U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 05:06 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,717,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Icasualties.org, a LIBERAL site, puts Iraqi casualties at about 40,000 since January, 2005. The 700,000 figure floating around for years is utterly ludicrous. That would mean we killed at least 600,000 in the intial invasion. Nobody believes that. You need to get away from kook sites like DemocratUnderground. Are you teaching your students this crap?
I think the New England Journal of Medicine and Lancet are far more credible sources than unproctered and generally unknown web sites.

...besides you didn't answer my question..are you unable or just too arrogant to do so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 05:09 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,042,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
I think the New England Journal of Medicine and Lancet are far more credible sources than unproctered and generally unknown web sites.

...besides you didn't answer my question..are you unable or just too arrogant to do so?
Icasualties documents the exact number of deaths for each month. I don't think hate sites do that.

I turned the question back at you.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Icasualties documents the exact number of deaths for each month. I don't think hate sites do that.

I turned the question back at you.
The New Englan Journal of Medicine is a hate site?

What do you base that assertion on?

Only a coeard is afraid to answer an honestly asked question.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:16 PM

13,496 posts, read 13,978,373 times
Quote:
I'm empathetic with everyone who deserves my empathy. I start with the most defenseless and go from there. The ones I have the least empathy for are those who would sacrfice others for their own selfishness.

lol, you should run for office you have a great way of saying nothing!

I'm empathetic with everyone who deserves my empathy. that is the question...who in your opinion deserves your empathy?

I have the least empathy for are those who would sacrfice others for their own selfishness. we already know this!

Old 05-03-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
lol, you should run for office you have a great way of saying nothing!

I'm empathetic with everyone who deserves my empathy. that is the question...who in your opinion deserves your empathy?

I have the least empathy for are those who would sacrfice others for their own selfishness. we already know this!
You are right--this guy is ... different from most all literate people.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:24 PM

EEEEEEEEEEEE.,
Come on answer the question--At what age is a child too young to be tortured?

Don't be afraid...be brave...

Old 05-03-2009, 05:31 PM

412 posts, read 813,307 times
Quote:
Nobody cloned a skin cell to create an embryo. It was done with skin cells of a man, and an egg from a woman. It affects my defnition in no way. Still starting with a one-celled embryo.
Do you know what cloning is? A clone has the same DNA as the source. The egg was just a vessel when used in skin cell cloning - the DNA was removed from the egg.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
The New Englan Journal of Medicine is a hate site?

What do you base that assertion on?

Only a coeard is afraid to answer an honestly asked question.
Ooops. Turns out you lied. The NEJM puts the number at 151,000.

On the basis of simulations that took into account survey sampling errors and estimated probable uncertainty in the adjustment factors for missing clusters, in the level of underreporting, and in projected population figures, we estimated that there were 151,000 violent deaths in Iraq during this period

NEJM -- Violence-Related Mortality in Iraq from 2002 to 2006

Other sites put the number at less than 100,000.

Iraq Body Count

Old 05-03-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchi View Post
Do you know what cloning is? A clone has the same DNA as the source. The egg was just a vessel when used in skin cell cloning - the DNA was removed from the egg.
OK. Even if cloning can be accomplished, in what way does it invalidate my definition as you said it did?

Old 05-03-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
EEEEEEEEEEEE.,
Come on answer the question--At what age is a child too young to be tortured?

Don't be afraid...be brave...
At what age is a child too old to be tortured. Go ahead. Be brave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates