U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 10:32 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,042,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Here's something interesting... Do you know what one trait all "higher order" life forms on this planet have in common? Every last one? The blastopore forms first, meaning that the opening that will later become your anus forms before the opening that will later become your mouth.
This makes sense, since most people talk out of their butts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 11:13 AM

3,196 posts, read 4,716,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
It's a bit different because we had crazies like Saddam and Bin Laden threatening the United States with attacks.
When and where did Saddam threaten the US?

Old 05-08-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
This makes sense, since most people talk out of their butts.
Speaking for yourself?
(correct answer: Yes).

Old 05-08-2009, 12:33 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
When and where did Saddam threaten the US?
You know he's going to either ignore the question or spin it.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Does Eeeee get to decide which life forms are "higher order"?
Oh. Don't tell me. Wouldn't it be SO telling if liberals found themselves defending fetal animals?

There was just such a case on Cape Cod in liberal extremist Massachusetts. Turns out there was some manmade disturbance, perhaps noisy machinery that was preventing some sea creature's eggs from hatching on the beach. Well the haughty leftwingers demanded it be stopped. This was some years ago. I don't even remember the resolution of this, but the point was, according to the left, there was nothing alive in those eggs, anyway, so what was the problem?

It's so much fun catching hypocrites in the midst of their hypocrisy.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:49 PM

663 posts, read 1,606,590 times
Quote:
It's so much fun catching hypocrites in the midst of their hypocrisy.
We know, we read your posts, i.e., stopping all abortion and then defending the accidental killing of innocent people in the name of war.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastee View Post
We know, we read your posts, i.e., stopping all abortion and then defending the accidental killing of innocent people in the name of war.
I can't understand why you people are so slow you don't remember my earlier reply on this. I said killing in the course of self defense is permissible. When these thugs are using kids as human shields and they are about to kill even more if you don't stop them, you stop them. The total picture is about saving as many lives as possible. You keep bringing up isolated incidents and going "See?" Just as hypocrites do.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You know he's going to either ignore the question or spin it.
What is hilarious is to see how he can make himself into a bigger hypocrite and ignoramus. This guy is really a hoot. My buddies and I've been reading this in a bar--laughing how moronic his posts are. We are even taking bets! So far, I'm ahead $12.00.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:56 PM

663 posts, read 1,606,590 times
Quote:
I can't understand why you people are so slow you don't remember my earlier reply on this. I said killing in the course of self defense is permissible. When these thugs are using kids as human shields and they are about to kill even more if you don't stop them, you stop them. The total picture is about saving as many lives as possible. You keep bringing up isolated incidents and going "See?" Just as hypocrites do.
Sorry, but you still don't get it. Killing is killing. You either accept that it happens or you don't. You are the one being hypocritical. You say its justifyable in one instance, but then not in another.

I'm ok with the death penalty. I'm ok with someone deciding for themselves if abortion is the only option. I'm ok with death in war. Its called consistent thought patterns.

And I could argue that in many cases an abortion does save the mother's life, both literally and figuratively.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:00 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
what is hilarious is to see how he can make himself into a bigger hypocrite and ignoramus. This guy is really a hoot. My buddies and i've been reading this in a bar--laughing how moronic his posts are. We are even taking bets! So far, i'm ahead $12.00.
HAHAHAHAHA. I wonder what Mr. EE will think of this when he sees it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates