U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-09-2009, 06:46 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 14,149,036 times
Reputation: 4545

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Exactly.
He's started *4* threads on it over the past week.

 
Old 05-09-2009, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Under a bridge.
3,196 posts, read 4,814,110 times
Reputation: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He's started *4* threads on it over the past week.
He has nothing else to do? It seems that a man of his idealistic, overly-opinionated, and uneducated could at least get a job.
 
Old 05-09-2009, 11:07 AM
 
1,330 posts, read 1,108,156 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 What is your point?
Just because I'm pro-choice does this mean that I don't believe that a human embryo is able to evolve into a human being?

FYI I'm not LW, middle or RW since I consider myself a pragmatist.
A human embryo doesn't 'evolve' into a human being. It's a human being from the moment of fertilization. And this fact renders your personal beliefs meaningless.
 
Old 05-09-2009, 11:21 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,762,738 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895
Quote:
It's a human being from the moment of fertilization. And this fact renders your personal beliefs meaningless.
Nope an embryo has no consciousness yet, because the brains aren't even developed.
Only at the age of 20+ is the human brain fully developed.

Besidez, a body without a brain (read: consciousness) is not human, it is just a soulless husk.
Like a car with no fuel.
In order to truly be human and alive you need to be aware (of yourself and your surroundings) and embryo’s simply aren’t.
 
Old 05-09-2009, 11:30 AM
 
1,330 posts, read 1,108,156 times
Reputation: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 Nope an embryo has no consciousness yet, because the brains aren't even developed.
Only at the age of 20+ is the human brain fully developed.

Besidez, a body without a brain (read: consciousness) is not human, it is just a soulless husk.
Like a car with no fuel.
In order to truly be human and alive you need to be aware (of yourself and your surroundings) and embryo’s simply aren’t.

So by your definition, we are free to abort until age 20?

Again, we've already established the human being is alive at conception, so your personal self-serving interpretation is meaningless and pointless. We don't care what rationale you want to use to justify abortion. Scientific fact trump.
 
Old 05-09-2009, 11:39 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,762,738 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895
Quote:
So by your definition, we are free to abort until age 20?
Nope a 2-year old baby generally already is consious, but has not a fully developed brain yet, while a foetus doesn't even has a brain.
Next you'll try to convince me that sperm already is a human life?
Which would make masturbating equal to mass murder.
 
Old 05-09-2009, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Sherwood, OR
663 posts, read 1,645,887 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
OK. IQ Test question. Let's see how you liberals do. Which of the following statements doesn't fit in with the rest.

1). I killed the intruder because he came at me with a knife.
2) The guy was getting ready to throw a grenade into the crowded school bus, so I killed him before he could do it.
3) I killed by baby because I feel so yucky when I'm fat.
Are you aware that there are stances other than Ultra-Conservative and Ultra-Liberal? But Rush / Sean / Glenn probably don't tell you about them.

I am a Libertarian. Here is the statement of principles:

"We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose."

Please keep your religion and viewpoints out of my life.
 
Old 05-09-2009, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Under a bridge.
3,196 posts, read 4,814,110 times
Reputation: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
So by your definition, we are free to abort until age 20?

Again, we've already established the human being is alive at conception, so your personal self-serving interpretation is meaningless and pointless. We don't care what rationale you want to use to justify abortion. Scientific fact trump.
eeeeeeeeee now you are proposing giving abortions to people who are not pregnant and under the age of 20?

HA HA HA HA HA HA -- I am sorry, but I can't help but laugh at you!!!!! WHAT A HOOT!!!!
 
Old 05-09-2009, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 14,149,036 times
Reputation: 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
eeeeeeeeee now you are proposing giving abortions to people who are not pregnant and under the age of 20?

HA HA HA HA HA HA -- I am sorry, but I can't help but laugh at you!!!!! WHAT A HOOT!!!!
No. I think he's suggesting killing everyone under the age of 20, using the logic that the brain of neither a fetus nor a person under 20 is fully developed.

EEE, I'm against abortion as you know (though you say I'm not), but you can't compare killing an embryo or a fetus to killing a child or an adolescent. Even you should know better.
 
Old 05-09-2009, 01:06 PM
 
13,667 posts, read 14,536,595 times
Reputation: 11355
E, Scientific fact may indeed trump, but the right of a woman to do as she pleases with her body no matter how distasteful to you trumps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top