Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 04:54 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,531,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
An embryo isn't an embryo until it plants. It's just 1.) an egg or 2.) a zygote (which is a fertilized egg). You can't abort something that is just drifting in uterus air until it might implant.
Zygote, embryo. It's human life either way. Life begins when conception occurs.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastee View Post
Are you aware that there are stances other than Ultra-Conservative and Ultra-Liberal? But Rush / Sean / Glenn probably don't tell you about them.

I am a Libertarian. Here is the statement of principles:

"We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose."

Please keep your religion and viewpoints out of my life.
You just made my case. An abortion interferes with the right (to life) of another. Thanks.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:14 PM

666 posts, read 1,843,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
You just made my case. An abortion interferes with the right (to life) of another. Thanks.
As soon as you show me an embryo that can vote or own firearms, I'll agree with you.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:53 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,657,162 times
Default Plan B is just higher dosage of the Pill

Quote:
I said the pill can cause abortions. If the spermicides and ovulation inhibitors fail, an embryo can result, but the pill also prevents attachment onto the uterine wall, therefore effectively aborting it.

Plan B always causes abortions this way.
In fact it is probably very close to the same dosage us older women took every day years ago. What do you think a woman does when she forgets to take a pill or two? Her doctor will tell her to double or triple up for a few days.

THERE is your Plan B. Woman have been doing this for decades. It is nothing new, only the pro lifers and the media never knew. Only women and their doctors knew about "Plan B"

Old 05-09-2009, 06:12 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,675 times
Quote:
Zygote, embryo. It's human life either way. Life begins when conception occurs.
This post shows a stunning lack of knowledge about biology. Even high schoolers know that this comment doesn't even rank as wrong. It's just plain loony.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
This post shows a stunning lack of knowledge about biology. Even high schoolers know that this comment doesn't even rank as wrong. It's just plain loony.
Specifically, which part of my statement is scientifically incorrect. You people have blathered on for 500 posts here and 1000 in the other thread about how stupid, crazy, incorrect, etc my statements are, but when you are asked for specifics, you can never come up with any.

So here's your chance, skippy.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:44 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,899,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
In fact it is probably very close to the same dosage us older women took every day years ago. What do you think a woman does when she forgets to take a pill or two? Her doctor will tell her to double or triple up for a few days.

THERE is your Plan B. Woman have been doing this for decades. It is nothing new, only the pro lifers and the media never knew. Only women and their doctors knew about "Plan B"
Thank you! I asked what Plan B was pages back and got the usual scorn and ridicule from the OP.

Here it's known as "the morning after pill".

Old 05-09-2009, 07:50 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,675 times
Quote:
eeeeeeeeeeee, my dearest blatherer: there can be no child if the zygote does not implant in the uterine wall. Until that happens, all you have is intercourse.

Every highschooler knows this--why don't you?

Old 05-09-2009, 07:50 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,899,648 times
Quote:
Bear in mind, based on religious beliefs, the OP would also believe in "immaculate conception".

Old 05-09-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post

Thank you dear. You just confirmed for all the leftwingers here that the Pill itself acts as an abortifacient. A pro-abortion person admitted it. Now we are getting somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates