U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 03:22 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Where do the fees end up? Good question, and I agree they should be put right back into the system for related matters.

The current system is far from perfect, that I will readily admit.

Since firearms do go across state lines (the last firearm I purchased I bought a half hour away in PA) I believe they should be standardized at the federal level.

And not JUST because NYS is a royal pain in the ass, with radically different C&C laws across the state.
I was offered a job in Hawaii last year. On Kuaui.The outfit wanted me, pretty decent pay, good bennies and hey, a chance to live in paradise right? Come to find out that just about every firearm I own is either illegal or next to impossible to use over there. Their gun laws SUCK. I just could not bring myself to give up $15,000 worth of guns to move there, not to mention giving up my chosen sport. I don't surf. You can have firearms, after a draconian process of registration with Honolulu PD, and forget about service style rifles. They are evil and only the cops 'need' them. Hell of it is, they have some good hunting, no competitions to speak of. Tranporting your guns is a legal smeagal unto itself. I just couldn't do it. Didn't like being looked at as a potential purveyor of violent mayhem simply because I like to shoot. I loved the islands, don't get me wrong, but that aspect turned me off, big time. LMAO< a lot of the charter boats that run fishing tours and such that I got hooked up with while I was there kept AR's, Mini 14's, (even saw a couple AK's ) on their boats. though. Interesting. Nothing 'legal' about this. But they did it anyway. I didn't ask and sure didn't tell.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:25 PM

3 posts, read 3,741 times
The experts agree.....
http://justmytruth.files.wordpress.c...un-control.jpg

Old 09-26-2009, 05:27 PM

3 posts, read 3,741 times
http://justmytruth.files.wordpress.c...un-control.jpg Nuff said

Old 09-26-2009, 05:40 PM

1,525 posts, read 3,294,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarch View Post
Would a gun free USA be possible for the USA or just a ideal of pacifists, and religous types or would this mark the US becoming a moral and decent society if this were to occur
Umm... it would be WWII Germany...

Old 09-26-2009, 05:59 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,556,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I was offered a job in Hawaii last year. On Kuaui.The outfit wanted me, pretty decent pay, good bennies and hey, a chance to live in paradise right? Come to find out that just about every firearm I own is either illegal or next to impossible to use over there. Their gun laws SUCK. I just could not bring myself to give up $15,000 worth of guns to move there, not to mention giving up my chosen sport. I don't surf. You can have firearms, after a draconian process of registration with Honolulu PD, and forget about service style rifles. They are evil and only the cops 'need' them. Hell of it is, they have some good hunting, no competitions to speak of. Tranporting your guns is a legal smeagal unto itself. I just couldn't do it. Didn't like being looked at as a potential purveyor of violent mayhem simply because I like to shoot. I loved the islands, don't get me wrong, but that aspect turned me off, big time. LMAO< a lot of the charter boats that run fishing tours and such that I got hooked up with while I was there kept AR's, Mini 14's, (even saw a couple AK's ) on their boats. though. Interesting. Nothing 'legal' about this. But they did it anyway. I didn't ask and sure didn't tell.
I guess the Hawaiians don't want you there, if all you want to do is shoot up the place. They probably wouldn't give you a very warm welcome. Find a place to shoot where the neighbors appreciate it. The Hawaiians don't and don't need to put up with it. They have a right to what they have enacted as their state regs. If Hawaiians go to Kansas, they have to give up surfing, too. Their call.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I guess the Hawaiians don't want you there, if all you want to do is shoot up the place. They probably wouldn't give you a very warm welcome. Find a place to shoot where the neighbors appreciate it. The Hawaiians don't and don't need to put up with it. They have a right to what they have enacted as their state regs. If Hawaiians go to Kansas, they have to give up surfing, too. Their call.
Not sure what your point is, beyond trying to label me as an irresponsible firearms owner that just wants to 'shoot up the place'. . For your information, I'm not one of the cretins that likes to shoot holes in road signs and water towers. The tone of your post is insulting and juvenile. There are people who shoot in Hawaii, but it has been made quite inconvenient for many to do so regularly. I hardly felt as if I was , personally, being singled out as a bad guy, as you insinuate. Thats pretty thin. Interesting attempt at disguising a personal attack.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:40 PM

I don't know what your problem is. If a locality, in the best interests of its own citizenry, chooses to impose regulations that inconvenience you, that's your problem, not theirs. Like a drunk getting pist off at a dry county.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I don't know what your problem is. If a locality, in the best interests of its own citizenry, chooses to impose regulations that inconvenience you, that's your problem, not theirs. Like a drunk getting pist off at a dry county.
In return, I don't know what your malfunction is either. I didn't move, and did not attempt to challenge the laws there, nor did I get "pist off" over it. I stayed put, with my collection of weapons intact and actually growing. 32 firearms, total , reside in my gun safe, 7 of which belong to my lil' dude, which he purchased on his own, with money earned from doing yard work, and other various odd jobs, and saving his b day and xmas money. He has showed a lot of grit, and has quite a nice collection for a 13 year old.He has advanced in competition from C class to A in Steel Challenge this year ( two division wins competing against adults, NICE) and he is also doing quite well in trap shooting and IPSC/USPSA. Service Rifle is on the books as well, using his LR .308B, and I told him if he holds his grades at B's and above, I will take him to Camp Perry. His goal is to make the cut for the Army Marksmanship Unit, and he is well on his way to doing so. My decision to stay in NV had a LOT more factors involved than whether or not I was 'wanted' in HI.Which I was, by the way, skilled tradesman with management and design experience, are in demand there, but my sons future, and him realizing his dreams, means more to me than a cush job in a warm climate. Our shooting range is only a mile away, making it very convenient for him to practice, and the whole community here is supporting his endeavors. Hard to walk away from that.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:55 PM

Then, why did you complain?

Old 09-27-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Then, why did you complain?
Who's complaining? I was making a comparison. Quit trying to get a rise out of me will ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates