, etc. How would you feel if they were raped? How would you feel if they chose to have an abortion? I assume that one of those would be more upsetting to you and to them. I can't believe you would even compare the two.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchi View Post
I'm OUTRAGED at all of the skin cells, potential human beings that they are, just dying, with no chance of ever becoming an adult. These cells are exactly the same genetically as same as the adult human beings they could become. Why isn't anyone doing anything to save the skin cells?

Seriously, think about the women/girls that you love - wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, etc. How would you feel if they were raped? How would you feel if they chose to have an abortion? I assume that one of those would be more upsetting to you and to them. I can't believe you would even compare the two.
Nobody cloned a skin cell to create an embryo. It was done with skin cells of a man, and an egg from a woman. It affects my defnition in no way. Still starting with a one-celled embryo.

Two different things happening to two different people. Rape of a sister would be horrible. Destruction of her baby would be tragic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates