U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 06:36 PM

13,496 posts, read 13,968,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I already answered the question. It seems that's all I've done in the past four days. Repeated answers. Now, YOU people tell me why you have no empathy for little babies to the degree that you would slaughter them? I thought you people were supposed to be compassionate and caring, but destroying babies is monstrous and evil.

no you have not answered the question except to answer it with another question. what is it that you DO have empathy for besides unborn children. I can tell you that yes I do have empthay for everyone, including the "babies" that you worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 06:52 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,181,640 times
So just to recap:

Having a pregnancy termination is killing babies.
Rape is not that big of a deal.
Torture is ok as long as it's not Americans being tortured.
Euthanasia is wrong
War is good
Stem cell research also bad
The pill is evil
So are condoms, particularly in Africa
(did I miss any of these pearls of wisdom and compassion?)

I find this "life at all costs" mentality completely unfathomable, particularly in terms of quality vs quantity. Perhaps it all comes down to hell and our eternal souls and damnation for some people? All about making good and sure that everyone suffers hideously on earth so that they might die and be redeemed in Heaven?

I gotta admit after reading this diatribe the last few days I'm starting to wish I was aborted again but then if that was to happen I'd have eeeee's empathy and I'm not sure that's something I would ever want.

Nope, I'll sleep just fine with my CHOICES about life, the universe and everything although I must say all this ranting has galvanized my resolve to fight harder against this kind of right wing pseudo Christian agenda.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:00 PM

44,564 posts, read 43,091,728 times
I look at it this way: The best way to prevent a pregnancy is abstinence. Many people will criticize this, but it is fullproof.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:01 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Tssk...tssk. Such insolence from our esteemed OP.

I think you must be getting pretty exhausted having to defend yourself on these threads. NOBODY is supporting you, NOBODY is agreeing with you, NOBODY has changed their minds as a result of your babbling, and NOBODY has yet to see hard and fast scientific proof that an embryo is exactly the same as a living, breathing BORN human being.

We get it, okay? You can't stand abortion. To you it's "slaughtering children". Which is kind of an odd stance considering you've admitted you have no qualms about killing innocent children in the streets of Iraq.

I know you think you won this debate, but the hard and fast truth is that you haven't won anything. You've made a fool of yourself in these threads, and you've done nothing to alter the belief that many pro-lifers are religious right-wing nutcases.
Wow...I actually agree with this...Strange, but true...Geez eeee(insert numbers here). Yeah, umm...if you have posters that normally would not agree with each other, well, agree...you did not win. In fact, you kind of lost.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:08 PM

13,496 posts, read 13,968,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I look at it this way: The best way to prevent a pregnancy is abstinence. Many people will criticize this, but it is fullproof.
I think people might criticize it not because it isn't fool proof but because it isn't realistic.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:24 PM

3,486 posts, read 4,937,867 times
Quote:
Another really good way to prevent pregnancy is sterilization. Many people will criticize this, but it's fullproof. Yet another way to avoid pregnancy is not to live. Again, many people will criticize it -- but hey, not living will work to prevent pregnancy 100%.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:35 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,523,609 times
Quote:
The word is "fool proof" because it protects us against fools. You are welcome to abstain all you like . But it has not really caught on with 7 billion other people. But you remain optimistic that it will, so you continue to put all your eggs in that basket, and solve all social problems by lecturing people on what they would have done if they were as smart as you are.

About 30% of all abortions in the USA are married women, and you feel fine telling married couples to abstain as soon as they have what they feel is an appropriate number of children. Don't give up your day job, you do not have a bright future ahead of you as marriage counsellor.

Last edited by jtur88; 05-04-2009 at 07:43 PM..

Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,695,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
How can rape be less violent that an abortion? You don't think cutting up and sucking out the guts of a person is more severe than raping someone?
So you're right. There really is no comparison. Abortion is 1000 times more violent any ALWAYS results in death.
you got to be kidding me!!!! some women are brutally raped and killed... and you are compairing that to a little blob of flesh the size of a penut... so you say women that are brutally raped should bare the child of the rapest..maybe you and the church should adopt all these aborted blobs..if it was not for abortion there woud be alot of unwanted children around and the world would probably have 10 billion people...ohhhhh i forgot there all going to stay at your house.. send them all to eeeeeeeeeeeeesssss place..

Old 05-04-2009, 08:43 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,181,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
you got to be kidding me!!!! some women are brutally raped and killed... and you are compairing that to a little blob of flesh the size of a penut... so you say women that are brutally raped should bare the child of the rapest..maybe you and the church should adopt all these aborted blobs..if it was not for abortion there woud be alot of unwanted children around and the world would probably have 10 billion people...ohhhhh i forgot there all going to stay at your house.. send them all to eeeeeeeeeeeeesssss place..
I think the post showed a complete misunderstanding about how a termination procedure is performed. To the best of my knowledge there's no cutting, there's certainly no "guts" involved. There is a widening of the cervix and scraping performed of the uterine lining (which would normally expel itself from the uterus during montly menstruation if pregnancy hadn't occurred) and then the uterine lining with the embryo are suctioned out of the uterine cavity.
Given that eee thinks there's cutting and sucking of "guts" going on, I'm not surprised he's then completely dimished and disregarded rape as just some kind misunderstood version of procreation.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,041,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Tssk...tssk. Such insolence from our esteemed OP.

I think you must be getting pretty exhausted having to defend yourself on these threads. NOBODY is supporting you, NOBODY is agreeing with you, NOBODY has changed their minds as a result of your babbling, and NOBODY has yet to see hard and fast scientific proof that an embryo is exactly the same as a living, breathing BORN human being.

We get it, okay? You can't stand abortion. To you it's "slaughtering children". Which is kind of an odd stance considering you've admitted you have no qualms about killing innocent children in the streets of Iraq.

I know you think you won this debate, but the hard and fast truth is that you haven't won anything. You've made a fool of yourself in these threads, and you've done nothing to alter the belief that many pro-lifers are religious right-wing nutcases.
Are you still smarting from getting busted last night claiming "empathetic" isn't a word? LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates