U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2009, 08:29 PM

4,529 posts, read 4,740,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
There were protestors there on issues relating to the economy. Health care. Gay marriage. Emininet domain. The war. 2nd Amendment. and more

Its funny how the media has only mentioned one group of protests going on.

Gee - the media biased??? Nahhhhh

There were left wingers. Right wingers. Centrist wingers. All sorts there
Economy, health care, gay marriage, eminent domain, the wars...

All current issues.

2nd Amendment rights...

Not a current issue since there is nothing in the legislative pipe threatening that Right, but an as usual sensationalist opportunity for the right-wingers.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:31 PM

44 posts, read 23,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarch View Post
Would a gun free USA be possible for the USA or just a ideal of pacifists, and religous types or would this mark the US becoming a moral and decent society if this were to occur
The right to keep and bear arms is the SECOND AMMENDMENT of the Consitution. Notice, it's only one after the First Amendment. That's how important it was to the founding fathers for a free citizenry to keep and bear arms.

The only flaw in it is the fact that it wasn't incorporated onto the States through the 14th Amendment, unlike the liberal, activist judge made interpretations have been, i.e., abortion.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmr View Post
The right to keep and bear arms is the SECOND AMMENDMENT of the Consitution. Notice, it's only one after the First Amendment. That's how important it was to the founding fathers for a free citizenry to keep and bear arms.

The only flaw in it is the fact that it wasn't incorporated onto the States through the 14th Amendment, unlike the liberal, activist judge made interpretations have been, i.e., abortion.
Firstly, it is the 2nd Amendment, but it is the 6th Right listed.

Secondly, the Constitution is a Contract of Incorperation, everything within applies to all levels of g'ment, ignoring for the moment that the Feds ARE the States and We the People within Congress, not some gesalt entity who gobbles up rights for dinner, and little chidlren for dessert. This is also illustrated in the 9th and 10th Amendments as well. The US Constitution, good read.

LII: Constitution

Lastly, those "liberal, activist judges" who found in favor of Roe vs Wade 7 to 2, included Republicans and Conservatives. BTW, that "activist, liberal SCOTUS" are the ones who struck down the DC handgun ban as well.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:21 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,371,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Not a current issue since there is nothing in the legislative pipe threatening that Right, but an as usual sensationalist opportunity for the right-wingers.
Keep in mind that in Arizona, we carry firearms, in the open and concealed, all the time - including into the Convention center where the POTUS was. Not in protest - just to carry our firearms.

While you might not agree with the carrying of firearms - it is fairly standard fare here.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind that in Arizona, we carry firearms, in the open and concealed, all the time - including into the Convention center where the POTUS was. Not in protest - just to carry our firearms.

While you might not agree with the carrying of firearms - it is fairly standard fare here.
Scuze me, but I HAVE a C&C, in New York State no less.

Do some google serfing and find out what a pain in the ass it is.

Might want to actually READ people's posts before jumping to conclusions too.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Scuze me, but I HAVE a C&C, in New York State no less.

Do some google serfing and find out what a pain in the ass it is.

Might want to actually READ people's posts before jumping to conclusions too.
'Cuse me but, if you were to read MY comments before posting - you would have SEEN my SPECIFIC comments were directed towards ARIZONA LAW - Not the stupid New York law

Old 08-22-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
'Cuse me but, if you were to read MY comments before posting - you would have SEEN my SPECIFIC comments were directed towards ARIZONA LAW - Not the stupid New York law
"While you might not agree with the carrying of firearms - it is fairly standard fare here."

Old 08-22-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
"While you might not agree with the carrying of firearms - it is fairly standard fare here."
Here = Arizona

New York - No open carry law

Arizona - Open carry law

Old 08-22-2009, 11:13 PM

95 posts, read 147,523 times
it's hilarious when some people just don't get it...

Old 08-22-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSouthernRide View Post
it's hilarious when some people just don't get it...
indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates