Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 08:22 PM

604 posts, read 1,183,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
The world also 'allows' for slavery, prostitution, wifebeating, and female subservience. Those are the abominations we are working to eradicate.

Ummm, no. These things are pretty much illegal. Abortion is legal

So you think female subservience, spousal abuse and child prostitution are OK? Scary.

Ummm, wrong again. I was just pointing out that when another poster said the world 'allows' abortion, you countered with how the world 'allows' slavery and wife beaters. So I was saying, 'no, not really'. Last time I checked those things were illegal here in the US. So it's not a fair or even logical comparison.

You can't find information that shows embryos possess a complete and distinct human genome? That's odd. It's everywhere. Normally I don't do liberals' homework for them, but here:

DelMeyer: Genetics, Cloning & Stem Cells (http://www.delmeyer.net/GeneticsCloningStemCellResearch.htm - broken link)
Ummmm, that's from a church. I'd prefer a more scientific article.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:23 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,527,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
What "experts" do you speak of? Can you post a reputable source to prove this?

I could post a source, but I'm tired of doing liberal chicks' homework for them. Do you not know how to use Google? Do you know what Google is?

Oh hell. I'm feeling sympathetic tonight. Here:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=6378675&page=1

Hey, you know what? It IS possible that Russia could nuke us all into oblivion anytime now. So how about we go kill tens of thousands of Russians....just to be on the safe side.
Really? Did Russia threaten to do that to us?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:00 PM

604 posts, read 1,183,824 times
Quote:

You can't find information that shows embryos possess a complete and distinct human genome? That's odd. It's everywhere. Normally I don't do liberals' homework for them, but here:

DelMeyer: Genetics, Cloning & Stem Cells (http://www.delmeyer.net/GeneticsCloningStemCellResearch.htm - broken link)
Distinct genomes? As your article suggests, I guess by that theory it would be okay to abort twins.
But I did find all kinds of evidence to support genetic composition is determined at the point of fertilization. However, implantation has to happen after conception. If the fertilized egg does not implant, there will be no pregnancy.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:11 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,880,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I think a discreet ceremony, with a few close family and friends, dressed in black, of course, and a tiny "fingernail coffin" should be sufficient!

Maybe E is a he. . . probably true now that I reflect upon it. . . .thanks for the tip!
Is it bad that I just gathered them up and threw them in the rubbish bin?

Fingernails keep growing after a person dies don't they?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:16 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,527,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Is it bad that I just gathered them up and threw them in the rubbish bin?

Fingernails keep growing after a person dies don't they?
Do you know what an organism is? Perhaps not. That's a rather scientific term.

Don't you have some sheep to attend to, Mate?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Do you know what an organism is? Perhaps not. That's a rather scientific term.

Don't you have some sheep to attend to, Mate?
I am not now, nor will I ever be, your mate. Keep your racist and offensive personal comments to yourself thanks.

Given that I just read the article you posted from beginning to end, I'm surprised that you seem to think you know what an organism is.

Of course now that I see in the final paragraphs, Our Savior was once a one-cell embryo, understanding where you're coming from has become a whole lot easier.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:31 PM

458 posts, read 1,353,268 times
Eeeee is an ignorant person and I would not waste my breath.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda_Cooperstone1 View Post
Eeeee is an ignorant person and I would not waste my breath.
Oh I'm well aware of what I'm dealing with having had the "pleasure" previously when discussing the Pope's stance on condoms in Africa.

So Belinda, in how many States of the US is abortion illegal?

There seems to have been a lot of challenges to the legality of Roe Vs Wade in recent years and I'm just wondering if any states have changed their laws?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:39 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,991,727 times
Quote:
You don't think some African countries still have slavery? You are misinformed on a number of levels, aren't you?
If there are any African countries that still allow for slavery, then I'm sure the U.S. isn't on some mission to "eradicate" it. I have heard nothing of any political or military agenda to eradicate slavery in Africa.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:44 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,991,727 times
Quote:
Oh hell. I'm feeling sympathetic tonight. Here:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=6378675&page=1
I read your article. And not ONCE does it mention Bin Laden or even Iraq as a threat. The article is generalizing about the possibility of biological warfare. But it NEVER says anything about Bin Laden or Iraq.

By the way, are you aware that our war with Iraq has nothing to do with Bin Laden? We went to Iraq for other (questionable) reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.