U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-03-2009, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Under a bridge.
3,196 posts, read 4,716,763 times
Reputation: 976

Advertisements

eeeeeeeeeeeeee, Your inability to deal with the real world worries me. Please get the medical help you know you need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-03-2009, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Reputation: 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
eeeeeeeeeeeeee, Your inability to deal with the real world worries me. Please get the medical help you know you need.
Yes it worries me as well. His ability to raise his 5 children is also a concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2009, 08:15 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 12,184,827 times
Reputation: 7257
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
...All you've done is make all pro-lifers look psychotic. It makes me embarassed to share the same belief as you.
Don't be afo. For all that we don't agree at the crux of the issue, your arguments have been sound and respectful and I can understand why you feel the way you do. I most certainly can discern the difference between you and others who share your views in a less logical way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2009, 08:19 PM
 
1,330 posts, read 1,042,129 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by skchi View Post
You say that your definition of embryo should effectively end the abortion debate. Presumably you feel that your definition of embryo proves that the cells that make up the embryo are unique and deserve special protection under the law? It turns out that they're not unique.

A human embryo from the moment of conception is exactly the same genetically as the adult human being it will become (barring premature death) except in stage of development. There is no other difference. Period.

A skin cell is exactly the same genetically as the adult human being it will become (barring premature death) except in stage of development. There is no other difference. Period.
I'm sorry, you are incorrect. The skin cell still has to be fused with the woman's mitochondrial DNA which is necessary to reprogram the skin cell back to an embryo.

So there has to be a DNA transformation that takes place to change a skin cell to an embryo.

My definition is still intact. I have to check, but I believe this is my fifth straight debate victory in four days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2009, 08:21 PM
 
1,330 posts, read 1,042,129 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Don't be afo. For all that we don't agree at the crux of the issue, your arguments have been sound and respectful and I can understand why you feel the way you do. I most certainly can discern the difference between you and others who share your views in a less logical way.
Except, well, he still can't give the reason Plan B or the Pill doesn't effectively kill a living human embryo, and he can't give a scientific reason that causes him to say a fertilized egg has no life, but an attached fertilized egg does.

Ah, but hell. Who needs logic or science. Certainly not the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2009, 08:29 PM
 
1,330 posts, read 1,042,129 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
No, it can't. Get a dictionary.

Here's a question which will get no answer in this room, because to provide the correct answer is to make a leftwinger look bad.

"FormerCaliforniagirl insists "empathetic" is not a word, and is not in any dictionary. Is she right or wrong? "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2009, 08:44 PM
 
9,912 posts, read 12,184,827 times
Reputation: 7257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Except, well, he still can't give the reason Plan B or the Pill doesn't effectively kill a living human embryo, and he can't give a scientific reason that causes him to say a fertilized egg has no life, but an attached fertilized egg does.

Ah, but hell. Who needs logic or science. Certainly not the left.
Uggh! What's Plan B for starters...although I suspect I shouldn't ask.

The action of the contraceptive pill is to block fertilization in the first place although there are pills that will effectively kill a living human embryo.

And as usual the second part of your post makes no sense.

Like I said you start talking logic and science and knock off the sweeping generalizations and stereotypes and maybe you'd make some sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2009, 08:45 PM
 
985 posts, read 2,300,990 times
Reputation: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Here's a question which will get no answer in this room, because to provide the correct answer is to make a leftwinger look bad.

"FormerCaliforniagirl insists "empathetic" is not a word, and is not in any dictionary. Is she right or wrong? "
I didn't see her say that anywhere, what I saw was where she said you were using the word incorrectly. I'm not ignoring your reply to me, btw, I just don't have time to properly respond right now, correcting your numerous errors takes time lol, I'll do it tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2009, 08:50 PM
 
1,330 posts, read 1,042,129 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Uggh! What's Plan B for starters...although I suspect I shouldn't ask.

The action of the contraceptive pill is to block fertilization in the first place although there are pills that will effectively kill a living human embryo.

And as usual the second part of your post makes no sense.

Like I said you start talking logic and science and knock off the sweeping generalizations and stereotypes and maybe you'd make some sense.
No wonder it doesn't make sense to you, mate. You don't know what Plan B is. Get educated, then come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2009, 08:53 PM
 
13,496 posts, read 13,975,028 times
Reputation: 11119
still leaving lots of questions unanswered E... can't "win" a debate that way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top