U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 05:59 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,041,146 times

Advertisements

Methinks.......I've just won my fourth straight debate thread in three days. I'm feelin' good. What can I say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 06:10 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,746,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
It can be either one, dear. Get a dictionary.
No, it can't. Get a dictionary.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:11 PM

412 posts, read 812,954 times
Quote:
OK. Even if cloning can be accomplished, in what way does it invalidate my definition as you said it did?

You say that your definition of embryo should effectively end the abortion debate. Presumably you feel that your definition of embryo proves that the cells that make up the embryo are unique and deserve special protection under the law? It turns out that they're not unique.

A human embryo from the moment of conception is exactly the same genetically as the adult human being it will become (barring premature death) except in stage of development. There is no other difference. Period.

A skin cell is exactly the same genetically as the adult human being it will become (barring premature death) except in stage of development. There is no other difference. Period.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:12 PM

412 posts, read 812,954 times
Quote:
At what age is a child too old to be tortured. Go ahead. Be brave.
?

Old 05-03-2009, 06:15 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,746,816 times
Quote:
Methinks.......I've just won my fourth straight debate thread in three days. I'm feelin' good. What can I say?
How do you figure? You haven't won one single ally in this thread. Nobody is coming to your defense and championing your cause.

Your "facts" are merely conjecture, and the web sites you directed us to are not, for the most part, scientifically reputable.

And lastly, most everybody in this thread favors a woman's right to choose. They did before you started this thread, and they still do. So how did you win?

Old 05-03-2009, 06:16 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,181,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
This is typical for him. He twists and manipulates facts to suit his agenda.
Yes, I'm well aware of the tactics. At least someone appears to have got a little more out of him regarding his agenda, which is a good thing, so that more are aware of what they're dealing with. Although I'm not sure I've seen too many facts presented here. I've seen opinion passed off as fact.

Quote:
Methinks.......I've just won my fourth straight debate thread in three days. I'm feelin' good.
Yes, yes. You win.

Now go revel in your victory, although I suspect you'll hang around and subject us to delusional gloating.

Quote:
What can I say?
HOPEFULLY nothing.

So anyway, just to recap:

In my opinion, because that appears to be what we're dealing with here,

Embryoes = a living organism with the potential to be a human life, that is dependent entirely on a host as to whether or not it is able to realize its potential to be a human being. In which case until such times as it is able to reach a developmental stage capable of understanding and conveying to others a choice, all decisions regarding said embryo, should defer to the host. AND as it turns out the law allows for it to be decided that way.

Last edited by moonshadow; 05-03-2009 at 07:00 PM..

Old 05-03-2009, 06:28 PM

13,496 posts, read 13,968,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley
EEEEEEEEEEEE.,
Come on answer the question--At what age is a child too young to be tortured?

Don't be afraid...be brave...

E's reply...

At what age is a child too old to be tortured. Go ahead. Be brave.

you answer with another question. you have no answer

Old 05-03-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
lol, you should run for office you have a great way of saying nothing!

I'm empathetic with everyone who deserves my empathy. that is the question...who in your opinion deserves your empathy?

I have the least empathy for are those who would sacrfice others for their own selfishness. we already know this!

question still stands!

Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
"You just keep thinking Butch, that's what you're good at." The Sundance Kid

Old 05-03-2009, 07:26 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,761,828 times
Quote:
EEEE - you didn't win ANY debate. PERIOD.

All you've done is make all pro-lifers look psychotic. It makes me embarassed to share the same belief as you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates