U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 08:54 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,041,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I look at it this way: The best way to prevent a pregnancy is abstinence. Many people will criticize this, but it is fullproof.
OMG, no. We can't have that, Pirate. That interferes with the leftwing's "No responsibility, No consequences' mantra. Even though abstinence is the obvious cure to teenage pregnancy, AIDS, and abortion, the liberals will call you every name in the book for even mentioning the A word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
you got to be kidding me!!!! some women are brutally raped and killed... and you are compairing that to a little blob of flesh the size of a penut... so you say women that are brutally raped should bare the child of the rapest..maybe you and the church should adopt all these aborted blobs..if it was not for abortion there woud be alot of unwanted children around and the world would probably have 10 billion people...ohhhhh i forgot there all going to stay at your house.. send them all to eeeeeeeeeeeeesssss place..
Guess what. ALL babies who are aborted are killed.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no you have not answered the question except to answer it with another question. what is it that you DO have empathy for besides unborn children. I can tell you that yes I do have empthay for everyone, including the "babies" that you worry about.
Don't you think slicing babies' bodies open and tearing their guts out is a strange way of showing empathy for them?

Old 05-04-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I think the post showed a complete misunderstanding about how a termination procedure is performed. To the best of my knowledge there's no cutting, there's certainly no "guts" involved. There is a widening of the cervix and scraping performed of the uterine lining (which would normally expel itself from the uterus during montly menstruation if pregnancy hadn't occurred) and then the uterine lining with the embryo are suctioned out of the uterine cavity.
Given that eee thinks there's cutting and sucking of "guts" going on, I'm not surprised he's then completely dimished and disregarded rape as just some kind misunderstood version of procreation.
Oh, so it's just "scraping out and vacuuming" the baby. That's a relief.

Do you people ever stop and listen to yourselves?

Old 05-04-2009, 09:03 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,697,085 times
hay eeeeeeeeeeees do you think that women that have been raped should have to bare the rapists child.... simple question what do you think

Old 05-04-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
if some woman gets raped by some creep do you thing that woman sould have to bare that child.!!!! she should have the right to abort....abortion is a necessary practice this world would overpopulate even quicker than it already is if abortions were illegal.
And how does rape make the child any less of a human being with any less of a right to live? I have yet to figure that one out. Did the child do something wrong?

Old 05-04-2009, 09:07 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,763,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Gosh, you're such a good person, Afoigrokerkok. I just hope I don't gag.

First of all, you aren't pro-life. You're not much different than these other people making their own rules about when life begins to align with what they want. From what I see, you're not even conservative. Everything you talk about is a liberal position. You think the Pill is fine, so ergo you favor embryonic stem cell research, you are against GW Bush at every turn, you oppose the war, you bash conservatives and you suck up to liberals. Are you sure your name isn't Arlen Specter?
Yes I think the Pill is fine...CONCEPTION hasn't even happened yet. Plus banning the Pill would result in TONS and TONS MORE actual abortions even if abortion was also banned.

Yes...I believe in embryonic stem cell research because it benefits the greater good. I do think, however, that the same stem cells can be obtained from umblicial cords and that is what I prefer to see.

And....my views against the war are BECAUSE I am conservative. The war created a nightmare of EXCESSIVE SPENDING...that seems very liberal to me.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
So just to recap:

Having a pregnancy termination is killing babies.
Rape is not that big of a deal.
Torture is ok as long as it's not Americans being tortured.
Euthanasia is wrong
War is good
Stem cell research also bad
The pill is evil
So are condoms, particularly in Africa
(did I miss any of these pearls of wisdom and compassion?)

I find this "life at all costs" mentality completely unfathomable, particularly in terms of quality vs quantity. Perhaps it all comes down to hell and our eternal souls and damnation for some people? All about making good and sure that everyone suffers hideously on earth so that they might die and be redeemed in Heaven?

I gotta admit after reading this diatribe the last few days I'm starting to wish I was aborted again but then if that was to happen I'd have eeeee's empathy and I'm not sure that's something I would ever want.

Nope, I'll sleep just fine with my CHOICES about life, the universe and everything although I must say all this ranting has galvanized my resolve to fight harder against this kind of right wing pseudo Christian agenda.
You're so great at choosing abortions for other people, mate. Do you wish you yourself had been aborted? If the answer is "no", you're a hypocrite. If the answer is "yes", it's not too late.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:13 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,183,162 times
Quote:
Oh, so it's just "scraping out and vacuuming" the baby. That's a relief.

Do you people ever stop and listen to yourselves?
Want me to type it s-l-o-w-e-r for you?

It's not scraping out and vacuuming "the baby" (although I love how quickly you jumped from embryo to baby in your posts. ), it's scraping and vacuuming the uterine lining that the EMBRYO (not a baby) is attached to. Correctly performed I see no reason that the EMBRYO would suffer anymore than it would should the woman miscarry. (You wanna start hauling those women off to pergatory now?)

Old 05-04-2009, 09:22 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,183,162 times
Quote:
You're so great at choosing abortions for other people, mate. Do you wish you yourself had been aborted? If the answer is "no", you're a hypocrite. If the answer is "yes", it's not too late.
How am I choosing abortions for other people? (not that I expect an intelligent or even comprehensible answer)

I have already stated in numerous threads on this topic that had my mother aborted me I'd be none the wiser for it (ie I wouldn't be here to discuss it one way or the other) and as an adult I most certainly have considered on numerous occasions that she would most likely have been far better off if she had. Encouraging me to commit suicide would be considered a monumental sin by the Catholic church wouldn't it? I hope you're planning on going to confession Sunday morning for that charming little quip.

Please don't talk to me about hypocrisy. You don't have a uterus, I'm guessing you've never been raped AND you don't even have the good grace to use condoms so as far as I can see as long as there are people like you in the world I will always support a woman's right to access safe medical abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates