U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 09:33 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,351 times

Advertisements

Move to Jamacia or the United Kingdom.... both are peaceful, non-violent places without guns... NOT...

Old 09-29-2009, 09:43 PM

29,967 posts, read 34,577,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
Move to Jamacia or the United Kingdom.... both are peaceful, non-violent places without guns... NOT...
Yeah, Mexico has a tough gun policy also. I wonder what's killing all those people along the border ? Sticks & Stones ?

Old 09-29-2009, 09:59 PM

5,763 posts, read 13,336,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
How come I've never had to defend myself from bullies, and neither has anybody I've ever known? Do I need to move to a better neighborhood, to enjoy this privilege?

I live in the old, inner city part of town, so I guess if I want to buy guns and hunt bullies, I have to move out to the country club suburbs, and meet bullies at the mall.

Unless you mean that I get to wave a gun to deter the bullies at my cable company and the DMV, who are the only ones that affect my life.
I don't know . . . maybe you're built like a pro wrestler. If not, maybe you've just been lucky.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:37 PM

24,757 posts, read 26,832,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarch View Post
Would a gun free USA be possible for the USA or just a ideal of pacifists, and religous types or would this mark the US becoming a moral and decent society if this were to occur
Being gun free would be the mark of a totalitarian dictatorship. The dictators will have guns and the citizens won't. That is the ultimate aim of so-called "gun control" legislation. They want to scare us into volunteering to give up our rights so it will be easier for the dictators when the New World Order dictatorship moves in.

By the way, I've never owned a gun in my life. But I support peoples' rights to own them. The founders of the Constitution understood that people need to be protected from a tryannical government and that those who give up liberty in the name of security will have neither.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:15 AM
ncc

95 posts, read 263,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Being gun free would be the mark of a totalitarian dictatorship. The dictators will have guns and the citizens won't. That is the ultimate aim of so-called "gun control" legislation. They want to scare us into volunteering to give up our rights so it will be easier for the dictators when the New World Order dictatorship moves in.

By the way, I've never owned a gun in my life. But I support peoples' rights to own them. The founders of the Constitution understood that people need to be protected from a tryannical government and that those who give up liberty in the name of security will have neither.
I absolutely agree, guns are so important to our culture and who we are as Americans. The Liberals know that they won't be able completely ban firearms, because our 2nd amendment states, "Citizens have the right to bare arms" however this is where the Libs are going to act. They believe, that it says nothing about "LOADED ARMS". It's really nonsense, but they think it's a loophole that'll heavily restrict ammunition, raise the prices astronomically, and put serial numbers on every bullet. Imagine a serial number on every bullet that's linked to you after purchase. People will be have to be so cautious by not losing them, giving some away, etc, etc..

Old 09-30-2009, 10:20 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,625,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc View Post
this is where the Libs are going to act. They believe, that it says nothing about "LOADED ARMS". .
Who are these liberals you are talking about? A gun without ammo is a club, and does not quality as "arms". No liberal would ever argue to the contrary. Unlike the other side, liberals know how to look up words in the dictionary.

If the liberals argued the points you attribute to them, they would tell you that "arms" are "weapons", and if the government lets you bear a pitchfork, the second amendment rights are not infringed. The constitution just says "arms"---NOT "firearms". Constitutionally, the government could take away, by force, all firearms, and would not violate the second amendment if they let you bear pitchforks, steak knives, slingshots, and juggernauts.

All lliberals acknowledge that the second amendment is to be interpreted as "Firearms", and gun is not a firearm if it is not loaded and there is no access to ammunition. A "firearm" is a combination device of ammunition and a means to deliver the round using explosive force. Lacking either, it is not a firearm.

A question often asked and never answered is, post a link to a reputable liberal who has stated his desire to have all useful firearms taken away from the general public. If you cannot do that, then stop saying there are such liberals.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-30-2009 at 10:36 AM..

Old 09-30-2009, 11:26 AM

3,972 posts, read 3,860,952 times
I have finally found proof that a person's gun will be taken away and used against him - link.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:47 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,999,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Probably just an (unreachable) ideal. . . it is not possible to pass laws to change human nature, and the last thing I want to see is a "war on guns", similar to the war on drugs, etc., that kind of thing only makes it worse! I am having a hard time understanding why "assult weapons" cannot be banned, however. . . can anyone explain to me the NRA's logic on this one?
What do you think an "assault weapon" is cap1717?
Give a definition.

GL2

Old 10-01-2009, 09:51 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,625,428 times
This should convince everyone:

Little Boy Heroically Shoots, Mutilates Burglar | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 10-01-2009, 11:02 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,383,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I have finally found proof that a person's gun will be taken away and used against him - link.
While you are looking things up - why don't you find links to stories where a Police Officer had their gun taken from then and then was shot and killed with their own weapon.

I believe you can find more than a couple of stories like this -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates