U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 07:42 PM

3,088 posts, read 4,544,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda_Cooperstone1 View Post
Why are you using this post as yet another abortion post? I thought it was about winning debates or changing minds?
E's only "agenda" seems to be prevention of any and all means of controlling human population growth. . . .

Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,768,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
E's only "agenda" seems to be prevention of any and all means of controlling human population growth. . . .
No...his/her only agenda seems to be controlling people's sex lives and prevention of sex except in very limited circumstances.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:04 PM

458 posts, read 1,136,823 times
Ahhh I get it so E has no sex life and is totally bored with who he/she is?

Old 05-01-2009, 08:08 PM
PYT

122 posts, read 247,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Recently, I have launched two threads. I stated an irrefutable position, ended up winning both debates, but may have failed to change minds because of the irresistable urge to gloat a bit.

Did I miss an opportunity to change opinion by falling to this temptation? Or will most people see beyond defeat and recognize the truth?

It has been said Larry Summers and John Roberts have both suffered from "the smartest person in the room syndrome" where they tend to beat people over the head with their intellect. Roberts has done a good job pulling back on that. As a result, he has been able to persuade people, he says, over to his side where he once might have alienated them.

I dunno. Maybe I should hold back, too. Thoughts on that topic?
What's the point of "winning" a debate if you don't make any impact at all?
I mean what other reason is there?

To feel better about yourself?

Old 05-01-2009, 08:10 PM

14,969 posts, read 13,768,384 times
Quote:
Ahhh I get it so E has no sex life and is totally bored with who he/she is?
Likely...though, IIRC from other threads, EE has children. Shocking!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:13 PM

3,088 posts, read 4,544,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No...his/her only agenda seems to be controlling people's sex lives and prevention of sex except in very limited circumstances.
I stand corrected!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:31 PM

458 posts, read 1,136,823 times
EE has children? Oh for the love of god I would hate to be his child!

Old 05-01-2009, 09:25 PM

493 posts, read 495,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Recently, I have launched two threads. I stated an irrefutable position, ended up winning both debates, but may have failed to change minds because of the irresistable urge to gloat a bit.

Did I miss an opportunity to change opinion by falling to this temptation? Or will most people see beyond defeat and recognize the truth?

It has been said Larry Summers and John Roberts have both suffered from "the smartest person in the room syndrome" where they tend to beat people over the head with their intellect. Roberts has done a good job pulling back on that. As a result, he has been able to persuade people, he says, over to his side where he once might have alienated them.

I dunno. Maybe I should hold back, too. Thoughts on that topic?

No, Mr. Eeeee22895 I think you're not nearly as intelligent as you'd like to think you are, and have proven this in many of your posts. Now you're merely trolling for attention...and look at me not being able to resist feeding it to you. Ah well, at least I've called a spade a spade, and you're free to continue riling everyone by telling them what they should believe. Ain't life grand?

Old 05-01-2009, 10:31 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,042,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
...but you're doing the exact same thing to 'lefty pro abortion zealots'. You're resorting to name calling while lambasting the opposite spectrum with... you guessed it.. NAME CALLING.

And no, your definitely is not iron clad and was disproven numerous times, all of which you either ignored or simply gloated about how you were 'right'.
OK. Please frame for us the quote of even one example of my definition being disproven. Let's have ONE quote. Time to put up or slink away.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:33 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,042,670 times
Quote:
Why are you using this post as yet another abortion post? I thought it was about winning debates or changing minds?
Sorry, it seems the thread was hijacked by all the folks from the abortion thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates