U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-07-2009, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Under a bridge.
3,196 posts, read 4,720,623 times
Reputation: 976

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
"Of course she should. She is only paying for the sin of enticing her rapist. Then she should raise the child as greater evidence of her guilt. All women are guilty of the sin of using sex to distract men from the worship of the Lord."

I actually heard this from the mouth of a preacher. I then asked him how much he charged her for his wisdom. I think he wanted to clobber me but refrained.
If he had clobbered you some good would have come from it...(not that you would be hurt--not that)...the good would be that the preacher-man would spend some time in jail and not be able to infect his flock with incoherrent nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2009, 04:18 PM
 
71 posts, read 146,199 times
Reputation: 100
LOL. It makes me laugh you leftwing kooks talk about "going back door" and getting laws only by court ruling, as opposed to getting legilsation passed. Crazy leftwing judges are the ONLY way the left gets its radical social agenda. I don't remember any legislation making abortion the law of the land, do you? Then there' s gay marriage where you people undermine the will of the people time after time. Not one state has approved a gay marriage referendum.

You can hardly read a post and address an argument. But whatever, I’ll humor you.
And since when has the Supreme Court of the United States has become ‘the backdoor’. Any silly legislation can always be found unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.
And the ‘will of the people’ does not matter when addressing civil rights issues. You can’t use the majority, to justify oppressing a minority.

Sorry. It's moving our way more than it's moving your way. The Obama fiasco is nothing more than a speed bump.
No its not. You’ve already reached your limits. You’ve tried for more than three decades to erase woman, pregnancy, and child birth from the abortion debate and act as if it were a separate individual. You’ve failed miserably.

It makes me right on the money
No, it just makes you sick.

.
You’re here silence demonstrates your overwhelming misogyny.

Only if there's evidence she induced the miscarriage. Can you read responses?
And how are you going to find this evidence? Are you gonna be searching through her vagina? Your basically saying that anytime a pregnancy goes wrong she is an instant suspect.


Damn right we do. Conservative do most of the heavy lifting when it comes to kids, while you leftists sit on your brains and call for little babies to be skewered. This is the very definition of hypocrite.
LOL. You Republicans oppose every social program geared at helping poor children. You make all this ruckus about abortion and increase the misery of real children.


Tell us again how a child that is the product of rape is somehow less human than another child? That bit of illogic escapes me.

The same way a person dying from kidney failure isn’t entitled to a kidney or health care.

And you'll continue to get embarrassed.
LOL.


Stop and think for a moment how bass awkward that is. Civilized people wouldn't never exterminate their young. Only barbarians do that.
Stop and think how nonsensical your argument. You are not going to force a nine year old to give birth no matter what you say. Her rights are supreme over any imaginary children you want to invent.

I'm sorry, but in the real world women are human beings and they are not just your personal incubation machines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2009, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,126 posts, read 25,821,857 times
Reputation: 16226
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
See, I don't think you understand the abortion debate.

It is not pro-choice=abortions will be performed vs. pro-life=abortions will not be performed. It is pro-life=abortions will be performed safely vs. pro-life=abortions will be performed by knitting needles by the poor and the rich will fly somewhere to have them done.

I can agree human life starts earlier than some pro-choicers argue but I still believe in choice b/c all you do by making it illegal is make it very dangerous. History has shown that. Irrefutable proof.

Yes, but Eeeeee WANTS women to be hurt during abortions so that other women can learn from it and not have it done. He said in a different thread that abortions SHOULD be done dirty and in back alleys because women who get abortions deserve whatever happens to them.

He is also against any type of birth control. He's just plain crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2009, 04:29 PM
 
1,330 posts, read 1,044,673 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogandtoad View Post
See, I don't think you understand the abortion debate.

It is not pro-choice=abortions will be performed vs. pro-life=abortions will not be performed. It is pro-life=abortions will be performed safely vs. pro-life=abortions will be performed by knitting needles by the poor and the rich will fly somewhere to have them done.

I can agree human life starts earlier than some pro-choicers argue but I still believe in choice b/c all you do by making it illegal is make it very dangerous. History has shown that. Irrefutable proof.
When abortions become illegal, if people take chances doing unsafe things, that's their dumbness. You play, you pay. It would be no different than going to a crack house and shooting up with a dirty needle. The best advice would be don't do the seamy behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2009, 04:41 PM
 
71 posts, read 146,199 times
Reputation: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
When abortions become illegal, if people take chances doing unsafe things, that's their dumbness. You play, you pay. It would be no different than going to a crack house and shooting up with a dirty needle. The best advice would be don't do the seamy behavior.
No. If I have my money, I'll just hire a doctor within my own home. Thats how it worked when abortions were illegal. Those rules only apply for the poor/middle class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2009, 04:46 PM
 
604 posts, read 1,051,585 times
Reputation: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
When abortions become illegal, if people take chances doing unsafe things, that's their dumbness. You play, you pay. It would be no different than going to a crack house and shooting up with a dirty needle. The best advice would be don't do the seamy behavior.
I'm still curious.....you didn't respond........
How about people in comas? Vegetables? Brain dead? On a breathing machine? Life support? I guess you would keep them all alive forever. How about a family who has to make the decision whether to keep their loved one on life support or let them go? What if the person wants to go??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2009, 04:59 PM
 
Location: NYC area
3,486 posts, read 4,943,561 times
Reputation: 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom99 View Post
No. If I have my money, I'll just hire a doctor within my own home. Thats how it worked when abortions were illegal. Those rules only apply for the poor/middle class.
But it also applies to middle and upper-class women to the extent that it forces them to commit an illegal act (albeit with the consent and even encouragement of their mate). This was especially the case when contraception was illegal (and Ee wants to make all contraception illegal as well): basically, committing a series of felonies was an inalienable part of being a woman of childbearing age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2009, 05:03 PM
 
Location: NYC area
3,486 posts, read 4,943,561 times
Reputation: 3848
Ee reminds me of the computer from I, Robot. That thing kept saying over and over: "My logic is undeniable, you s***s." Up until the minute it conked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2009, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Visitation between Wal-Mart & Home Depot
8,309 posts, read 33,375,671 times
Reputation: 7038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I've been asked to repeat this several times. Here it is. This simple definition should effectively end the abortion debate for all time. But it won't, because the pro-abortion side isn't interested in facts or logic.

Here it is. Short. Simple. Ironclad.

A human embryo from the moment of conception is exactly the same genetically as the adult human being it will become (barring premature death) except in stage of development. There is no other difference. Period.

This definition has ended many abortion arguments. Nobody has ever been able to dispute or find an exception that invalidates any part of it.
Here's the problem that I see with this...

A cell in your appendix is exactly the same genetically as the adult human being it came from (or the human embryo it once was) except in stage of differentiation. There is no other difference. Period.

This definition has never, nor ever will, end any appendectomy arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2009, 05:24 PM
 
Location: In a house
5,230 posts, read 7,327,596 times
Reputation: 2558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
When abortions become illegal, if people take chances doing unsafe things, that's their dumbness. You play, you pay. It would be no different than going to a crack house and shooting up with a dirty needle. The best advice would be don't do the seamy behavior.
Seamy behavior? The best advice I can think of is for conservative minded folks to steer clear of people like you. Theres not much more liberal than calling a bunch of cells a human being & an unfortunate woman a murderer.

Conservative does not equal right wing religious nutcase & you do true conservatives a huge injustice by pretending to be one. You & folks like you are how & why we lost & the faster we distance ourselves from you the faster we can get the country back on track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top