U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 04:21 PM

300 posts, read 365,432 times

Advertisements

IMO, there should be NO LIMITATIONS, no restrictions, carrying ones firearms from one state to another. Americans have the right to own / possess firearms. States / Locales should not restrict it.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:50 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,152,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarch View Post
Would a gun free USA be possible for the USA or just a ideal of pacifists, and religous types or would this mark the US becoming a moral and decent society if this were to occur
No way, Here in Arizona a Pacifist is someone with less than 5 guns

Old 09-27-2009, 05:30 PM

24 posts, read 63,533 times
The British tried by banning firearms - and enjoyed rampant growth of knife crimes as the result. Last I heard, their boy scouts stopped allowing pocket knives.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:20 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
No way, Here in Arizona a Pacifist is someone with less than 5 guns
. Thats a good way of looking at things. However, one can own less than 5 and not be a pacifist providing that at least one gun is an EBR. (Evil Black Rifle)

Old 09-27-2009, 07:36 PM

4,179 posts, read 9,116,890 times
A friend sent me the link to JPFO, Jews for the Preservation of Gun Ownership. Here is a link some of you might find interesting, IF you are as free from racism as you may like to claim -
No Guns for Negroes: JPFO- No Guns for Negroes-download or view

Once a population is disarmed, any - ANYone - can decide to become a dictator, to enforce their own particular brand of government without fear of contradiction or defense. 170,000,000 -That's the number of civilians that have been murdered by their own governments in the 20th century alone. 170,000,000 men, women, and children who were defenseless to protect themselves. The first step in enforcing untenable control over others is gun control. 170,000,000 victims of gun control. Our founding fathers knew of this propensity, some had seen it firsthand. They determined that it would not happen in America.

Those who pretend that it can't happen here can talk to the ghetto Jews of Germany, the victims of Pol Pott Saddam Hussein - oh, wait, they're dead. Why are they dead? Because they were unable to defend themselves against a dictator. You can pretend that we are all civilized, and that those horrible things would never in a million years happen ever again. And you would be either lying or completely ignorant of human propensities or human history. After 106 pages here on C/D, the liars and fools can't be convinced/won't be convinced. They would prefer to pretend that it could never happen to them. And they deserve to die in their ignorance, their own special hell, pogrom, ghetto, or concentration camp. Because some humans will always seek power over others, even if it means the deaths of thousands. And it is ALWAYS the fools who said, "That could NEVER happen here! We're too civilized!" who invite the dictators in, and hand them the manacles with which to bind themselves and others.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:16 PM

95 posts, read 147,497 times
I will never give up my guns, or my right to have them...

With that being said, anything can be made into a weapon. You can kill somebody with a high-heel shoe if you hit the right spot. What's next? Are they going to take away women's footwear too? God forbid I threaten to slap somebody silly with my flip flops...

Car's come with a very dangerous weapon that is allowed to be drove across state lines, and carried out in public. Kind of changes the way you look at a tire-tool if you think about it.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:14 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,556,197 times
You'd be up against the regular army, easily outgunned. They have state of the art weaponry, well trained, high tech, full access to intel. No matter how well you are armed as a civilian, you'd be Ruby Ridge, or Wounded Knee, with the enemy unconcerned about their media image.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:40 PM

10 posts, read 26,422 times
...thr right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed' for more info go to ccrkba.org. and talk to a guy name alan gottlieb he rans the site

Old 09-27-2009, 10:07 PM

10 posts, read 26,422 times
I see mr. obamma is not like by gun owmers he's got a a## kicking come what is it nov 2010 we hope may god bless you all gun owners

Old 09-28-2009, 09:33 AM

3,949 posts, read 3,855,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
You'd be up against the regular army, easily outgunned.
I was going to respond with the Posse Comitatus Act but that didn't stop the FBI from bringing in the Delta Force at Waco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
you'd be Ruby Ridge, or Wounded Knee, with the enemy unconcerned about their media image.
Based on your past posts, I'm not sure which side you are calling 'enemy'. The FBI didn't care about their media image at the time of Ruby Ridge. The media portrayed the Weavers as a bunch of nuts. People died and Randy Weaver was convicted of missing a court date. The media didn't do much follow-up after that to uncover the whole truth.

There has been a lot written on the different scenarios that may happen if the .gov does a gun grab. In most of them, the majority of the people happily follow along. The next wave of pressure is directed at individuals and most comply. In the end, there will be a small percentage that won't give up without a fight. Remember that only 3% of the population of the US were actively participants in the American Revolution. Without help they may not have won the war but they hung on for years against the best army in the world at that time. How many of our armed forces will go against their oath to uphold the Constitution and just follow orders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates